[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714032396496356.jpg (425 KB, 1565x2048)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
Does the Quran just resonate with people better? Christianity is dying while Islam grows. Does this settle which holy text is does it's job better?
>>
How's it bait? One grows, one fades
>>
>>23323217
Quran is just the top of the pyramid for the old and new testament. The Bible is incomplete
>>
File: EL ORBE CATÓLICO B.png (2.45 MB, 1090x1500)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
THERE ARE ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED MILLION CHRISTIANS WORLD WIDE; THE TWO THOUSAND MILLION ISLAMISTS ARE FRACTURED IN MULTIPLE SECTS.
>>
>>23323217
Christianity is the West, Islam is the Middle East. The West dies, the Middle East remains the same as it always has. Hence members of a dying culture turn to alternatives, but no one seriously believes Islam will replace Christianity in the West except by mass immigration. There's no mass conversion of Europeans.
>>
File: gWngb7g.jpg (143 KB, 1284x1322)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>23323239
Christians has multiple sects too
>>
>>23323241

HERETICS, AND SCHISMATICS, ARE NOT CHRISTIAN; THEY ARE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH: HOW COULD THEY BE CHRISTIAN?
>>
>>2332321
Christianity is literally the fastest growing religion in the world, especially in Asia and Africa. Even countries like Iran and China are gaining Christians at an astonishing rate. Christians are also keeping up with the increasing population in the US since they have more children than non-religious people. Literally the only place where Christianity is "dying" and being usurped by Islam is Europe.

>Christianity is growing, and is expected to keep pace with global population growth. According to a 2023 report from the Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, the Christian population will be over 2.6 billion worldwide by the middle of 2023, and around 3.3 billion by 2050. This growth is largely due to high birth rates and conversions in the Global South. Christians have a Total Fertility Rate (TFR) of 2.7 children per woman, which is slightly higher than the world's overall population of 2.5
>>
>>23323243
>>23323239
Why full caps?
>>
File: Dürer_-_Das_Abendmahl.jpg (2.11 MB, 1471x2000)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>23323217
Most Westerners are effectively illiterate, preferring TV or Netflix to any book, much less religious ones. A surprising number of Muslims, moreover, are literally illiterate. Westerner conversion to Islam indicates only total ignorance and weakness of mind and identity, a circumstance made possible by the cultural vacuum of late-stage Liberalism's full nihilist final form. As some sort of boast for a Muslim, it's a very silly one.
>>
>>23323217
The Quran is an unreadable mess of a book. It’s so poorly written I genuinely believe that posters on /lit/ who praise it are just larping. It’s junk. Chloroform in print. Wrist-slittingly boring. It’s just a mess.
The Bible resonates even with unbelievers. If even a violently hostile passion is a measure of attachment, then who can doubt that Hegel, Marx, Freud, Nietzsche, Twain, Hemingway, McCarthy were deeply bound to Christianity? Indeed, the greatest and most radical creators of modern atheism have ironically proved to be the most seminal influence upon twenty-first century Christian thinking.
Islam only grows in places Islamic culture touches. Right now, those places are expanding due to immigration and welfare laws. Turn those spigots off, and Islam’s “growth” shrinks to nothing. Third worlders will continue shitting out kids until the foreign aid spigot is also turned off, and then nothing after that.
Christianity can and does grow even in places that don’t have some historical connection to Christianity or mass immigration movement. Movements within East Asia, even weird cults like the Unification church, show that Christianity on its own, its scripture and teachings, hold a sense of vitality to it. This is also why young people in the west are more Christian than their parents.
Nobody besides third worlders wants to spend their life ass up inhaling curry farts from the camel fucker in front of them as they pray in the ugliest language known to man. Arabic sounds like someone choking on mouthwash, and the Quran only sounds worse when translated.
>>
>>23323248
He's a brown teenager.
>>
File: thorvaldsen-church.jpg (188 KB, 800x1067)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>23323241
>anon discovers REAL protestant churches
>>
>nigger religion is growing as nigger population is growing too
color me shocked, subhumans subhumaning
>>
>>23323299
Whites are leaving Christianity behind
>>
>>23323286
>>23323299
>>23323300

>CoLoRS!
>>
File: 8c1qz7p5ldza1.jpg (242 KB, 1170x1871)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>23323288
Which strip mall is that in?
>>
>>23323217
>catholics shilling for islam and blofeld's magic vaccine

