[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1463156750033[1].jpg (55 KB, 442x640)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>11523149
SEED (now featuring Cross Ange) HATE GENERAL
WHY ARE FUCKADA AND MOROSHITWA SO SHITTY?
WHY IS HIRAI SO SHITTY?
WHY IS KIRA SO SHITTY?
WHY IS SEED SO FULL OF QUALITY?
WHY ARE CE FANS SO CREEPY?
WHY IS CROSS ANGE SO MISOGYNISTIC?
>>
And to think I even gave SNEED Destiny a fair shake... had to stop at episode 42
>>
File: Athrun x Cagalli 2.jpg (284 KB, 800x600)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>22577763
You need a dose of beauty, anon.
>>
>>22577768
Not canon and Cagalli is the ugliest of all SNEED women
>>
>>22577791
I am sorry about your blindness, anon.
>>
File: 1324236743491.jpg (413 KB, 580x764)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>22577763
>Purple rose
>>
>>22577834
Are these jokes still relevant anymore?
>>
File: only feed on punch.jpg (962 KB, 1280x1440)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>22577926
They've been supplanted.
>>
File: 61918966_p0.jpg (693 KB, 800x1131)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>
There is gonna be the person who got the abilty to awaken seed factor in everyone for sure in next seeed series.
>>
File: 1710680746334985.jpg (18 KB, 360x270)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>22580616
All these destiny plan stuff is kind of boring
Would prefer more Mu La Flaga family dynamics and clones, which we know there's still a bunch of out there
>>
>>22577763

We already have a new active Seed thread >>22579364

You are too slow OP
>>
>>22577768
The final victory of the Clyne Faction. The son of Patrick Zala chooses Natural tomboy pussy rather than a Coordinator.
>>
>>22580690
zoom zoom
>>
File: No 26 Athrun Zala.jpg (536 KB, 1450x2048)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>22577768
The /m/an of beauty.
>>
Bump.
>>
Did Lacus and Kira actual pork on the beach?
>>
File: kazuki_before_after.png (339 KB, 500x736)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>22577768
>>22581499
Athrun is arguably the ugliest young man (late teens/early 20s) in the Cosmic Era. His harem is a forced meme by Fukuda which is only funny (in a sense that, once laughs AT Athrun) because he's socially awkward due to having whatever form of "coordinator autism" he suffers from.
There's also his ugly ass "receding hairline" as drawn by Hirai. Its supposed to make him present as a more prim-and-proper individual (Yzak's style accomplishes this better but Nicol/Rau are the GOATS due to having slightly curly hair) than Kira and Shinn (and Dearka) but it just ends up looking bad. The closest comparison one can make is with Kazuki Makabe from Fafner and in later installments.
>>
>>22585778
and in later installments Hirai revises the design so that less of his forehead is visible which looks much nicer.
>>
>>22585781
All the little changes in Hirai's style ans the character designs in the Fafner sequels are nice. I really liked Soushi's look with the glasses in Exodus.
>>
>>22585781
>>22585778
>>
File: 1505562586393.png (57 KB, 800x800)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>22585886
They really couldn't have justified left being a pussy magnet harem mc
>>
>>22585778
How come Fafner looked much better than SEED overall, despite sharing the same character designer and even having the same Hiraiface.
Even the original show looked much better and consistent than SEED at any point.

Just compare it to this >>22585886

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: GLW83VwbMAAyFk5.jpg (1.25 MB, 2868x4096)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>22581499
https://twitter.com/mm_ogata_rkgk/status/1780537003555295355
>>
File: GLI3nwsbAAAagTG.jpg (312 KB, 1200x848)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>nostalgia
>powerlevel faggotry
>butthurt
Behold the three pillars of the SEED fandom.
>>
>>22586063
Based.
>>
>>22586063
Freedom, the father.
MSF, the son.
Destiny, the holy spirit.
>>
>>22586046
Well, Xebec had another year or two to get good at digipaint for one thing. And even accounting for the change in writers after the first six episodes, the original Fafner was probably less of a mess behind the scenes. Fukuda and Morosawa were sorta infamous for introducing stuff kinda late in the game or making a change last minute or just caving to some suit's decision.
>>
File: Athrun 4head.png (444 KB, 867x609)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>
>>22577763
Shinn is handso/m/e.
>>
>>22586046
Whenever I compare Fafner and Gundam SEED, I reminded of one of the reasons why there is no god.
On one hand, you have SEED, a series known for overblown budgets coupled with overused stock footage. A series that had a lot of potential for good storytelling and the capacity to address difficult moral questions the human race will face in the near future (or is facing now) courtesy of Shigeru Morita, yet instead chose to squander that potential on the shallow, undercooked teenaged drama produced by the dead Chikai Morosawa who had no business being anywhere near the writer's chair. SEED is an incredibly sloppy and unrefined product, chock full of bad writing by any objective literary analysis, yet it is somehow insanely popular.

By contrast, you have Fafner. Fafner isn't amazing, but it has one trait that SEED is devoid of: Competence. The show is just competently written, like the writer's have respect for the characters they are manipulating and the audience their product will be presented to. Like SEED it has teenaged drama elements as well but handles them in a far more mature and realistic manner while being an engaging /m/echa anime to watch (fight between Soushi 2 and Kazuki in "The Beyond" trumps most/all SEED fights). Is it an Eva clone? It started as one, but then adopted its own identity. Rahxephon is a more shameless Eva clone yet is also enjoyable. Yet most of the time when Fafner is brought up, the immediate joke laid out is "Is this footage from the Gundam SEED movie?", and sometimes this is spoken unironically.
>>
>>22586613
Poor Cuckthrun, settling for an Orb artistocrat's sloppy seconds
>>
File: Seed 28 Athrun.webm (2.3 MB, 1280x720)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB WEBM
>>
Ackcord.
>>
>>22586737
I like both of them, it's your loose.
>>22586063
That's how you keep the series afloat by having it living rent-free in hater and fan heads until it gets Gundam 00 Movie epilogue treatment on how it all comes to an end.
>>
>>22587024
>I like both of them, it's your loose.
I never said I didn't like SEED, just Fafner deserves the widespread recognition/popularity of SEED.
>>
https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/1780965959018086805

Fukuda is writing a story that will show the decision to put Shinn in Immortal Justice.
>>
>>22587363
>https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/1780965959018086805
We're getting a series version of Freedom like RE:0096
>>
>>22588134
He is going to do the story of the Freedom heist with Shinn as the main character. The OVA will also tell the establishment of COMPASS.
>>
>>22588134
That tweet says nothing like that at all. It says they are writing something about a prequel, and hope it gets approved.
>>
File: IMG_3841.jpg (671 KB, 1179x1258)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>22587363
>>
From everything I've heard, I don't see Bandai giving Fukuda a full movie for a prequel. Maybe an OVA maybe? Does the prequel have any new mobile suits that we didn't see in the Freedom movie? Or new factions?
>>
>>22588245
It's gonna be an OVA for sure

https://twitter.com/fukuda320/status/1780648621618426318
>>
What's the big deal about Freedom getting stolen and quickly shot down? Is there some bigger story we are missing here? Freedom getting stolen sounds the sub-plot of a much bigger film. And why steal Freedom? Why not steal Infinite Justice, Destiny, Akatsuki, or rebuild Legend? Was there a need to physically steal Freedom? Why not steal the data blueprints from ZAFT? Much easier.
>>
>>22588280
He may be setting the stage for more story to continue after Freedom. Maybe behind the Freedom heist there is more story than we think. New groups and characters?
>>
>>22588299
Ok that I can understand. The Freedom getting stolen plot means nothing to me. But if we are getting new characters or factions then that definitely sounds interesting. I'd rather hear more details about that stuff.
>>
https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/1780958441974157779

SEED FREEDOM ティーチイン上映会
・Q1.『DESTINY』ラスト~『FREEDOM』まででカガリの心境(指輪の扱い)の変化について気になって3ヶ月間眠れません
福田 指輪はしまっただけで返したわけじゃないですから。
>SEED FREEDOM Teach-in Screening・Q1. I've been thinking about the change in Cagalli's state of mind (about how she handles the ring) between the end of "DESTINY" and "FREEDOM", and I haven't been able to sleep for three months. Fukuda: She just put the ring away, she didn't give it back.

Q1.続き
福田 自分の失態でオーブを焼いちゃったわけじゃないですか。今は自分のことよりも国のことをやるという意味でしまってて。それはアスランも分かってる。
>Q1. Continued Fukuda: It was his own mistake that caused the Orb to burn, wasn't it? Now he's putting it aside to put the country before himself. Athrun knows that too.

福田 僕の考えだとカガリ主導のコンパス設立あたりで指輪(首に)付けてる。そこで一区切りだと思うんですよ。同じ場にいてもお互いの気持ちを言い合うチャンスはなくてそこから進まないと
>Q1. Continued Fukuda: In my opinion, he started wearing the ring (around his neck) around the time Compass was founded by Kagari. I think that was the end of the road. Even though they were in the same place, they didn't have a chance to express their feelings to each other, and they had to move on from there.
>>
>>22588343
Q2.アスランが実質キラ専用機であるストライクフリーダムを使えた理由
福田 単純にアスランがスゴかった(会場笑)。キラは特別なコーディネイターかもしれないけど、アスランの敵ではなかった
>Q2. Why was Athrun able to use the Strike Freedom, which was essentially Kira's personal weapon? Fukuda: It was simply because Athrun was amazing (audience laughs). Kira may have been a special coordinator, but he was no match for Athrun.

Q3.『クロスアンジュ』のイベントみたいにXで実況していいですか
福田・仲P 別にいいけどもったいなくね?
>Q3. Is it okay to do a live commentary on X like we did for the Cross Ange events? Fukuda and Naka-P: That's fine, but wouldn't it be a waste?

・Q4. 冒頭の金髪さんは誰ですか
福田 後藤さんと検証して、一応オルフェです。オルフェの夢の中にしましょうと。タンクで育ったわけじゃないんで、なんであの歳でタンクにいるんだと言われると困るよねと。困るものは夢とかで逃げようと
>SEED FREEDOM Teach-in Screening Q4. Who is the blonde at the beginning? After discussing with Fukuda and Goto, we decided it was Orpheus. Let's make it Orpheus' dream. I didn't grow up in a tank, so it would be difficult to know why I was in a tank at that age. I tried to escape from things that were bothering me by turning them into dreams.

Q6.アスランのプラントクーデター情報がやたら早い理由はイザーク経由?
福田 イザークへの情報はバルトフェルド経由です。あの辺はネットワークで繋がってます。タカ派の情報はガバガバです
>SEED FREEDOM Teach-in Screening Q6. Was the information about Athrun's PLANT coup revealed so quickly due to Yzak?
Information to Fukuda Isaac comes via Waltfeld. That area is connected by a network. Information on the hawks is sloppy.
>>
>>22588346
Q7.アメイジングジャスティスとはいったい
福田 単純にキャバリアーが付くと全部「アメイジング」が付く。コンテの段階では全く決めてません。商品化段階で決めてます。大人の事情です
>Q7. What exactly is Amazing Justice? Fukuda: Simply put, if you add Cavalier, everything has "Amazing" in it. It's not decided at all at the storyboard stage. It's decided at the productization stage. It's an adult matter.

Q7.続き
福田 最初(イモータルを)「ナイトジャスティス」って名前にしてたけど「そんな名前のヤツがいたよね」って言われたからじゃあ名前変えまーすと
仲P そんなこともありました
>Q7. Continued Fukuda: At first I named (Immortal) "Night Justice" but someone said "There was someone with that name, right?" so I changed the name. Naka P: That happened too.

Q8.ラクスが寝落ちしてるシーンの夢は、アコードの誰かが干渉してる?
福田 そういうことではないです。単純にお互いにすきま風を感じてる時期だっただけです。ただ、ラクスの能力的にオルフェの顔を見てしまった可能性は十分考えられるんじゃないかな
>Q8. Is someone from the Accord interfering with the dream in which Lacus falls asleep?
Fukuda: That's not the case. It was simply a time when they felt a sense of unease with each other. However, I think it's entirely possible that, given Lacus's abilities, she saw Orpheus' face.

Q8.続き
福田 実は『DESTINY』の最後の方からそれっぽい表現ちょこちょこ出してるんですよ。繋がったらいいなってイメージだったんですけど、その延長線上ですね
>Q8. Continued Fukuda: Actually, I've been using similar expressions here and there since the end of "DESTINY". I had the image of it being connected, and it's an extension of that.
>>
>>22588352
Q9.デュランダルのラクス暗殺理由
福田 ファウンデーション設立に協力はしましたけど、ラクスは要らないと思ったんでしょう。アレは汚染されてるから。強敵だと思ってたんで。それ以外はなんとかできると思ってたんでしょう、と僕は思ってます
>Q9. Durandal's reason for assassinating Lacus Fukuda: Although he helped establish the Foundation, he probably thought that Lacus was unnecessary. That thing was contaminated. He thought that she was a formidable enemy. He probably thought that he could do something about the rest, or so I think.

