[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Constance_SarahJMaas.jpg (441 KB, 1400x788)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
woman conquered fantasy
what genre is next?
>>
Once they figure out a way to add romance to philosophy I either an hero or turn trans
>>
>>23328044
What are these books even about?
I saw my wife reading the first one, didn't bother to ask
>>
>>23328107
Harlequin romance with a fantasy coat of paint on it. Imagine if ASoIaF was only Dany chapters.
>>
File: IMG_7540.png (526 KB, 1252x1800)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>23328044
Women fantasy writers tend to write their male protagonists as stoic individuals with firm beliefs. This appeals to many a young men and young holes in an age oversaturated by game of thrones style characters that are all unlikable and mean-spirited.
>>
>>23328044
>woman conquered fantasy
You actually believe this op?
>>
File: pepe the frog.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>23328044
>a court of cock and cum
>a court of shit and piss
>a court of feed and seed
>>
My wife has read about 6 of this woman's novels
At least she's reading, I suppose
>>
>>23328054
I'm surprised there aren't any femoid philosophy books about le dating and complaining about men
>>
>>23328147
i mean she didn't conquer it as much as find it abandoned and squat there, but it's undeniable that she's the biggest fantasy writer at the moment.
>>
>>23328458
Ngl this gives me the ick
>>
>>23328044
The genre is called your mom
>>
>>23328044
Women conquered Literature. Men collectively decided to stop reading now all books are written by and for women.
>>
>>23328132
Do reddit meshi fans have a humiliation fetish or are they genuinely deluded into thinking their favourite banal JRPG ripoff qualifies as literature?
>>
>>23328423
it's called feminism
>>
>>23328044
They didn't conquer it. They moved in after it was tamed and settled, then they ruined it. Tale as old as time
>>
>>23328132
>Women fantasy writers tend to write their male protagonists as stoic individuals with firm beliefs.
And that don't mind that the girl mc have fucked several men before.
>>
File: Diana_Wynne_Jones.jpg (13 KB, 198x295)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>23328458
>she's the biggest fantasy writer
I prefer Diana
>>
>men welcome women into hobby
>women immediately push men out, make it all about women, and start giving each other awards
Many such cases.
>>
>>23328684
What’s the male equivalent (academically of course, not lay writers)?
>>
>>23329107
Looks like an old teacher of mine
>>
No ones tired of titles like these yet? “A _____ of ______” it’s not played out yet? No way I’m the only person who reads this shit rolls their eyes and passes on it because it’s more stupid lowbrow fantasy
>>
>>23328502
I think it’s a chicken and egg problem. Did men stop reading and women took over literature, or did literature start catering exclusively to women and men stopped reading? I think it’s both
>>
>>23329400
Academically I don't think any equivalent exists. The social movement equivalent, though, would be the red pill. They both center around cooming
>>
>>23328044
hard science fiction
>>
I sell so many of these box sets at my work. Like almost everyday. At least they fit neatly in the totes
t. amazon wageslave
>>
>>23329449
Men are far more likely to pirate something and not pay for it.
Bookshops, like 90% of retail, cater to women's tastes.

Think about how many ads you see in your life, are they targeted to men or women? Go look at women's spending vs men and it won't be a surprise to see industry after industry attempt to cater to them

Publishers aren't immune to this. Especially after 50 shades got big. Have you actually tried to read it? It's not even edited correctly. Literally full of grammar and comprehension errors. Sold by the truck load
>>
>>23328423
ever heard of the SCUM Manifesto
>>
>>23329430
I avoid seeing the title because the instant I see an "instagrammable" font or colour scheme I know the book is dogshit so I don't even check what it's called
>>
>>23329553
already have
>>
>>23329430
it's genre fiction, there's no such thing as "played out." it's supposed to look/sound like the other things in its category so that the buyer knows they're getting the same thing as last time, that's the point.
>>
>>23329504
Good thing I’m working on it then. It’s really too bad colleges discriminate against red pill/black pill stuff. Another reason to raze them to the ground.
>>
>>23328054
you'd do both eventually
>>
>>23328458
Gorge Ramen Ricky Martin is objectively more popular than she is. More fans, more books sold, IP more profitable and more famous. Far more of a household name than Sarah J. Maas. She even stole the "A ___ of ___ and ___" title gimmick from the name of the series he wrote.
>>23328132
>infantile hainanese cartoons
>literature
stop it, you're embarassing yourself
>>
File: maas.png (51 KB, 920x709)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>23332343
>Gorge Ramen Ricky Martin is objectively more popular than she is. More fans, more books sold, IP more profitable and more famous.
i wrote "at the moment," for a reason, anon. martin sold more books total because he's been active much longer, but his last major release was 13 years ago, and there might never be another.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.