The Pharisees were right
>>
>>23323434
Based schizo
>>
>>23323241
Do americans really?
>>
>>23323567
Do we really worship God instead of worshipping idols and aesthetics? Yes. Yes, we do.
>>
>>23323593
No, you are simply respecting God.
>>
>>23323217
Dying according to whom? What is this meme? Are you guys just afraid of non-white people?
>2.38 billion Christians in 2021
>2.56 billion Christians in 2022
>2.6 billion Christians in 2023
>>
>>23323239
>one thousand three hundred million
there are three hundred billion christians?
>>
>>23323299
Anytime you cry about blacks, you're just putting a big sign on your shirt that you're a pussy. Some black dude screwed with you when you were younger and you wussed out. I am sure some variation of this happened to every one of you /pol/tards. Because any man who resolves his problems right away doesn't carry it with him for years like a baby. He solved it long ago.
Even more sad is you guys grow up and adopt philosophies and stupid shit from books that you think will finally make you stronger, but you're still dorks for doing this too. You should have learned this shit when you were 13. Not reading Nietzsche.
>>
>>23323217
no, it's more connected to the fact that Arabs are mindless hordes of submissive dogs that are spreading like parasites across white nations - while whites are attached to abstract concepts like egalitarianism that prevent us from defending ourselves against our own extinction.
>>
>>23323781
>Are you guys just afraid of non-white people?
I just don't count them as "people". If you have a neighborhood with 100 whites and 10 blacks, you have 100 neighbors and 10 troublemakers that need to be separated.
>>
>>23323815
>Some black dude screwed with you when you were younger and you wussed out
This is translated into non-retard as "I have met four black people in my all-white upbringing, and two of them were kind of ok"

Even if I had never seen one in my entire life, all I need to see is statistics, and I know they are not people.
>>
>>23323884
They're not all troublemakers. Especially if they're in a neighborhood of people like you who worry about shit like this. They're probably trying to get away from things themselves.
>>
>>23323593
>>23323754
>>23323241
It's true. Protestant worship strip malls
>>
>>23323781
>>23323247
Looks like whites are getting replaced at least. There'll be less war when we're all coffee colored
>>
Christianity is way too strictly spiritual for the average person. the standard Christ sets is EXTREMELY high

Islam has a lot more room for people to pretend to be spiritual while allowing for all manor wordy indulgences like literally promising men an afterlife harem orgy. the Muslim Paradise is depicted mostly pretty similar to a Muslim’s earthly life, but on steroids. While on earth you’ll get to engage in polygamy, you get to wage war and commit atrocities to enrich yourself, have sex with your female captives of war etc..

there are much much fewer ethical restrictions compared to Christianity. islam is basically a faux spirituality where you get to be a "pious degenerate" so it is much much easier to get people on board with it. even as a devout christian, some of the sacrifices christ asks his followers to make are extremely challenging to face
>>
>>23323241

One way we know the early church wasn't catholic is because they would never worship in catacombs. Would-be Catholics in the first century would be posting pictures of Roman temples in order to mock the Christian catacombs. Its all aesthetics with them.
>>
>>23324138
>There'll be less war when we're all coffee colored

there would also be less war if all humans were dead, which is what you're ultimately advocating
>>
>>23323804
Are you a retard?
>>
>>23323241
>Cathoholicsm
>>
>>23325627
>three hundred million
3*10^8
>one thousand
10^3
>one thousand three hundred millions
3*10^8 * 10^ 3 = 3*10^11 = 300,000,000,000 = three hundred billion

you're the retard, retard
>>
>>23323217
This is bait. Islam is not growing, it's getting eviscerated by liberalism. Muslims in Western countries are completely whitewashed, they identify more as being Arabs than Muslims, hence the hostility towards Pakistanis. The Qur'an resonates with no one who has read it and possesses a slightly above average IQ. Unfortunately for the Muslim world, inbreeding is rampant and it has made them unintellectual brutes, so Islam survives. The Bible is beautiful, the Qur'an is the work of a rambling schizo who blatantly contradicts himself at multiple points because of "abrogation". Utter meme religion.
>>
>>23323217
Islam is not a serious religion
>>
>>23325665
One thousand three hundred million is 1300 000 000. That's 1.3 billion.
>>
>>23326531
nigger what the fuck? explain who you got that by writing it out in powers of 10.
>>
>>23326531
1.3 billion is thirteen hundred million