・福田 仮になんですけどもし続編があるとしたらシンの話が見たい人?
(大半挙手)
アスランの話見たい人?
(大半挙手)
カガリの話見たい人?
(大半挙手)
分かった。キラの話はもういいと思ってる人?
(少数挙手)
分かりました

>Fukuda Hypothetically, if there was a sequel, who would want to see Shin's story?
>(Most hands raised.)
>Who wants to see Aslan's story?
>(Most hands raised.)
>Who wants to see Kagari's story?
>(Most hands raised.)
>Okay, so who else is ready for Kira?
>(Minority hands raised)
>Understood

Q.10 マルキオ導師の行方と今後の「SEED」能力の深掘りは?
福田 アレはあれ以上深掘りのしようがないんですよ。マルキオはモルゲンレーテの島で教会を運営して孤児の面倒見てると思います
>Q.10 What will become of Master Marquio and how will SEED's abilities be explored in the future?
>Fukuda: There's no way to dig any deeper into that. I think Marquio runs a church on the island of Morgenroete and takes care of orphans.
>>
Hearing Fukuda talk about Asucaga, I think Naomi may be guilty of the allegations. Or is likely superstitious that her involvement might curse the project.
>>
>>22588356
Q.10続き
福田 当初はアイツ(マルキオ)、ラスボスだったんですよ(どよめく観客)。アイツがパトリックにクルーゼみたいなこと言ってたんですよ。
>Q.10 continued Fukuda: At first, he (Marukio) was the final boss (audience roars). He was saying things to Patrick like he was Krusset.

Q.10続き
福田 ラウを関俊彦さんに選んだのは両澤なんですよ。アイツ、ブリード(サイバー)とか大好きなんですよ。ラウとムウって役者さんをどっちをどっちにするか迷ったんですよ。ガンダムWとかシュラトとかいろいろ考えて、最終的に俺も迷っちゃって
>Q.10 Continued Fukuda: It was Morosawa who chose Seki Toshihiko for the role of Lau. He loves Breed (Cyber). I couldn't decide which actor to play Lau and which one to play Muu. I thought about Gundam W and Shurato and I couldn't decide either.

Q.10続き
福田 両澤が「ラウを俊彦さんに演ってもらいたい」と。たぶんその時からああいうラストを狙ってたと思いますよ。ラストは俊彦さんもめちゃめちゃ気合いが入ってましたから。本編とSEで二回録ってますけど、両方とも声潰してましたからね。ガラガラになって
>Q.10 Continued Fukuda: Morosawa said, "I want Toshihiko to play Lau." I think he was probably aiming for that kind of ending from that point on. Toshihiko was really fired up for the ending. We recorded it twice, once for the main part and once for the sound effects, but he muffled his voice both times. It became raspy.
>>
>>22588360
>>Q.10 continued Fukuda: At first, he (Marukio) was the final boss (audience roars). He was saying things to Patrick like he was Krusset.
>Q.10続き

YOROKOBE, SHOUNEN!
>>
>>22588360
Q11.両澤さんの初出エピソード
福田 すごく最初の頃、キラとアスランがベタベタしたイラストが出ると怒ってました。キラに赤服着せたのもアイツです
>Q11. First appearance of Morosawa-san Fukuda: At the very beginning, he was angry when an illustration of Kira and Athrun looked too sticky. He was the one who made Kira wear red clothes.

福田 無印では航路図を作ってました。戦闘シーンで同じフィールド、同じ状況、同じ戦闘はマズいよねと常に変化させてました。そこにドラマを被せてました
>Fukuda: For the original series, I made a route map. I thought it would be bad to have the same field, the same situation, and the same battle in the battle scenes, so I always changed it. I added drama to it.

Q12.無印にも百発百外し的な描写があるが、トダカ由来なのか別の軍人由来なのか
福田 トダカさんだけでないですね。単純に『FREEDOM』にいた人がトダカさんの近くにいた人だったと。(オーブ軍)みんながやってることだと思います
>Q12. There is a scene in the original where he misses every shot, but is it from Todaka or another soldier? It's not just Todaka Fukuda. It's simply someone who was in "FREEDOM" who was close to Todaka. (Orb Army) I think everyone does it.

Q13.シンをジャスティスに乗せようと決めたのはいつ?
福田 今書いてまーす(会場拍手)
仲P 今後発表する機会があればそこで描写されている可能性があるということで
>Q13. When did you decide to put Shin on Justice?
>Fukuda: I'm writing it now (applause from the audience)
>Naka P: If there is an opportunity to announce it in the future, there is a possibility that it will be depicted there.
>>
>>22588362
Q14.今見て直したい部分ある?
福田 それ言っちゃうと作り直したいってなっちゃうよ。気になるところ山ほどあるし。間違いも山ほど見つけてるし。イラッとするけどみんながわーってなってるのを見ると「まぁいっか」って。そういう繰り返しです
>Q14. Looking back at it now, is there anything you'd like to fix?
Fukuda: If I say that, I'll want to redo it. There are tons of things that bother me. I've found tons of mistakes. It annoys me, but when I see everyone getting all flustered, I think, "Oh well." It's a recurring pattern.

Q15.ユニウス条約ってどうなったの?
福田 設定周りは正直僕はあまり知らないです。ユニウス条約の内容ってなんですか?ってレベルです。批准してない国は当然守る必要ないですし。『DESTINY』でもう破っちゃたし制裁もないからザルですよね
>Q15. What happened to the Junius Treaty?
>Fukuda: To be honest, I don't know much about the setting. I'm at the level of, "What is the content of the Junius Convention?" Of course, countries that haven't ratified it don't have to abide by it. It was already broken in "DESTINY" and there are no sanctions, so it's a sloppy mess.

Q15.続き
福田 そういうのを将来的になくそうとしてコンパスを作った。全世界的に軍事力を縮小して国連みたいなものを作ろうと。復興にお金を使っていきましょうと。そこではまだ何も決まってないので、やりたい放題、使いたい放題なんでしょ
>Q15. Continued Fukuda: We created Compass to try to eliminate that kind of thing in the future. We want to reduce military power worldwide and create something like the United Nations. We want to spend money on reconstruction. Nothing has been decided yet, so you can do whatever you want and spend as much as you want.
>>
>>22588367
Q15.続き
仲P 全てを監督が決めてるわけではないということで
福田 富野さんに『MSV』のこと聞いてみな? どれだけ知ってると思う? これだけ膨大に膨れ上がった設定を。たぶん全部は把握してないと思うよ。私も同じです
>Q15. Naka P: Not everything is decided by the director, so why don't you ask Fukuda Tomino about "MSV"? How much do you think he knows? With all the settings that have expanded so dramatically. I don't think he knows everything. I feel the same way.

Q15.続き
福田 最初スタートのとき『SEED』って遅れたんです。10月スタートでおもちゃ8月スタートだったんです。メカが間に合わなくて大河原さんが立て直してくれたんですけど
>Q15. Continued Fukuda: When we first started, "SEED" was delayed. It started in October, but the toys were supposed to start in August. The mecha didn't make it in time, so Okawara-san helped us get it back on track.

Q15.続き
福田 間に合わないので急遽別のデザイナー(阿久津氏)で外伝をやろうと立ち上げたのが『アストレイ』なんです。その時本編スタッフはかなり忙しい状態だったので、僕も両澤も全く関知してないんです
>Q15. Continued Fukuda: Because we couldn't make it in time, we quickly decided to hire another designer (Mr. Akutsu) to do a spin-off, which became "Astray." At the time, the main staff was extremely busy, so neither I nor Morosawa were involved at all.
>>
>>22588371
Q15.続き
福田 ある程度ルールを決めてお互いに走りましょうと。そこで生まれた設定の半分以上は知らないかもしれない。お互いに手を組みましょうと言いつつも内容には干渉しない状態で進んでる。
>Q15. Continued Fukuda: We decided on some rules and then ran with each other. I may not know more than half of the settings that were born from that. We said we would work together, but we didn't interfere with the content.

Q15.続き
福田 皆さんにはひとつの「SEEDワールド」だけどアストレイのことを聞かれてもわからない。大人の事情ということで汲んでいただけると
>Q15. Continued Fukuda: For everyone, it's one "SEED World," but when you ask about Astray, you don't know. I think you can understand that it's an adult matter.

Q16.サイとカズイについて
福田 サイは外交官の息子だったと思うけど、そういう流れで学校を卒業して政治の世界に見習いとして入ってると思います。カズイは戦争とは関係ないところでいきていきたいということで一般ピープルです
>Q16. About Sai and Kazui Fukuda: I think Sai was the son of a diplomat, and that's how he graduated from school and entered the world of politics as an apprentice. Kazui is an ordinary person who wants to live somewhere unrelated to war.

Q17.ピラフを給仕している目隠しの人はいったい……?
福田 単純にヴェール着けた王宮のスタッフです。意味深に見えるかもしれないけど
仲P 作画さんがアドリブで芝居を入れた結果目立ったのかも
>Q17. Who is the blindfolded person serving the pilaf?
>Fukuda: They're simply palace staff wearing veils. It may look significant, but Naka-P: Maybe it's because the animator added some ad-lib that it stood out.
>>
>>22588374
Q17.続き
福田 シン君は美味しそうに食ってましたね。ああいう場でガバガバ食うのは新人ですね
仲P かわいかったですね
福田 彼女がいるのにアレ?
>Q17. Continued Fukuda: Shin-kun, you were eating with gusto. It's only a rookie to eat like that in a situation like that. Naka P: It was cute. Fukuda: Even though you have a girlfriend?

Q18.ラウとレイはアコードの存在を知っていたのか
福田 アコードって概念は知らなかったと思います
>Q18. Did Lau and Lei know about the existence of the Accord? Fukuda: I don't think they knew about the concept of the Accord.

Q.19 ユーレンはキラをアコードの失敗作だと思っていたのか
福田 共同研究しているのでアコードと近い遺伝子、近いテクノロジーを放り込んでいるんじゃないのかなという設定です。
>Q.19 Did Yuren think that Kira was a failed Accord product? Fukuda: Since they are conducting joint research, I think they are using similar genes and technology to the Accord.

Q.19続き
福田 実はアコードに関しては両澤と、後藤さんと私とで若干ズレがあったりするんで。「失敗作」は完全に両澤のセリフですね
>Q.19 Continued Fukuda: Actually, there is a slight difference of opinion between Morosawa, Goto-san and myself regarding the Accord. The word "failure" was entirely Morosawa's line.

Q.19続き
福田 アコードはESP、ムウがNT的なもの、一般のコーディネイターがいるという分別だったので。キラはアコード程の能力がない普通のコーディネイターという意味合いだったと思いますけど、今となっては分からない
>Q.19 Continued Fukuda: The Accords were ESPs, Mu was something like NTs, and there were normal coordinators. I think Kira was meant to be a normal coordinator without the same abilities as the Accords, but now I don't know.
>>
>>22588381
Q.19続き
福田 ユーレンはキラをコーディネイターとしては成功だったと思ってます
Q.19 Continued: Fukuda Yuren thinks Kira was a success as a coordinator.

福田 上映まだまだやるからね。『コナン』行ってもいいけど、その帰りもう一回くらい観ようね
仲P コナン観られた方?
(1/3くらい挙手)
>Fukuda There are still more screenings. You can go see "Conan", but on the way back let's watch it one more time, Naka P. Have you seen Conan?
>(About 1/3 of the hands raised)

End.
>>
Pretty hilarious that most of Fukuda's answers are:

1. I don't know
2. I don't remember that
3. What is that thing again?
4. I haven't decided yet
5. It means to be <Insert idea here>, but now I'm not sure anymore.
6. Who knows? It's a big mess.
7. Are you sure you don't want more Kira stories?

How can a director not know his own setting?

How can a director not know how own universe?
>>
>>22588406
That's why you can't trust what he says.

Anyway, he's supposed to have a team that manages all these points and maintains coherence... although with the movie the coherence has disappeared.
>>
>>22588406
Did you actually read the answers or are you just "GRRR FUKUDA BAD"?
>>
>>22588406
>>22588436
Samefag.
>>
>>22588358
I don't think Shindo left because he tried to break the relationship of those two. Maybe it was because of the change in treatment towards the character and her disappearance at the end of the story.
>>
>>22588443
What? Cagalli is portrayed as very competent in Freedom.
>>
>>22588346
Missed #5.

Q5.シーゲルとラクスは血が繋がってないんじゃないか
福田 まだ私にはその辺は分からないですね。ラクスのお母さんは悪い人じゃないと思います。アウラと意見の相違があったと。今後場があったら語ります。だいたいはあるんだけど言うわけにはいかない
>Q5. Siegel and Lacus aren't related by blood?
Fukuda: I don't know yet. I don't think Lacus' mother is a bad person. She had a difference of opinion with Aura. I'll talk about it when I have the chance. I have a general idea, but I can't say anything.
>>
>>22588445
?
Shindo left after Destiny. Cagalli's VA for Freedom is Nanako Mori.
There are rumors about what happened but nobody knows exactly what happened.
>>
>>22588471
Yeah. I know, but she was given the chance to reprise the role, which she did for Crossrays.
>>
File: Shinn and Koji.jpg (916 KB, 2001x2658)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
>>
>>22588367
>—Question #15: What happened to the Treaty of Junius?
>FUKUDA: To be honest, I don't really know much about the setting. What is the content of the Treaty of Junius? I am at the point where I am asking, "What is the content of the Treaty of Junius? Of course, countries that have not ratified the treaty do not have to abide by it. It's a bit of a vacuum since it was already broken in Destiny and there are no penalties.
WHAT HAVE I BEEN SAYING ALL THIS TIME, MOTHERFUCKERS?!

Fukuda might be a moron, but he's confirming a number of things right here:
>non-signatory countries are not bound by it; that is, just PLANT and the members of the Earth Alliance
>it has no enforcement mechanisms nor penalties for violations
And, most important of all:
>the treaty is dead and nothing is replacing it. In fact, a databook already confirmed that it's "dead letter" when Legend and Destiny appeared. Meaning that there are no limits in place for reactor-equipped mobile suits. In other words, COMPASS and Foundation have other reasons to use battery-equipped units, rather than political considerations
>>
>>22588724
>To be honest, I don't really know much about the setting

I always figured the treaty was just never put back in place after Destiny which is fair but.

>I don't really know much about the setting

IT'S YOUR FUCKING SHOW YOU INCOMPETENT HACK
>>
>>22588802
Shows how much Morosawa was basically doing all the setting talk.It's likely that Morosawa would know over Fukuda. Which makes sense since she's the writer.

Also, someone like Toriyama literally forgot a whole character (Launch/Lunch) , and he's the sole creator of Dragonball.
>>
>>22588724
Even in real life once someone violates a treaty the treaty is effectively dead and nobody is required to follow it anymore from then on. It's not like where if one guy breaks it you are still required to follow it's limitations lest you also get in trouble. Presumably to avoid situations just like that. Once Girty Lue appeared, and especially once the nukes were launched that was the end of the treaty and EA is the one that broke and therefore ended it.
>>
>>22588358
>>22588443
>>22588471
>>22588484

I assume she just didn't want to be in the same space as Fukuda, which would imply something definitely happened between them. She was willing to do games he wasn't involved in, but having to actually be directed by him again was a no go.
>>
>>22588811
Morosawa didn't do the setting. Those were Shigeru Morita and Hiroyuki Yoshino. I made a thread about the subject: >>22581581
Morosawa was more interested in the character drama. Interviews have her citing soap operas and the like as references.
>>
>>22588802
>I always figured the treaty was just never put back in place after Destiny which is fair but.
I figured the Treaty or some version of it was put back into place. Some countries signed. Some didn't. But it was largely a ceremonial gesture. The cat was out of the bag. Everyone had access to the NJ technology. Any country could launch nukes again if they really wanted to. Only MAD and Compass were a deterrent.

Pretty funny how Fukuda doesn't remember what the Junius Treaty was. Like how he forgot what was Lohengrin and positron cannons.
>>
>>22588816
>Even in real life once someone violates a treaty the treaty is effectively dead and nobody is required to follow it anymore from then on.
Not true. Countries can decide re-affirm treaties even after its been violated. It's happened many times.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 464x294)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>22588874
>Countries can decide re-affirm treaties even after its been violated. It's happened many times.
Which is more or less clear that it is not the case here, unless Fukuda (or someone else) starts retconning shit again.

Also, in most cases when there have been gross treaty violations, countries would rather sit again and negotiate a new agreement (with better terms) instead of trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together.
>>
https://cgworld.jp/article/308-gundamseed03.html
>>
>>
>>22588888
You can't retcon something when it wasn't even made clear to begin with. Fukuda doesn't even remember what his own setting was. He doesn't care or doesn't remember. It's why suddenly they can have long range communication in the movie despite the presence of neutron jammers.
>>
File: m8d7yvV.jpg (882 KB, 2100x1314)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>22588894
>It's why suddenly they can have long range communication in the movie despite the presence of neutron jammers.
That's easy to fix. Unlike Minovsky Particles that just float around, Neutron Jammers are physical devices. Who says they weren't removed both on Earth and in orbit after the wars? You said so yourself that Fukuda doesn't know or care about the details.
Also, the thing with Cagalli remotely piloting the Infinite Justice is a bit more than just "having long-range comms". It's fucking FTL.
>>
>>22588894
>You can't retcon something when it wasn't even made clear to begin with.
If anything, Fukuda is at least saying the treaty of Junius was already broken during the war and, by extension, nothing else replaced it.
>>
>>22588901
>Who says they weren't removed both on Earth and in orbit after the wars?
Then there would be no reason for Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Destiny to still need Neutron Jammer Cancellers to function. So clearly they were not removed.
>>
>>22588906
Why are you acting like Fukuda doesn't have control of his own story? He isn't a poster like you or me. Fukuda decides whether the Treaty is active or not. It's literally his decision. Why is he acting dumb?
>>
>>22588916
Weren't the Spec IIs upgraded by Morgenröte with fusion reactors, which technically wouldn't require NJCs to function?
>>
>>22588922
Fusion doesn't exist in CE.
>>
>>22588928
It didn't during CE 71, but it apparently does exist in CE 75.
>>
>>22588929
seriously fuck all of this

it's so goddamned hard to keep track of all this shit when they can just handwave it and say "it exists now" or "that's the way it is"
>>
File: 1653610688760.jpg (1.88 MB, 3360x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>22588920
>Why is he acting dumb?
I could make a snarky comment about this, but I'll just put it outright: BECAUSE FUKUDA IS DUMB. He only cares about two things:
>cool, flashy mecha scenes
>his pet characters acting cool and defeating the bad guys

We have known this for two fucking decades now. Here's a non-exhaustive list of all the more or less major shit Fukuda forgot to point out in the shows:
>where the druggies come from (made up some bullshit about "death row convicts" in an event, retconned as proto-Extended in Destiny)
>Mwu tanking a positron shot with the Strike, nevermind his survival (retcon only makes Murrue look incompetent for not retrieving the cockpit)
>Sting's blockword (revealed in a Tweet)
>a smoking gun that connects Durandal with the hit on Lacus
>Destiny running out of power in Orb (the fight between Kira and Orphee was overheating, so this is still up for grabs)
>the Earth Alliance collapsing on its own during the second war
>Tusk and Momoka surviving Embryo's attack ("explained" in a Tweet)
>Shinn burying the hatchet with Mwu/Neo for using Stella as a living weapon
>>
https://twitter.com/hiroyuki_taiga/status/1781116938737078545
>>
>>22588802
>>22588811
>>22588936
>IT'S YOUR FUCKING SHOW YOU INCOMPETENT HACK
Fukuda's excuse is that...
>Producer Naka: I'm just saying that the director doesn't make all the decisions.
>FUKUDA: Ask Mr. Tomino about MSV. How much do you think he knows? I think he probably doesn't have a grasp of all of it. He probably doesn't have a grasp of it all. The same goes for me.
>When we first started, "SEED" was delayed. We couldn't get the mecha up in time, so Mr. Okawara helped us get it back on track. Since it was very late, another designer (Mr. [Junichi] Akutsu) decided to start "Astray" as an offshoot in a hurry. At that time, the main staff was very busy, so neither I nor Morosawa had anything to do with it. [This tracks with the interview with Morita: >>22581594]
>We decided to set some ground rules and let each other run with them. We might not know more than half of the settings that were created there. We say let's join hands with each other, but we are proceeding without interfering with the content.
>It's one "SEED world" for everyone, but if you ask me about Astray, I don't know. I hope you can understand the circumstances.

There is a substantial difference between asking the official creator to know by heart every single minor detail of a gigantic "lore" (some do, however), and a bare minimum of plot consistency.
The thing with the Treaty in Destiny was obviously introduced in the story as a way to make things interesting and avoid power creep after Freedom/Justice/Providence appeared, which is fine. But a competent crew would have that detail written down somewhere and make some effort to explain the circumstances around it, rather than have third-party databooks to make sense of it all.
Ditto with keeping track of all the trans-humans in the story and their creators. CE has Newtypes, Accords, (regular) Coordinators and at least one "Ultimate Coordinator". Were Ulen and Aura/Durandal working on the same thing or not? How do the Accords retcon GSD's story?
>>
>>22588906
Don't twist his words. He didn't remember what it was, and then said it was a mess. Clearly the Treaty is not important to him as Director either way.

He just wants cool action scenes. Anything that gets in the way of that isn't relevant.
>>
>>22589330
Fukuda just doesn't care about it. He wants to smash his action figures together and give his heroes the best weapons. Even if there was a Treaty in place, Fukuda would have said something like "Oh there was a Treaty? *laughs* I had no idea. I'm not really familiar with every part of the setting." Then he would go on to the next question leaving fans confused.
>>
>>
Given how many counters there are to phase shift armor, is it worth having Phase shift on mobile shits anymore? Look at how the Black Knights did with their FT armor which almost completely negates beams. Or Akatsuki with beam reflection armor. If you were designing a new suit, would you bother with Phase Shift anymore? Would you be better off putting the energy savings towards another weapon or system?
>>
>>22589479
It depends if I was a battery powered suit or nuclear powered suit.

If I was battery, then I personally would either use Trans-phase shift armor which only activates upon impact and doesn't drain battery, or I would use FT armor.
>>
>>22589495
>Trans-phase shift armor which only activates upon impact
Trans-Phase was almost exclusively used in the druggie suits and relegated to a niche application after the first war. Nobody bothered with it after VPS was developed.
>>
File: zgmf-x56s0.jpg (52 KB, 400x400)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
What is your favorite MSV?
>>
>>22589550
Providence Zaku is rad.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.14 MB, 1833x1029)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>22585778
Coordinator brains need lots of space.
>>
>>22589531
I thought Destroy Gundam used it as well as those other mobile armors.
>>
>>22589562
This is cool. But what's the power source? Is it still a battery?
>>
>>22586737
I thought Rahxephon was meant to be more of a spiritual successor to Raideen despite the Eva comparisons. Kind of funny how all three shows ended up together in Super Robot Wars MX and their plots were blended together.
>>
>>22590019
It's both, and a bit original as well.
>>
>>22590011
Destroy appears to have both every possible defense system and none of them or at least they don't always seem to work when they should.
>>
>>22590015
It's designed with the same enhanced nuclear reactor with deuterion beam system that the IJ, SF, Destiny, and Legend have.
>>
>>22586737
>The show is just competently written

I love Fafner, but Dead Aggressor has crap pacing and the franchise as a whole coasts on "it's alien rock magic I ain't gotta explain shit."
>>
File: Reideen_the_Superior.jpg (1.56 MB, 1200x1577)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>22590019
>>22590030
In the director's own words, RahXephon is to Evangelion what Raideen was to Combattler-V
>YUTAKA IZUBUCHI: So I thought I could work with Raideen as a response to Con-V of Anno-chan…
>HIDEAKI ANNO: Raideen, you’ve already done that.
>I: Chousha is different, That’s not my Raideen! (laugh)
>A: I see. But wasn’t it possible to do Raideen within RahXephon?
>I: The set-up of Raideen, in view of today’s reality it seemed no longer plausible to have ‘the devil’ as the enemy.
>A: That’s an “old fart” way of thinking! If you’d done it when you were younger, you wouldn’t have hesitated.
https://gwern.net/doc/anime/eva/2003-rahxephoncomplete-anno-izubuchi
https://gwern.net/doc/anime/eva/2003-oshii-izubuchi
>>
>>22588894

Doesn't the Freedom novel mention that Cagalli was using "superliminal communications" to remote control the Infinite Justice? Not to mention "quantum" communications have been a thing in the setting to explain stuff like Dragoons.

The movie also has an interesting detail when I watched it where it mentions that the Nuclear Jammers got reactivated in the wake of the nuclear bombing that happened in the movie.
>>
File: The Kiss Strict-G.jpg (487 KB, 1000x522)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>
>>22590448
Why would you even disable neutron jammers? Bare minimum neutron jammers are a small check on random nations being able to spam nukes like candy...since Neutron Jammer Cancellers seem to be expensive to develop. Not every random country can make them.