a thousand million is a billion, 1.3 thousand million is a 1.3 billion.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (90 KB, 720x406)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>23323217
Islams only grows thanks to violence and useful idiots
>>
>>23327218
Yeah, I fucked that bit up. Still, that other anon is wrong.
>>
>>23323217
islam is growing because muslims continue to have many children thats it thats the only reason
>>
>>23327273
I'm the same guy nigga, I'm desperately waiting for you to explain how one thousand three hundred millions is NOT three hundred billion
>>
File: 1685065582067544.jpg (2.25 MB, 2623x2623)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>23325554
It's true. Tradcaths and orthobros only really care about posturing online and looking based and cool. Calvin put it best.
> So, at the present day, not only the unlearned vulgar, but those who are most inflated with worldly wisdom, are universally and wonderfully captivated with the pomp of ceremonies. Hypocrites and silly women think it impossible to imagine any thing more beautiful or excellent. But those who examine more minutely, and judge with more accuracy, according to the rule of piety, respecting the real value of those numerous ceremonies, perceive, in the first place, that they are frivolous, because they have no utility; and in the next place, that they are delusive, because they deceive the eyes of the spectators with empty pomp. I speak of those ceremonies under which, the Roman doctors contend, are concealed great mysteries, but which, on examination, we find to be mere mockeries. And it is not to be wondered at, that the authors and advocates of them have fallen into such folly as to delude both themselves and others with contemptible absurdities; because they have taken their model in some things from the reveries of the heathen, and in others, without any judgment, have imitated the ancient rites of the Mosaic law, which were no more applicable to us than the sacrifices of animals and other similar ceremonies. Indeed, if there were no argument besides, yet no man in his senses would expect any thing good from such a heterogeneous compound. And the fact itself plainly demonstrates, that numerous ceremonies have no other use than to stupefy the people, instead of instructing them. So hypocrites attach great importance to those novel canons, which overturn discipline rather than preserve it; for on a more accurate investigation, they will be found a mere shadow of discipline, without any reality.
>>
>>23327285
1300 (one thousand three hundred) 000 000 (million). How retarded are you?
>>
>>23327293
jesus fucking christ you're a moron, there is no world in which thirteen hundred million equals one thousand three hundred million.

You're literally just slamming the digits together to get the result you want, there's no logic to it.

when I say "five fives" that means you have five sets of five things. That gives you 25 things. thus when I say a thousand million I have a thousand sets of a million things. That means you MULTIPLY a thousand times a million to get the total number. SO when I say a thousand three hundred million, I have a THOUSAND SETS OF THREE HUNDRED MILLION THINGS. YOU MULTIPLY THEM TO GET THREE HUNDRED BILLION
>>
>>23327299
Look, anon. 1300,000,000 is one billion three hundred million or one thousand three hundred million. A billion is one thousand times a million. 1300,000,000 is one thousand three hundred times a million.
>>
File: 172.jpg (231 KB, 1080x1350)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>/lit/ is pretending to be into Islam after dropping Catholicism and the Orthodox memery
>>
File: 1689673426652738.jpg (136 KB, 981x1200)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>23327359
kek, me. I went from posting orthodoxy threads to catho/lit/ threads, and now i'm posting in threads about islam. it unironically does seem like the truth, though. to take what >>23323217 says, it feels like the Qur'an is the 'top of the pyramid'.
>>
>>23327592
>>23323231, not >>23323217
>>
>Does it issing just resonate with people better? Its is dying while it issing grows. Does this settle which grammar does it is job better?
>>
>>23327592
She was NINE
>>
>>23323239
So are the Christians, Cum-Genius.
>>
>>23323288
Most protestants would hate this
>>
>>23327592
why are muslims such spineless bastards that they always pull the "bro i used to be X but then i saw islam and i just KNEW it HAD to be the truth" shit, it's fucking embarrassing. everyone knows you've been a mohammadean your entire life.
>>
>>23323217
koran is a pile of shit
stop spamming your fake ass islam shill
>>
>>23323217
The Quran is the Word of God, like the Vedas.
>>
>>23325554
Ever heard of the secret catacombs pact made by a group of mostly Latin American bishops during VaticanII to push for their vision of the church. Look it up it real. They actually went down there to sign it and discuss all mysteriously.
>>
>>23323217
>why does a newer less restrained religion have more appeal than an older more developed one?
Just give it another thousand years and Islam won't seem very hip and fresh.
>>
>>23323241
That's not because of protestantism is because it's Americans with no culture
>>
>>23323217
should read some deep christianity. hopefully you see how retarded denominations are and how its been watered down. islam is grows through ignorance, not through any value it holds.
>>
>>23323247
>>23323781
Lmao what is this cope?
>The Christian share of Nigeria's population is also now on the decline, due to a lower fertility rate relative to the Muslim population in the country.
Christians can't breed.
>>23325524
Yeah, just remember all these food restrictions, numerous daily prayers, fastings, charity shares, pilgrimages etc. etc. Christians have to do to be considered Christians. Oh, no, all a Christian has to do is to say "i believe in muh crist." Such spirituality!
>>
>>23330998
worshiping mohammed is dumber than worshiping phil galfond, at least phil can play cards
>>
>>23323217
>Christianity is dying
In the west. In countries where it is persecuted, it often holds steady. However, Western Protestantism has become weak and theologically liberal. Western Protestantism has become more about preaching liberal politics than it is about proclaiming the gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