And if a random country does get a NJC, then at least they have to be strategic on how they use it. Even if they have 50 nukes, they only have 1 or 2 NJCs so it limits what they can do.
>>
File: 116540310_p0.jpg (1.28 MB, 2019x1898)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Good boy.
>>
>>22590448
>Neutron Jammers got reactivated
I wonder how that works besides "keeping whatever N-Jammers they have managed to dig out just in case"

>>22591006
>Why would you even disable neutron jammers?
The major reason is to enable the use of nuclear power again since NJC's effective radius is stupidly small.
>>
>>22591105
Wouldn't it be wiser to make an NJC and attach it to a nuclear power plant? Then reactivate the nuclear power plant to provide power to needy people. Not disable every NJ around the world.
>>
>>22591006
>>22591107
>Why would you even disable neutron jammers?
Because they fuck up with long-range communications.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050416002445/http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/ce/background/glossary_technology.html#njammer
>The N-Jammer also has the side effect of disrupting radio waves, thus rendering radar and conventional communications useless, and for this reason space warships are equipped with these devices as an electronic countermeasure.
You make a nuke-proof wall at the expense of your economy, and no nation is ever a true autarky.

>>22591105
>I wonder how that works besides "keeping whatever N-Jammers they have managed to dig out just in case"
It's possible they're only talking about the N-Jammers in orbit around PLANT, not the ones buried on Earth.
>>
>>22591107
>Wouldn't it be wiser to make an NJC and attach it to a nuclear power plant?
That's basically what happened after the first Bloody Valentine War because the post-war effort of trying to dig out all the N-Jammers buried deep underground was deemed very difficult and I'm not sure if they actually gave up on that.
>>
>>22591109
Sorry but I would sacrifice long range communication if it meant having protection against nukes.
>>
>>22591113
I think that's part of the reason why COMPASS exists and has ZAFT's direct support: keeping security in check while the world rebuilds itself. And a major part of rebuilding means having operational radio comms.

>if it meant having protection against nukes
That assumes that whomever wants to blast a nuke on a PLANT (with a missile or some terrorist with a backpack) wouldn't be aware that you need an NJC to have even a slightest chance of working out successfully.
Also, ZAFT has the Neutron Stampeder as a last-resort defense.
>>
>>22591134
>Neutron Stampeder
I wonder if they actually built more since it was an one-off and an one-use weapon (Durandal talked about it probably won't work next time since the element of surprise was gone). That and I think almost everyone knows about NJC at this point.
>>
>>22591146
NJC's are public technology at this point as almost every major nation has the data in some form. They don't make huge use of them because they're supposedly expensive to make and nuclear powered mobile suits are difficult to pilot and almost certainly beyond the average scrub EA pilot's capabilities
>>
I'm honestly surprised ZAFT doesn't have automated defenses around the colonies. Not even any automated satellites protecting ZAFT. They rely entirely on MS and Ships.

Even UC Gundam had satellites protecting military bases in space.
>>
>>22591623
No wonder they're suits keep getting stolen.
>>
>>22591597
>They don't make huge use of them because they're supposedly expensive to make and nuclear powered mobile suits are difficult to pilot and almost certainly beyond the average scrub EA pilot's capabilities
Astray nonsense aside, the EA didn't even develop mobile suits with nuclear powerplants (Destroy is still "unknown"). Their force is entirely made out of grunts, save for black ops like Phantom Pain and their GAT-X customs.
>>
>>
gundam sneed
>>
File: 1778348127680151641.jpg (227 KB, 2109x1983)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Cagalli's wet naked body
>>
>>22592243
Pero pero tomboy butthole
>>
https://zeonic-republic.net/translation/seedfreedom_volume02.pdf
>>
>>22592243
That's not naked enough. I want more. Show me her pussy holes and her butthole.
>>
>>22592243
Somewhere in the background, Shura is screaming from Athrun imagining this.
>>
>>22591597
>they're supposedly expensive to make
Not so expensive that each nuke fired didn't have one.
>>
>>22591667
Destroy's size makes me suspect it uses a type of Fusion Reactor
>>
>>22577768
This is a HATE thread.
>>
>>22588367
>>22588724
>>22588888
>What is the content of the Treaty of Junius? Of course, countries that have not ratified the treaty do not have to abide by it. It's a bit of a vacuum since it was already broken in Destiny and there are no penalties.
Oh wow its almost exactly like I argued that peace treaties can and will be broken sometimes even by the interim government and even the proceeding government.
Only to be called a /pol/tard for pointing it out. Where are you /pol/tard anon? people here are discussing politics. Tell them to fuck off you brain dead shit.
>>
>>22588346
>>Q2. Why was Athrun able to use the Strike Freedom, which was essentially Kira's personal weapon? Fukuda: It was simply because Athrun was amazing (audience laughs). Kira may have been a special coordinator, but he was no match for Athrun

Fukuda can't find science logic to explain and choose meme words
So Athrun is the Gary Stu all along,atleast Kira has explanation being ultimate coordinator even then he can only do nerd stuff and piloting, but Athrun can do everything, chick magnet, basically Sasuke
>>
>>22592475
Athrun is being held back by Kira. Next time is gonna be his day in the sun. Him and his would-be harem (Cagalli, Meiryn and a miraculously resurrected Meer) will save the day with the ZGMF-X999 Poetic Justice.
>>
>>22592475
>Kira may have been a special coordinator, but he was no match for Athrun
Reminder that Kira is always defeated or wrecked by skilled professional solidiers, and combat tactician. May be he should enter military academy.
>>
>>22592560
I believe part of the reason is because a lot of Kira's wins is due to him having a stronger mobile suit than his opponents.
>>
>>22592496
Lol. I imagined Athrun having an ending a la Alto: You both are my wings!
In Athrun's case would be "You both (Cagalli and Meyrin) are my Justice. And Meer my Z'Gok".
That would be nice.
>>
>>22591006

The use of Neutron Jammers is what sent many Earth Alliance nations into energy crises, and NJ's mess with long range communications too. Turning off NJ's allows the EA to finally rebuild and make international diplomacy run smoother.
>>
>>22592779
I was under the impression that Neutron Jammers were not remote controlled. That they operated automatically.
>>
>>
What if SEED had a High School spinoff like Cross Ange did.
>>
>>22592627
I actually forgot, how many enemies did he shoot down when he took Strike into space to defend the Eternal?
>>
>>22592850
Shinn the bullied kid that shoots up the school...
>>
File: Kira jumping rope.png (665 KB, 649x835)
665 KB
665 KB PNG
>>
>>22592853
In Remaster, At least 7 on screen.
>>
>>22592910
18 Kills
3 GINNS
8 Bacues
1 Lagowe
2 Helicopters
2 Ghoons
1 Zno
1 Blitz
>>
>>22592627
I think Destiny's Kira can still fight at least 4-5 ZAFT red suits in equal performance mobile suits at once exploiting his own high reflection, but if the number of enemies is higher than that, he'll lose
>>
>>
>>22592799
>>22592779
As I said before, I think they mean only the N-Jammers in orbit around PLANT in L4. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to sign an agreement authorizing the use of NJCs for civilian powerplants if ZAFT could just turn them all off.
>>
File: Flay_allster.png (288 KB, 1200x900)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
Does she ever love Kira?

Even one bit?
>>
>>22593213
No, she just left with nobody to cling over
>>
>>22593364
When Kira was supposedly dead doesn't she try to get Sai to take her back, but he refuses?
>>
This may be a dumb question, but... If there is interference in communications, do the phones work? And between PLANT and Earth? I know Mayu had a phone, but I'm asking if they work at long range.
>>
File: Freedom frames.jpg (664 KB, 1280x2880)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>
File: Seed Freedom frames 2.jpg (564 KB, 1280x2880)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>
>>22593406
You're misremembering. She literally threatened to kill Dearka.
>>
>>22592842
Did Yzak ever get punished for war crimes and killing Civilians? This is so weird that Gundam Seed tries to make him a hero.
>>
>>22593441
>bottom panel
>Wackymodder84 screaming that Seed beam sabers don't clash
Lmao
>>
>>22593583
>screaming that Seed beam sabers don't clash
That seems like a petty thing to complain about.
>>
>>22593575
He and Dearka basically got off thanks to Durandal (both would've probably been executed otherwise), still not as dumb as Durandal letting Shinn and Rey completely off the hook for beating up the Minerva crew, stealing Stella AND returning her to the enemy.

https://youtu.be/eTQOuMdVouY?t=926
>>
>>22593575
He got a trial, but Durandal had him pardoned.
>>
>>22593575
>Did Yzak ever get punished for war crimes and killing Civilians?
Yes, he was. His fate after the war changes depending on the version, but the bottom line is that he and Dearka were put on trial after the war (shooting at the shuttle and defection, respectively), but Durandal's personal intervention reinstated them both back into ZAFT service.
>>
>>22593213
I would say so.
>>
File: 1692721503247.png (295 KB, 600x1000)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
OK I just watched Destiny Gundam for the first time in preparation for the Seed movie. I saw Seed years ago but never saw Destiny.

So anyway.....

You've gotta be KIDDING me with this Neo BS. All you telling me that they just FORGAVE Neo? Seriously? And not just forgave him, but reverted his character back to Mwu? What is this writing? Is this a joke? I thought he was gonna be a clone. But he's LITERALLY Mwu????? The same guy??? And he became the leader of a secret evil elite team. Helped kill...lots of people. Probably millions if we include him helping Destroy Gundam destroy half of Eastern Europe. Then he just gets shot down and for some reason and gets captured. Then he somehow magically gets his old memories back and becomes Mwu again and all is forgiven??? He doesn't even talk to Shinn again? And what was the deal with him and Rey?? What is this writing?? I can't accept this. Someone give me a damn good explanation.
>>
>>22593406
Yes, that was best Sai moment for me

>>22593559
Only after she saw what Millie did
>>
>>22593634
Neo was a mistake and everyone in universe pretends it never happened
Even those flashback scenes never mention anything about it again. Orb, Kira, Shin, Murrue, Athrun, nobody ever asks him about the extended, or Logos (he has a direct line to the blue cosmos leader) ever

Neo and Rey was a dropped plot point, but since Rey was another clone and mwu could sense clones (aka rau), it made sense that he could sense rey. Just that nothing ever happened from there
>>
File: mecha25.png (134 KB, 780x940)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>22593634
>>22593668
Funny how Mwu gets and keeps Akatsuki, Uzumi's final gift to Cagalli.
>>
>>22593674
Or using Akatsuki more effectively than Cagalli ever did with it.
>>
>>22593668
>Neo was a mistake and everyone in universe pretends it never happened
Honestly they should have just went full on with the Neo storyline and made him actually evil. Trying to undo made it and change him back to Mu made it so much worse. Half commitment.
>>
>>22593634
That's just how bad the Blue Cosmos was. They literally brainwashed him and erased his memories. Made him a new person. But as soon as he was captured, his memories started returning slowly, he realized something was up, and he never went back and joined the Orb/Klein forces... And then eventually got his full memories back.

The governments forgiving him is actually pretty realistic, especially since he is now working for them and is one of their aces.

I'd more interested to see if any of Neo's memories stay with Mu, and see if they affect him. I doubt they will do anything with that for the movie (going to see it May 7th)

But yes. Still shit writing. Seed Destiny was all about throwing shit at a board and seeing what stuck... And if fans didn't spend money on it, they brought back what was making money.
>>
>>22593634
>>22593668
>>22593674
>>22593681
>>22593691
I think they just wanted to bring Mu back just for the sake of it. My favorite part is when he recreated his death scene protecting the Archangel from another ship laser, except he's perfectly fine thanks to his special new Gundam, and then in Freedom had him block another laser.
>>
>>22593715
They really made his "making the impossible possible" line very literally.
>>
>>22593668
What would an inevitable Girl Rau be called? Roisin? (pronounced Ro-sheen)
>>
>>22593674
>>22593680
Feels like they were trying to make him another Quattro after Athrun failed.
>>
>>22593719
I'm not understanding this scene. Isn't the laser diameter massive? It's way bigger than Akatsuki.
>>
>>22593681
I had a buddy who was watching Destiny in Canada as it aired and I asked him what he thought about Neo and Rey's connection.

He predicted that Rey was another Flaga clone but he basically said that Neo was a clone too. And once the reveal happened of who Neo was, I bugged him about it again. He was so defeated about it was Mwu that it was visible on his face.

And honestly? Neo should've been another clone. This time, it could've been a successful clone too to further the parallels between Kira and Rau. It would've also averted Rey going down the same path as Rau come the endgame if Neo was the Rau equivalent.
>>
File: 115792447_p0.png (747 KB, 900x1050)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
You think they ever talk about her?
>>
>>22593715
Fukuda said it is because they think Seed won't get sequel
>>
File: 117981093_p0.jpg (1.74 MB, 1640x1859)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>
>>22593719
I like how the beam suddenly gets smaller when it hits Akatsuki for some reason.
>>
>>22593719
People really like Mu, huh?
>>
>>22593719
Who even invented reflective coating before beam lasers become commonplace? And why didn't they make more?
Heck if they could have one anti-beam MS stationed on Earth, they could have just reflected ever single requiem shot
>>
>>22593731
Its a fair assumption though.
I'm old enough to remember that everyone on the Internet thought that it can't be Mwu (and assumed it was a Mwu clone) since his broken helmet was in space. You can't survive that man... No idea if you canadians watched the OG version with the helmet or the retcon version
>>
>>22593594
Rey did it to help Shinn, and likely got himself and Shinn out of trouble on the basis that a pardon from Durandal would make Shinn more loyal.
>>
File: Mu helmet.png (781 KB, 865x580)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>22593754
I believe I saw the OG helmet version back when Seed was airing in my place during the 2000s
>>
>>22593731
And adding on the post-death scene was stupid
He blocked the Lohengrin in front of Archangel's bridge, so his body should be close to archangel at least (and the cockpit somewhat intact). Did they not have sensors or visual on his mobile suit and the cockpit? Its not like he 'died' very far away?

And they had the mobile suits to do so. At the very first scene on the last episode the buster was standing right in front of archangel, so no such excuse as Dereka could not just retrieve the cockpit
>>
>>22593681
>Half commitment
If I were to pin Destiny's issues to one thing, it would be this. Seed and Seed Freedom at least committed to their protagonists and antagonists.
>>
>>22593754
It should be the original TV version since the one without the helmet was in the Special Edition and the Canadian broadcast is practically free of censorship too.

>>22593760
The perceived incompetence of not trying to retrieve Strike's wreckage aside, wasn't Buster in a pretty sorry state and only Duel was somewhat combat worthy?
>>
File: Final episode Buster.png (763 KB, 870x612)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
>>22593762
Yeah, it was in a very shit condition after its brief battle with the Providence.
>>
>>22593762
>the Canadian broadcast is practically free of censorship too.
Not practically. It was. We had all the blood and guts completely uncut. The only real difference that we had with the JP airing, audio language aside, was the fact that we had a shorter opening ( https://youtu.be/jxkRe4hGMuY?si=AYwCp6jX2Ajcjmrw is the exact opening if I'm not mistaken) since YTV was obsessed with cutting down openings and endings for ad time since this was still early on in Bionix's lifetime.

They eventually got enough flak for it that most shows got their full openings played although endings were 50/50. I know Destiny got all of their openings played full but the Seed reruns kept the short opening instead of the lengthier ones. From what I remember too, it was only Invoke for the entire run so we never got Moment, Believe or even Realize.
>>
>>22593807
For the endings, I only remember Anna ni issho datta no ni and River playing. Can't remember if Find the Way was used during that time.
>>
>>22593807
We also never got Ignite
>>
>>22593807
>tfw turd worlder who only got Gundam Wing here
Canada was really based back then. I kinda wish I had watched the show like that - although, it was already easily available online in its original language by then, so it's just subjective sentimentality from my part.
>>
So why did they only put nuclear reactors in Duel, Buster, and the Meteors? Why not put them in newer mobile suits like Gaia Gundam or Akatsuki?
>>
File: Nagai and Fukuda.jpg (642 KB, 1944x2048)
642 KB
642 KB JPG
>>
>>22594278
>tfw turd worlder who only got Gundam Wing here
South America?
>>
>>22594291
Imagine the SEED haters if Grendizer U is a hit.
>>
>>22594296
They got Witch too.
>>
File: Shinn face.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>
>>22594296
>>22594321
Pretty sure spics have been getting more Gundam since Unicorn came out. I clearly remember a friend from there telling me about the Loni episode coming out in XBOX or such at the time. That anon probably doesn't use any of the official services (and good on him desu).
>>
>>22594278
>So why did they only put nuclear reactors in Duel, Buster, and the Meteors? Why not put them in newer mobile suits like Gaia Gundam or Akatsuki?
Well Duel and Buster suits were easily acquired since ZAFT discarded them during the events of Destiny. So no one would ask questions and Terminal likes to operate in the shadows. These suits may be old, but their frames are easily able to be modified as evidenced by Akatsuki and how easily Strike Gundam's frame was modified over the years.

As to why they were given nuclear reactors too? The databooks say that a single nuclear reactor was barely enough to run the original Meteors when connected to Freedom and Justice. However further tests showed that when Meteor was used at full power, the power demands were too much and overheated Freedom and Justice's single nuclear reactors causing a full shutdown of the suit. Even when testing with the upgraded Hyper Deuterion reactors in Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice it was not enough and caused the same issues. So Terminal eventually decided to just add a nuclear reactor into the Meteors themselves. Then add nuclear reactors into Duel and Buster. Each Meteor would have 2 nuclear reactors and power wouldn't be an issue anymore.

As to Akatsuki didn't have a nuclear reactor upgrade? No in universe reason was given, but Orb is essentially a Japan stand in. Japan dislikes nuclear energy because of their history. Orb runs on geothermal power and solar/wind energy. Plus batteries for their MS. I'm sure Akatsuki could be upgraded to a nuclear reactor but they probably won't do it.
>>
File: file.png (183 KB, 1703x999)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>22594349
>Japan dislikes nuclear energy because of their history.
Horseshit:
>Prior to the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, Japan had generated 30% of its electrical power from nuclear reactors and planned to increase that share to 40%.
>Other reactors are in the process of being reactivated, or are undergoing modifications aimed to improve resiliency against natural disasters; Japan's 2030 energy goals posit that at least 33 will be reactivated by a later date.
>In February 2023, a survey by Asahi Shimbun showed that 51% of participants in Japan favored the restart of nuclear plant operations, with 42% opposed.
>>
File: embed0071.jpg (162 KB, 1259x623)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>22594349
>>22594278
>Gaia Gundam
Heh, apart from Impulse (which is basically a Strike + RX-78), the Second Stage Gundams were so irrelevant and forgotten that Waltfeld went back to old BuCues. I would've liked to see a remade Saviour, though.
>>
>>22594393
If you read about Japan's history since 1945, there has always been strong anti-nuclear sentiment. Those nuclear reactors were built despite strong opposition because of the argument that Japan has no fossil fuel reserves to generate power, and they do not want to not rely on imports. And restarting those nuclear reactors since the 2011 incident faces fierce opposition. It only passed with just a very slim margin of support in the government. There is massive anti-nuclear sentiment among the general populace.

It's no coincidence the writers of Seed made Orb energy independent with Geothermal power. Japan itself has huge geothermal reserves and potential, but currently isn't tapping them. There has been growing sentiment for years that Japan should build much safer Geothermal plants instead of dangerous nuclear power.
>>
>>22594412
>And restarting those nuclear reactors since the 2011 incident faces fierce opposition
>There is massive anti-nuclear sentiment among the general populace.
More horseshit. This is from two months ago: https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/15171725
>>
File: 1692442218616.jpg (198 KB, 1104x719)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>22594419
You are misreading the data and you should refer to actual surveys. Not propaganda articles. Look at this survey.

>On March 17, the Japan Atomic Energy Relations Organization (JAERO) released the results of its latest nationwide public opinion survey on nuclear power

>Asked what Japan should do with nuclear power in the future, the respondents most frequently said that it should be discontinued gradually, at 49.4%
>followed by those who said they didn’t know, at 22.7%, for a total of 72.1 percent.
>Meanwhile, only 11.3% of the respondents were positive toward nuclear power

49.4% think nuclear power should be discontinued.

>The next question in the survey concerned people’s attitudes toward restarting nuclear power plants (NPPs) in Japan.
>50.3% felt that understanding and approval from the public has not been obtained.
>Only 26.6% approved of restarting the nuclear reactors.

The real number is only 26.6% approve of restarting the reactors.

>Asked about what kind of energy Japan should use in the future (multiple answers possible), the respondents most commonly mentioned solar power (75.5%), wind power (62.8%), hydropower (51.8%) and geothermal (40.0%)

Geothermal ranks pretty high.

>When asked what image they had of nuclear power, the respondents most commonly used such words as “dangerous” and “anxiety.”
>Both of those answers have held the top positions in the annual survey since even BEFORE the the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi NPPs, and the percentage of negative replies remains high in general.

The survey makes it pretty clear. Anti-nuclear power sentiment has remained high for years even before the disaster in 2011.
>>
>>22594419
>Asahi Shimbun
Into the trash in goes. They are nothing but a rag mouthpiece for the government. They've lost millions of readers since 2011 when they were caught repeating the same cover-up lies the government was pushing. Don't trust them.
>>
>>22594408
>the Second Stage Gundams were so irrelevant and forgotten that Waltfeld went back to old BuCues.
That kind of makes me sad since Gaia should be the BOSS of all BuCues

>I would've liked to see a remade Saviour, though.
This suit above all others deserved a 2nd chance to shine. Mwu should have used it instead of a Murasame
>>
>>22594450
>You are misreading the data and you should refer to actual surveys. Not propaganda articles. Look at this survey.
>The real number is only 26.6% approve of restarting the reactors.
>Anti-nuclear power sentiment has remained high for years even before the disaster in 2011.
Why would a poll conducted by a national newspaper be less valid than one put together by some random NGO?

>Geothermal ranks pretty high.
What a joke. The largest geothermal power plant operational in Japan (Hatchobaru) generates 112 MW. Conversely, the smallest nuclear power plant (Ikata) is 900 MW. I've been hearing about the wonders of geothermal generation for as long as the promise of hydrogen, which is also a pipe dream.
Japan's economy requires an average of 918 Terawatt-hour of electricity. After they decomissioned a bunch of nuclear reactors in the wake of Fukushima, did they build geothermal generators to replace them? Or even wind? No, it was replaced with fucking fossil fuels: gas and coal, the latter being the most polluting and inefficient method around.

People can whine and moan about emotional hypotheticals like "anxiety" and "danger", but nobody likes blackouts and rationing.
>>
>>22592993
Lacus my beloved
>>
>>22594572
Are you Orphee or Kira?
>>
>>22594572
What do you (or anyone else, really) see in her, I will never understand. Not even her design is attractive.
>>
She may always miss, but I'll give her points for at least trying.
>>
File: GLaRLbaaoAAIBO_.jpg (281 KB, 1200x675)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Name this team.
>>
What do you think about Kira's personality in the movie? I'm seeing a lot of complaints on twitter.
Since the event the other day there have also been more insults against the staff for saying that Athrun is better than Kira.
Has he changed that much in the movie?
>>
>>22594587
The Sue Squadron
>>
File: Kira Shinn Athrun.webm (3.78 MB, 480x852)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB WEBM
>>22594591
He definitely acts more like his OG Seed self
>>
>>22594600
How is Shinn a Sue?
>>
>>22594601
That's what I thought from what I've seen. I'm fine with him having personality again and not being like he was in Destiny.
Take out the comments in this thread: https://twitter.com/gundam_info/status/1781262754973913212

Fukuda has had to turn off replies on his twitter because of so many insults. They seem to be upset that Kira isn't so special anymore and that there could be stories without him as the main character.
>>
>>22594591
He was overconfident in GSD before losing to Shinn.
>>
File: Kirito_SAO.png (963 KB, 1920x1080)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
>>22594611
>>22594612
>>22594600
>>22594591
>They seem to be upset that Kira isn't so special anymore and that there could be stories without him as the main character.
Audiences like Mary Sue-type protagonists that have no conflict, no personality and just beat the bad guys with zero effort.
Both Kira and Kirito have the "raised by their uncles under a new surname (Hibiki/Narusaka) after parents died when he was young".
>>
>>22594637
>Audiences like Mary Sue-type protagonists that have no conflict, no personality and just beat the bad guys with zero effort.
Feels like a very shallow reason to like something.
>>
File: lo.jpg (164 KB, 767x348)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>22594637
Kirito, and Kira are freed from gary stu curse this time.
>>
>>22594637
Yeah, lots of people love the self-insert power fantasy protagonists. I think remember this show got flack for killing the self-insert boy in the first episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU28LoI09ms[
>>
>>22594644
Friend of mine told me about that bait-and-switch thing. It's yuri.
>>
>>22594591
>>22594637
>Cagalli's fans are angry because their character doesn't appear on screen.
>Kira's fans are angry because he is no longer the most special and Athrun is a better fighter.
>Athrun's fans are angry because their favorite character is horny.
Shinn and Lunamaria are ok I guess.

Now he has to make Lacus' fans angry.
>>
>>22594419
The Japanese have very mixed feelings about nuclear power. They are the only country to ever which influenced 2 generations of people.
Both the survivors of WW2 and post-war generation of artists like Tomino who are anti-nuclear. Japan builds those nuclear reactors reluctantly.
>>
>>22594649
Shinn seems better off than he was in Destiny.
>>
>>22594649
>>22594707
Shinn and Lunamaria seemed to have swapped personalities.
>>
File: GLWNBDnWEAER4na.jpg (287 KB, 2048x1102)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>22594702
>Japan builds those nuclear reactors reluctantly.
"Woe of our prosperous, industrialized nation that is forced to rely on a clean and efficient method of producing electricity!"
Greenpeace twats have poisoned the debate for decades now.
>>
>>22594720
Lunamaria became Destiny Shinn-tier mad?
>>
>>22594741
She's become rather joyless. I liked her better when she used to tease her sister and laugh
>>
>>22594747
Her sister is no longer by her side. Now she has to behave like an adult because Shinn is like a child.
>>
>>22594747
I thought you were talking about her being an Athrun fangirl in Destiny while Shinn is a Kira fanboy in Freedom.
>>22594752
He is younger than her. Though, only by a year.
>>
>>22594752
>Now she has to behave like an adult because Shinn is like a child.
She is still joyless
>>
>>22594755
She is just serious all the time now. Seems like she is a different person.
>>
>>22594738
The problem with nuclear disasters is one mistake destroys the entire environment for thousands of years. For example, All the nuclear bomb tests in Nevada contaminated billions of gallons of underground fresh water. The groundwater is now undrinkable and unusable for thousands of years.
>>
>>22594813
How do you feel about Shinn not being angry all the time anymore?
>>
>>22594823
That's fine but they overcorrecred a little too hard in the movie and made Shinn too happy and too childlike. He's not 10 years old. He should still have some edge to him. Shinn should be a more relaxed version of himself in Destiny.
>>
Is there a benefit to having a physical blade vs a beam saber?
>>
>>22594349
>As to Akatsuki didn't have a nuclear reactor upgrade? No in universe reason was given, but Orb is essentially a Japan stand in. Japan dislikes nuclear energy because of their history. Orb runs on geothermal power and solar/wind energy. Plus batteries for their MS. I'm sure Akatsuki could be upgraded to a nuclear reactor but they probably won't do it.

Destiny implies the more output an MS has the harder it is to pilot with nuclear ones being the most difficult of all. Given Akatsuki is a suit for Natural pilots giving it a reactor might make it too much for even Mu to use. That would also be probably why EA never seems to have any interest in nuclear powered MS for their regular forces. It's probably beyond most of their pilots.
>>
So I keep wondering maybe Morosawa was right that Meyrin is alternative love interest for Athrun, because are Athrun and Cagalli actually possible without Cagalli stepping down from Orb leadership role so early in original Seed setting by Morosawa? Because I think that is the only posibble way for them to be together by Fukuda as forced as it sounds, so it is like they could be together but Fukuda forced a way by making her retire at young age, no wonder Morosowa didn't write about them because nothing to write, no solution without separate them that will resulted in more hate for her. But Fukuda now can change anything to please everyone or to upset them

>>22594896
Not everything can be pierce by beam? Physical blade is sharp object can pierce almost everything but needs more force too
>>
>>22594919
It's perfectly fine for a head of state to marry and have a family and still do their job. Presidents and Prime Ministers do it all the time, as did royalty in the past. The idea that Cagalli must be shackled to Orb 100 percent of the time 24-7 is ridiculous. If Uzumi had the spare time to raise an adopted daughter Cagalli can find a little time for Athrun and still do her job.
>>
>>22594919
Did Meyrin and Athrun have any interactions before she decides to help him escape the Minerva? I don't even remember if they had any interactions after that fact. Otherwise, it would end up feeling forced.
>>
>>22594896
That depends on if Akatsuki is vulnerable to beam sabers, or if it just took damage from Destiny's boomerang because it hit the arm joint. You'd think it's the former but then it just glides right through Messiah's beam shield in the finale without a scratch, which should work with beam sabers too if that's how good it is.
>>
File: file.png (150 KB, 1212x906)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>22594919
>>22594928
>The idea that Cagalli must be shackled to Orb 100 percent of the time 24-7 is ridiculous.
Trying to make sense of the Cosmic Era's ceaseless absurdity is a fool's errand.
>>
>>22594928
Athrun is Coordinator and Plant defector, it is not about Cagalli being allowed to marry or not but what will look like Neutral country like Orb siding with Coordinator just like Yuna said, and the so many times CE people still doesn't accept Half Coordinator around them, despite Neural I believe there are still so many rasist in Orb iirc Shin has no friend except his sister, so often it will cause conflict, if Sahaku and Erica Simmons hide themself being Coordinator so Cagalli and Athrun need to get special treatment because she is leader or main character? If there is solution that can not cause conflict why choose conflict, except Fukuda also throw the setting out of window and decide to just please everyone
>>
>>22594935
During Meer concert, Athrun helps Meyrin, Meyrin like his secret admirer actually she knows he is out of her league so doesn't actually tries to get him
>>
>>22594947
Bikini-schizo, why don't you fuck off this board and learn some actual English instead of your sea monkey pidgin?
>>
>>22594955
>Actual discussion
>bikini schizo
>>
>>22594955
If you don't like discussion you are the one should fuck off
>>
>>22594956
The shitty monkey-ass grammar gives you away.
>>
Hate thread? In this day and age?
>>
>>22594958
Grammar have nothing to do if you don't want to discuss just fuck off
>>
Do >>22594919 sound like hating for you?
>>
>>22594963
>>22594957
>>22594956
Oooh, quite defensive, aren't we?
It's difficult to have a "discussion" when people who read your nonsense have to work extra hard to decipher your simian babbling, especially after bikinischizo ruined a bunch of threads.
Learn the language or fuck off to >>>/int/, where you can squawk on your subhuman patois all day long.
>>
>>22594968
You are the one being so defensive everytime someone talk about Meyrin then accused him as bikini-schizo, are you Athrun and Cagalli shipper? Then let's discuss how do you think they can be together without Cagalli stepping down? You should remember the actual CE world full of racism created by Morosawa, or you just fine with everything as long as your ship is sailing?
>>
>>22594637
>Kira is canonically a trap who gets mistaken for a girl constantly in real life.
>Girlfriend is a yandere who has a GPS and heartbeat monitor planted onto him.
Is this true?
>>
>>22594947
Shinn's family lived as open Coordinators for years in Orb without issue. The only person who ever claimed Cagalli not getting with a Natural would be a problem is Yuna, who was trying to manipulate her and is a member of Logos so his opinion in the one conversation that comes up is not exactly trustworthy.
>>
>>22594412
>Japan itself has huge geothermal reserves and potential, but currently isn't tapping them.
That is sad. Geothermal has so many advantages and so many countries in the world WISH they can do geothermal but environment or geography says no. This is like sitting on piles of unused gold bars when other people are broke.
>>
What's Dearka and Mira's status? Was it ever explained why they broke up.
>>
File: 1688949181813.png (1.7 MB, 1920x1080)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>22594974
>everytime someone talk about Meyrin
>or you just fine with everything as long as your ship is sailing?
What? You think I give a rat's ass about any of those characters? Shipping is for dumb cunts, and the days of LiveJournal are over.
What I care is your lousy command of the English language.

>Then let's discuss how do you think they can be together without Cagalli stepping down?
Done already. See >>22594945. And even if you had that dipshit Yuna manipulating Cagalli into marrying him, the point remains that Orb is portrayed over and over as this tolerant land of peace and harmony where Naturals and Coordinators can live together.
The thing about Athrun's defection is moot anyway not only because his reputation as a pilot precedes him (remember Luna fawning over Athrun early on Destiny), but also Dearka is still around as a ZAFT officer. He could go back to PLANT and even become a pilot if he wished so.
>>
>>22594984
Never explained in detail, mostly a "Oh, I dumped that chump" gag.
>>
>>22594980
But Shinn has no friend and that is an issue, Erica Simmons is Coordinator but pretend being Natural that is an issue, Sahaku actually Coordinator but pretend to be Natural is also an issue, there is no example of Mix marriage that is just being accepted without an issue the half coordinators end up always hide themself being half are also an issue. Yuna is not bullshitting for example Plant and EA is at war, EA might attack Orb if they don't help an accuse them siding with Plant because their leader married Coordinator from Plant, and Blue Cosmos might also accused them as such and attack Orb too, if Cagalli retired she doesn't need to face all of that but what make me think it is forced because she would need to retired at age of 20s to 30s to build a family and that will be considered young and weird as someone who claimed she loves Orb so much, I don't blame the Character for gatekeeper out there but the writing
>>
>>22592853
https://youtu.be/reCDGQKeBjQ?si=rRjSWDgyZqqMK4Qq&t=1013
>>
>>22594987
>The thing about Athrun's defection is moot anyway
It is more on the orb side not the PLANT
>>
>>22594994
>But Shinn has no friend and that is an issue

The little we ever see of Shinn's time in Orb never shows that. He had a happy life there and enjoyed living there until EA attacked them.
>>
>>22594994
>Yuna is not bullshitting for example Plant and EA is at war, EA might attack Orb if they don't help an accuse them siding with Plant because their leader married Coordinator from Plant, and Blue Cosmos might also accused them as such and attack Orb too

Yuna already works for Blue Cosmos, he's got bias there. And EA will attack anyone for any BS reason so it really didn't matter what Cagalli did if Djbril decided he wanted Orb to burn. He attacked his own cities. Post Destiny EA and BC are completely neutered and no longer a threat to Orb. A small Compass squad routed them in both appearances in the film and destroyed most of the remains of their arsenal. That's no longer a problem if it ever was.
>>
>>22595001
>>22595001
It was in magazine or such in Orb it saod Shinn has no friend except his sister that is why he loves his sister so much
>>
>>22594983
>That is sad. Geothermal has so many advantages and so many countries in the world WISH they can do geothermal but environment or geography says no. This is like sitting on piles of unused gold bars when other people are broke.

The biggest issue stopping it are environmentalists and the tourism industry. Japan has a huge natural hot spring industry and culture. The owners of these businesses are afraid Geothermal plants will.affwct nearby hot springs. And environmentalists are afraid of the effect it will have on the local environment.
>>
>>22595003
No you leave that setting around that was from Destiny, according to novel Blue Cosmos is still around and what kind of EA could be in the future, the movie or novel have not suggest they are in full peace now, and that how about racism. Or you suggest they are the strongest people in the world so they can do whatever they want, no it does not how it works.
>>
>>22594412
>>22594983
>>22595006
I hate to break this to you, but nobody cares about geothermal.
>>
File: GL0WFwxbAAATxD4.jpg (569 KB, 1864x2610)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>
>>22595017
>no it does not how it works.
Man, you really mangled up this one, you illiterate jungle ape.
>>
>>22595017
>Or you suggest they are the strongest people in the world so they can do whatever they want, no it does not how it works.
Except that is exactly how it works. The story portrays exactly that, repeatedly. Entire Earth Alliance fleets are wiped out in seconds over and over, but Kira and his gundam squad can single-handedly save the day.
>>
>>22595024
You don't need to learn English so fluently to live, English is like my 5th language that I don't actually like to speak or even need to use in my daily life, so sorry teacher
>>
>>22595020
Your chart is way too broad and vague. In countries like Iceland and the Philippines, Geothermal energy plays a huge role.

The reason Geothermal isn't as widely used is due to geology. Some countries have more access to underground and Volcanic energy compared to other countries. So for a place like North America, they would have drill down much deeper to harness the energy compared to a place like Iceland. So it costs more and requires long term planning and more construction time.
>>
>>22595026
>You don't need to learn English so fluently to live
No, but you need it to post here.

>English is like my 5th language
Really? So what are the other four? Let me take a guess:
>orangutan
>gorilla
>chimpanzee
>neanderthal
>>
>>22595025
Then the born of dictator Cagalli
>>
>>22595031
>No, but you need it to post here.
Who said that
>>
>>22595035
Global website rules.
>>
>>22595029
>Your chart is way too broad and vague
Elaborate. It's supposed to be worldwide renewable output, and there's nothing vague about it.

>So for a place like North America, they would have drill down much deeper to harness the energy compared to a place like Iceland.
In that case, it's a niche application for small-scale needs and if solar and wind power are impractical due to geography. And even Iceland makes 70% of its power with hydro.
The point is that, outside specific cases like those, you will never get a substantial share of a power grid running on geothermal, even in places with easy access to sources like Japan, Canada, Chile or Hawaii. In Japan's case, it's obvious that geothermal doesn't produce enough electricity to be worth the effort and investment, no matter how much it is shilled as a "renewable". It's fine for a tiny, isolated grid like Iceland or Leyte, but a big industrial power would be left wanting.

>So for a place like North America, they would have drill down much deeper to harness the energy compared to a place like Iceland.
More horseshit. The largest geothermal plant in the world is in the US. Canada has enormous reserves, but none of them are used for electricity, only grid heating.
>>
>>22595056
Diff anon here. Technically any country within the Pacific ocean Ring of Fire could make use of easy Geothermal Energy. So much untapped volcano power in that area
>>
>>22595086
>could
That word is doing a lot of lifting there. If that is indeed the case (and it is, from a technical and geological perspective), why hasn't it had wider adoption against solar and wind even in those countries? There are some exceptions like New Zealand and El Salvador, but those are minuscule grids compared to, say, Mexico.
While I'm not an engineer, the simplest answer is that geothermal is not economically feasible as an "investment/watts" ratio compared to other sources.
>>
>>22595020
>>22595056
>>22595092
I think you need to realize that most major energy projects are not economically viable, and require the government to step in and MAKE it a priority. The government almost always is the one making the initially investment of money. Most private entities are not the ones paying for major energy projects by themselves. It's almost always the government footing the bill for these public works projects. What gets built is up to the government and subject to the craziness of politics and election cycles.
>>
File: 1710983201540[1].png (155 KB, 1712x1186)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>22595020
>but nobody cares about geothermal.
We live in a world where I fear for the development of nuclear fusion because oil companies would send even more assassins or manipulate politicians to sabotage them even harder.
>>
File: Diapositiva3.jpg (80 KB, 960x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>22595123
16 gigawatts? That's cute. Wind is 900.
Not even Mexico, one of the leaders in that chart, makes more than 1% of its power with geothermal. Solar is 5% and wind is 6%.
>>
File: vre.0.0.jpg (936 KB, 1000x688)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>22595122
>>22595123
You still haven't answered, either deliberately or by accident, a very simple question that I've been proposing throughout.
If geothermal is such a good choice for renewable electricity generation where available, then why everyone prefers to install solar and wind instead if they have a choice? Why is it mostly confined to small-scale systems like the island chains of Indonesia or the Philippines, where national grids are not viable? What's the excuse? Answer that.
>>
>>22595137
Politics.
>>
File: GL1Hv74acAAXGbm.jpg (1.97 MB, 3024x4032)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>
>>22595158
No, it's because solar and wind are cheaper and more efficient in comparison. And no, you can't blame that on Chinese dumping. The downsides of geothermal are still there.
>geothermal still involves spinning a turbine at high speed, which requires maintenance and consumables like lubricants
>drilling has the same side effects as oil fracking
>you need to do something about the heat
>>
>>22595025
It does not work that way
>>
>>22589531
>>22590011
>>22590046
>>22591667
Nope. Destroy Gundam has Trans-phase shift armor. There are scenes of it completely tanking physical missiles and cannon shells without the beam shield activated. They hit Destroy and the armor is completely fine.
>>
>>22594591
SEED Freedom effectively killed Kira as a character and made him into a joke.
>>
>>22595190
???
>>
>>22595191
I'm serious
>Made him a crybaby again and increase his obsession with Lacus 10x, making it his only character trait
>Gets bullied by everyone throughout the film
>Athrun can now pilot his suits and do it better too
>Basically leaves the series at the end and will never return
It's character assassination, plain and simple.

SEED Freedom is a bad fanfiction and I will treat it as such.
CE ended with Destiny.
>>
>>22595195
Hmm. Nah.
>>
>>22595164
>No, it's because
If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.
>>
>>22595195
I can actually agree that Athrun can now piloting SF just because he is amazing is bullshit that would seal the deal for me too, but I'm ok not having Kira as main character if there is sequel, he will likely steal the spotlight again like they can make Seed without Kira

I feel like the only way to make other characters shine together is by sacrificing Kira, because if Kira shines all others character have no chance
>>
As to why there is not wider global adoption of geothermal power, the closest to a single answer will be that it's not economically feasible in many places because of the background geology. Some of the geological considerations for what makes an area good or bad for geothermal power generation have been touched on in recent threads (e.g., this one), but in short, in order for a geothermal power plant to be economically viable, there needs to be the expectation that the cost of building the plant can be recouped (plus a profit) by selling electricity over a reasonable lifetime of the plant. The cost of building a plant is intricately linked to how deep you have to drill to get to sufficiently hot rocks/fluids to generate power. Where these hot rocks are close to the surface, like in volcanically active areas like Iceland, plants are economically viable. In cold interior of continents, like the middle of North America, where you would need to drill much deeper to reach the same temperature, plants are not as economically viable. Thus, importantly, the idea that "it's basically free" does not consider that there are real, sometimes substantial, costs associated with accessing the hot rocks and fluids necessary to generate geothermal power.
>>
>>22595137
In siberia they are turning abandoned mines into geothermal powerplants that can run a small town.
Oh wait that eliminates the GDP of the oil executives, oil well workers, transportation workers, and Achmed at the Gas station.
>>
>>22595122
The big problem with geothermal is that it causes earthquakes.
https://news.stanford.edu/2019/05/23/lessons-south-korea-solving-geothermals-earthquake-problem/
but aside from that you are right, geothermal has a lot of energy potential. Too bad few will invest compared to all the investment elsewhere.
>>
>>22595195
>Inb4 Freedom Heist has Laucus die to mirror Chiaki
>>
>>22595249
Freedom Heist is prequel and why would he wants to kill her wife and Bandai waifu
>>
>>22595267
Because it would make sense for SEED's events to eventually mirror some of Fukuda's own most important life moments
>>
>>22595273
That would make sense for happy moments but nobody wants to have sad memories being repeated, instead I think he will project to retrive his unachieved moments with his wife
>>
This make Kira, and Shinn more similar to each other even more. it's Athrun, Mwu, and accord who're monster.
>>
>>22595195
>>22595215
After so many years, Fukuda wanted to make a fanservice and fun movie. Neither he wanted to continue expanding the universe, except for the prequel ovas, nor did he think anyone would want to do it with these characters. The result is that there are a lot of inconsistencies that now when you ask him why he has no explanation.

Anyway, what makes the Strike Freedom special so that only Kira can pilot it? Athrun can pilot it because he is a trained pilot.
>>
>>22595333
>Anyway, what makes the Strike Freedom special so that only Kira can pilot it? Athrun can pilot it because he is a trained pilot.

It's not even a funnel thing, he was going to be given Legend if he hadn't gotten out of dodge and returned to the Archangel in Destiny
>>
File: FsynOavaIAAVkG4.jpg (74 KB, 500x375)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
I believe George Glen's true plan is to create a new spacefaring race, aka half-coordinator people, with the ability of accord, and high spatial awareness(newtype). He intends for them all to eventually leave Earth. However, in order to achieve this, all dissidents must be removed. Thus, the Destiny Plan was created as a subversion. which In the end, only those with good genes won't be forced to be castrated, as a seemingly the most humane method to end the natural race.
>>
>>22595333
>>22595351
Could it be that it was designed and programmed for his way of fighting? that doesn't mean it's impossible for others to pilot it, they just have to adapt.
>>
>>22595416
I wonder what Glenn would've thought of Zeon Zum Deikun, Char, the Zabis, etc.
Likewise, I wonder how PLANT/ZAFT and Zeon would have interacted. I've always thought they'd be bitter enemies.
>>
Wait...did people seriously think that no one else can pilot Strike Freedom? REALLY? Strike Freedom is a custom suit that's tuned to Kira's specifications. It's a highly customized suit. But that doesn't mean no one else can pilot it. Look at Shinn piloting Immortal Justice which is based on Athrun's data. Or how Mwu can pilot Akatsuki despite it being tuned to Cagalli's data. And even if Strike Freedom was hard to pilot, the one person, besides Kira, I would expect to be able to do it would be Athrun.
>>
>>22595224
The key phrase here "economically viable". All these power projects' economics are determined by how much the government is willing to invest or subsidize the project. If every politician in the Japanese government suddenly decided tomorrow that Geothermal was now a major national priority, then the economics would change and it would become economically viable. They would pass bills and investment programs to make Geothermal cheap and build the power plants. Similar to how America decided to invest in the Space program and go to the moon. One day it was a dream, and then the next day after the announcement suddenly the government is investing billions to make it happen.

Clearly that's what happened in Gundam Seed. ORB decided to make it a major priority. The government majorly invested in building their Geothermal plants. Orb didn't want nuclear power plants either. Their choice was smart because ZAFT hit earth withe nuclear jammers and shut down all nuclear power. 1 to 2 billion died due to loss of power and starvation. But Orb was fine.
>>
File: 1713839958133200.png (121 KB, 603x902)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
As I was insisting the other day to some people, the novel confirms the world is in even worse shape than before:
>Blue Cosmos insurgents are at it again, strengthened in the aftermath of Aura and the Accord's attack
>Eurasia is further collapsing onto itself, now that its capital was obliterated
>PLANT is full of supremacist sympathizers butthurt over the coup's failed outcome
>>
>>22595662
>Kira and Lacus hearts worn thin by battles they never sought
>in danger of losing their feelings for eachother.

Wow. I didn't realize having a normal day job would ruin Kira's relationship with Lacus. Lmao this author.

Maybe Kira should get her pregnant so she can be a stay at home wife and raise a family. That way divorce won't be possible.

What are they going to do for money?
>>
>>22595662
So we're just back to square one, huh?
>>
>>22595662
>Cagalli and Athrun have a relationship even though Cagalli is busy a lot at her Orb job, and Athrun busy being James Bond.
>Kira and Lacus can't.
Something is really wrong here.
>>
>>22588146
>>22588299
>>22595249
>>22595267

The Freedom hijack is not the story we need. But I won't say no to it if Fukuda is demanding to make this Freedom hijack his final Seed anime.

Maybe another Director can take over SEED when Fukuda is done, and give us a proper anime sequel that does proper world building to clean up Fukuda's messy storytelling.
>>
>>22595662
>scheduling time for eachother is hard
First world problems right here
>>
>>22595351
I don't think Legend was ever really built for Athrun. It was built for Rey. Either it was given as a last minute sub in because Athrun got Savior destroyed, or Durandal just wanted an excuse to meet with him to see if Athrun was still going to be loyal after he just killed his buddy (and made it clear he wasn't) and never intended to really give it to him.
>>
>>22595743
The only reason I care about Freedom Hijacking is if it really is showing Shinn's change in Freedom.
>>
>>22595662
That's still not really any worse than it's been in before. Blue Cosmos is a laughing stock now, and if Michael was the best they could get before hand the potential leader after him is really gonna be a joke. They now have 0 Destroys.
>>
>>22595755
Then what would have happened with Athrun really did side with Durandal? What was the Chairman going to do? Build another Destiny Gundam for Athrun? Give Impulse to Athrun? Give Destiny Impulse to Athrun?
>>
>>22595771
They will just steal all that Foundation technology that has leaked out. Then make a Destroy Gundam with Femtech armor and tons of Dragoons.
>>
>>22595789
They don't have extended anymore.
>>
File: Staufen-cracks2.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>22595200
You didn't even make a fucking argument. Just saying "geothermal is the best and it's being put down because of 'politics'" is dumb without an understanding of the underlying physical considerations.
Soil displacement is literally cracking the town of Staufen in Germany, and the last thing Japan needs is more unforeseen geological events.

>>22595225
>In siberia they are turning abandoned mines into geothermal powerplants that can run a small town.
Then why I can't find a single article talking about it?

>>22595224
>in order for a geothermal power plant to be economically viable, there needs to be the expectation that the cost of building the plant can be recouped (plus a profit) by selling electricity over a reasonable lifetime of the plant
And that is precisely the reason why solar wins in the end against geothermal, even in places with poor irradiation like Germany.
If geothermal made sense in scale, then it would've been installed already in places with the easiest access to the resource. But that's not the case, and we've only have seen comparatively small projects, mostly in island territories.
>>
>>22595720
Cagalli and Athrun have a long-distance relationship because Cagalli is very busy and he's a coordinator.
Kira and Lacus can't.

Shinn and Lunamaria can be together. But they may not be able to have children.
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 749x182)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>22595662
Anon, why did you steal my post? (>>22594905)
>>
>>22595802
I want people here to see your post
>>
>>22595803
Then link to it. Do the job yourself. Put some other screencap.
>>
>>22595797
That's not what happened.

He was discussing Orb, how they use Geothermal power, and how Fukuda uses Orb as a stand in for Japan.

Then you jumped in and got triggered at Geothermal power being mentioned.

Then started ranting about real life politics and nuclear power.

NO ONE in this entire thread said Geothermal was the best energy source evar. Only that it was best for Orb.

From what I can tell reading all these posts, it's simply mentioned as having untapped potential for Japan.

You seem very triggered and need to go for a walk around the block.

Calm. Down.
>>
>>22595771
Oh, it is way worse than before, since COMPASS isn't around anymore to keep the insurgents in check. The big powers like PLANT and the Atlantic Federation don't trust each other anymore, especially with the former having a coup.

>Blue Cosmos is a laughing stock now, and if Michael was the best they could get before hand the potential leader after him is really gonna be a joke.
Eith the Accords' attack on the world, then Blue Cosmos' rhetoric is vindicated in the eyes of the world. Who says they will not be further strengthened with powerful leadership, now that Eurasia is in full collapse now?

>They now have 0 Destroys.
How do you know that for certain?
>>
>>22595808
No. This is an anonymous board. Not a forum. If you want "credit" then make a username trip code. And Linking is dumb. Old threads will fall off the board and those links will be dead.
>>
>>22595816
Yeah seriously. Dude started raging at the idea of Japanese not loving nuclear power. I don't blame the Japanese. They got nuked twice and their nuke reactors had an accident like 10 years ago. The radiation messed up one of their cities.
>>
>>22595771
All Blue Cosmos needs is time to regroup and rebuild.
>>
We will come back to projectile weapon again.
>>
>>22595833
Do they even have a leader or is it all just remnants?
>>
>>22595833
They don't have military industrial complex to back them anymore.
>>
>>22595816
>it's simply mentioned as having untapped potential for Japan.
The problem with "potential" is that hypotheticals have to meet with reality at some point. And the basic economics leave geothermal wanting.

If the numbers are correct, geothermal seems to have a cap of some 150 MW per generating unit/station, regardless of location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geothermal_power_stations
The largest geothermal power plant in Japan outputs 112 MW, with two units of 55 MW each. Compare that to a single coal-fired unit under construction today near Yokosuka: 650MW. And they are building two of those. When the pipe dream of geothermal can compete with imported coal, let me know.
>>
>>22595848
>>22595856
>anymore
Did you forget the fact that a bunch of 'Super Coordinators' destroyed a major city? If anything, anti-Coordinator sentiment (Blue Cosmos or otherwise) should now be stronger than before.
>>
File: C_73EPpUIAEyWQd.jpg (26 KB, 450x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>tfw Cruset was always right
>>
File: 1313212394997.jpg (111 KB, 930x597)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>22595622
I think people were just taking the whole "Strike Freedom being so powerful that only Kira could pilot it" bit too literally when that probably meant Strike Freedom was built from the ground up for Kira's fighting style, I wouldn't doubt that Athrun could just have his own custom settings for the OS and Kira switches it back after the rescue op.
>>
>>22595622
>>22595903
And even that is incorrect since this happens.
>>
>>22595818
>Oh, it is way worse than before, since COMPASS isn't around anymore to keep the insurgents in check.

COMPASS is stronger than ever now that Shinn has Destiny back. Even if Kira and Lacus remain MIA they've still got plenty of forces left.
>>
File: b8Mu3inK.jpg (59 KB, 680x383)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (348 KB, 1212x906)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>22596107
You're missing the point.
COMPASS only existed because Orb, PLANT and one of Earth's powers agreed to put together an international peacekeeping force. The two latter are no longer in speaking terms (and PLANT has a bunch of Accord sympathizers, making the issue complex internally) and Orb can't go at it alone because of their "neutrality" policy.
>>
>>22596109
I didn't like this at all. Felt too over the top and top much like a super robot show.
>>
File: Shura and Athrun.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>
>>22596141
Eh, if it's good enough for SDF Macross and Battlestar Galactica, it's good enough for me.
Destiny and its afterimage bullshit, however...
>>
>>22595692
>a normal day job
Maybe for Lacus but not so normal for Kira, he can't go home for a month his working hour sometimes almost 24/7

>>22595692
>What are they going to do for money?
Lacus is rich I think, but Kira is still a General of Orb he could work from home as engineer too and he should have his patent fees
>>
>>22596164
>Destiny and its afterimage bullshit
https://files.catbox.moe/hg8yqq.mp4
>>
not know where i'll arrive at...
todoku to shinjite ima omoi wo hashira seruyo...
>>
>>22595903
I don't even think you need to factor custom settings into it, if I remember right in the actual scene one of the Knights quickly picks that it's Athrun in SF instead of Kira because it fights differently
>>
>>22596168
>Maybe for Lacus but not so normal for Kira, he can't go home for a month his working hour sometimes almost 24/7
Kira is a freaking GENERAL in Compass, and outranks everyone on that ship. They take orders from him. He doesn't even need to fight on the front lines, let alone fight Destroy Gundams 1v1. The other pilots even tell Kira that they can fight on the front lines too and not to take too much of the burden himself. Kira could probably just be an engineer and let other pilots do the battle work. Maybe only stepping in to help out occasionally.
>>
>>22596314
>Kira is a freaking GENERAL in Compass, and outranks everyone on that ship. They take orders from him. He doesn't even need to fight on the front lines, let alone fight Destroy Gundams 1v1.
Backwards. He's a general exclusively because of his solo fighting skills on Freedom, not the other way around.
>>
>>22596317
Unless you're crazy, Generals don't fight on the front lines.
>>
>>22596320
>Generals don't fight on the front lines.
Kira does, so take that as you wish.
>>
>>22596321
Do you not remember the whole speech Kisaka gave to Cagalli? During Season 1, he basically called her retarded for wanting to go to the front lines and fight when Orb was being invaded. He said a leader's place was not there. Kira is her brother and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
>>
File: 1708904742304.jpg (176 KB, 1660x934)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>22596336
>Do you not remember the whole speech Kisaka gave to Cagalli?
>Kira is her brother and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Anon, Kira fights in the frontlines regardless of his rank. That is a fact. What are you even arguing? That he has any sort of competent leadership know-how, despite all evidence to the contrary?
Kira's flag rank is a decoration; a fancy acknowledgement of his piloting skills, not in any way related to command role or even capability. On analysis, it's obvious that Cagalli just pushed him eight ranks up (from Ensign) when she got control of Orb again.
>>
>>22596317
>>22596320
That's why Kira has a mental breakdown in the movie. All that unnecessary stress he took on by himself.
>>
>>22596365
No, Kira has a breakdown because Lacus was kidnapped and he thought that was replaced by Orphee. That's what he was whining about when Athrun cleaned his clock.
>>
>>22596366
It was a combination of all things
>>
Is this what Kira sees?
>>
>>22596439
Lmao. Lacus is not that big. Not even close.
>>
File: file.png (502 KB, 1864x904)
502 KB
502 KB PNG
>>22596435
Nah, it was Kira despairing over wanting to fulfill Lacus' wish for a peaceful world (thus, winning her love) in the only way he could: shooting at things.
>>
File: GL5f3ZoaIAA1D_Q.jpg (267 KB, 1200x1200)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/BANDAIFN/status/1782967910694281499
>>
File: Seed Freedom Buster.jpg (303 KB, 1480x832)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>
>>22596489
So hilarious that Kira called Athrun and Shinn both weak. Both of them shot down Kira so wtf is he talking about.
>>
>>22596489
Pretty that page and a few others confirm that Kira is overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work he's taking on just to prove Durandal was wrong about the Destiny plan
>>
Does anyone notice that Fukuda NEVER likes doing wide shots of battlefields?

He never shows the audience how big the attacking fleet really is.

It's always medium shots and close ups.
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (131 KB, 640x480)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>22596560
Kira is obsessed about the Destiny Plan because, apart from his futile efforts to prove both Rau and Durandal wrong, he wants to accomplish Lacus' wish of a peaceful world. His solo efforts on the battlefield are a means to an end, Lacus' happiness:
>I'm not good enough! (...) I can't give Lacus anything she wants. Forget peace. I can't even make her smile! I can't make her happy! That's why she betrayed me!
>Lacus... I just want her to be there, smiling beside me... I don't know what to do anymore...!
>Lacus... wanted the world to be at peace...

>"Saying she can't be happy or it's no good unless you do this or that."Athrun shrugged in exasperation. "The Lacus I know wouldn't have said that."
>"But she didn't expect someone to just hand her 'peace' on a silver platter, right?" Murrue's words were a gentle admonishment.
>Athrun added, "Didn't she want a partner to walk with her toward that goal? Step by step, even if small ones?"
>>
File: Dominion with fleet.png (1.28 MB, 1444x715)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>22596562
There are some wide shots here and there, but he always needs to put something "important" front and center.
>>
File: Seed Pilot.jpg (254 KB, 1430x1340)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
So what do we think of the movie's pilot suits
>>
>>22596682
They're basically just stylized versions of the Destiny ones. Not too bad I guess.
>>
>>22596320
>>22596336

Kira's one of the top pilots in the setting. Of course he should be fighting on the front lines. It would arguably be irresponsible of him not to since they'd take more losses if he wasn't out beam spamming everything.
>>
>>22596360
Kira's rank is like Graham and the Innovades "Licenses" from 00. A way to keep other people from giving him orders and allowing him to make solo operations rather than for him to lead. In Destiny's case too it might have been so that Kira would have full backing from Orb on what calls to make against Durandal, so Durandal couldn't accuse him of being a random rogue element again.
>>
>>22596734
>It would arguably be irresponsible of him not to since they'd take more losses if he wasn't out beam spamming everything.
See >>22595662
>>
>>22595818
>Who says they will not be further strengthened with powerful leadership, now that Eurasia is in full collapse now?

Fukuda will if he doesn't want it to be so.
>>
>>22596734
A direct part of the story is that Kira is overburdening himself, he literally has people like Shinn alongside him offering and capable of sharing the load but he's insisting on being the front line fighter who can solo entire forces to a fault.
>>
>>22596749
>but he's insisting on being the front line fighter who can solo entire forces to a fault.
Because, again, he's doing it for Lacus: >>22596581
>>
>>22596755
You are missing the point. Doing something for Lacus doesn't remove the stress of everything else he's doing. The stress all adds up. Kira doesn't fully trust anyone else to help him.
>>
>>22596790
The bottom line for him (and this argument) is that he takes on all of those tasks personally for the task of making Lacus happy. If his princess wants world peace, he will deliver it to her. The mission, and politics, and teamwork are secondary to his goal.
You could make an argument that he's only making things worse by putting out fires instead of preventing things from happening in the first place, but that's a different discussion.
>>
>>22594349

The theory would fit nicely if not for the Force Impulse Spec II using the METEOR at the end of the movie.
>>
>>22596533
Kira defeated both of them though (and in Athrun's case multiple times).
>>
File: Seed TM Revolution.jpg (310 KB, 2048x1536)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>
>>22596807
No. Again. You are missing the point.

We aren't talking about why Kira does all these responsibilities.

We are talking about the effects of stress of all these responsibilities.

An analogy is a parent that works a tough job because they love their child.

But that doesn't mean the job they do is any less stressful or the stress doesn't add up.
>>
>>22596829
>The theory would fit nicely if not for the Force Impulse Spec II using the METEOR at the end of the movie.
It's not a theory. Meteors can run off one nuclear reactor. Just not at full power constantly. It will overheat.
>>
>>22596317
>He's a general exclusively because of his solo fighting skills on Freedom, not the other way around.
It doesn't matter how he became General. He's a General now and has authority. There is no such thing as a "Fighter Pilot only General" . We have Generals and Admirals in the military who were once pilots. Now they wield great authority that comes with the rank.
>>
Kira is actual General he gets paper works to do too
>>
The problem with Compass is that it had no end goal. It's just a police force. There is always going to be conflict so the battle will never end. Kira was foolish for not realizing that
>>
Sorry but I don't like the new ship. It's too long and pointy and looks weird.

Bring back the Archangel. Or upgrade it.
>>
>>22597304
Didn't Durandal say that and Kira's response was "I'll just stop it like I always does."?
>>
I don't understand Destroy Gundam. Kira tried to slice Destroy Gundam with a beam saber, but the beam saber just bounced off and Kira was forced backwards. Yet Legend used a beam saber to break the same beam shield. I don't get this at all.
>>
Let me be honest after just watching Gundam SEED: I give flak to the kissing scenes for bringing out cheesy one-liners before the characters kiss, even if they make sense in an alternate context. Heard Cross Ange is even cheesier than that.
>>
https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1783330090362830943
Hoshi video.
>>
File: Content Schedule.jpg (836 KB, 1500x1875)
836 KB
836 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/animefestasia/status/1782743220817920350
>>
File: IMG_1465.jpg (25 KB, 640x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>22596439
No, this is what Kira sees.
>>
>>22596489
Novel is dumb and not canon. No way Kira would call Athrun and Shinn weak. Athrun defeated Kira before and almost killed him. Shinn destroyed Freedom and Ko'd Kira in the cockpit. Kira would have died if he wasn't rescued in time.
>>
>>22598504
Er, you know that's straight from the movie right?
>>
>>22598504
Kira is having a mental breakdown so maybe that explains it
>>
File: 1590033148448.jpg (1.35 MB, 1800x1778)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Seed a d Destiny are high tier mecha anime classics worthy of this rec chart.
>>
>>22594947
The only group that had an issue with Coordinators was Yunno's group but they are all either dead or in prison.
>>
>>22595170
Not that anon but it does also don't forget that in Destiny, Blue Cosmos and EA was already losing influence with the people. In Orb especially the people were ready to arrest Yuuna. So their way of thinking was already on its way out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.