There are churches that have totally thrown out church tradition: the Bible is no longer inerrant, Jesus was literally God, Jesus didn't literally rise from the dead, the God of the Old Testament is a different god, we all go to Heaven, there is no Hell, Christian sexual ethics are just a suggestion, we all worship the same god, there is no God (google "atheist pastor Church of Canada").

These are all things of the world, and you don't need to go to Church to hear them or learn them. So why even go to church? Modern Western Protestantism has removed all mystery from Christianity. They reduce Jesus (if they believe in Him) to nothing more than on-demand forgiveness for degeneracy you don't actually need to stop doing. Islamic sects, on the other hand, demand strict conduct from its members. That's not to say there aren't theologically liberal Islamic sects out there, but they are less common.

And the thing is, it doesn't have to be this way. Western Protestantism only plummeted into this degeneracy in about the last 100 years or so, and even in the midst of all this, some denoms have kept a theologically conservative position, i.e. the LCMS. Often, the theologically conservative denominations, especially Lutherans, have more in common with Catholics, (and E.O.s in some cases) than they do with the rest of the protestant world.

The Bible is the superior text. There is no end to historical and theological errors in the Koran (e.g.: the Koran claims Mary is a member of the Trinity). But when churches choose to see it as optional, and abandon it and church tradition completely, it should be no surprise that their congregations decline.

t. Missouri Synod Lutheran.
We must pray for these churches, that they would return to tradition.

>>23323241
That prot church is probably Baptist or nondenom. There are many beautiful protestant churches out there from more traditional denoms.
>>
>>23332419
>There are churches that have totally thrown out church tradition: [...], Jesus was literally God
Jesus is literally God, though.
>>
>>23323271
t. The only guy who's actually tried to read the Quran

It's kind of a moot point because Christians don't read the Bible either, but if they did bother to read it - and were willing to skip over the deadly boring genealogies and other autism dumps - they would find it's breddy gud from a literary standpoint. (Same goes for most religious literature I've read, from Greek myths to the Hindoo texts, parts could use an editor but the stories are good and philosophy is intelligent). I've tried to read the Quran, and it is just awful.

And I don't think this reflects badly on Muslims, most of whom seem really pious and like honestly good people who Christians could learn from. I just can't understand how this relates to the tedious and simple minded (yet contradictory) holy book they hold in such esteem. I assume they don't read it, and just pray instead. Probably a good policy.
>>
>>23323217
Torah still going strong after 5000 years, baby.
>>
>>23333969
Lol, true.
>>
>>23323217
Islam isn’t immune to liberalism
>>
>>23323303
These Americans up there rent free cumgenius?
>>
>>23329025
Because that’s just their nature. It’s also ok to lie in the faith, too
>>
>>23333969
Incomplete document
>>
>>23333837
Oops. That was a mistake. I made a typo. Yes, Christ is Our Lord and Our King. True God, begotten, not made. I meant to type: "Jesus was NOT literally God." Thank you for pointing that out.
>>
>>23334363
>a typo started the Arian heresy
>>
>>23334417
>Arias was actually a staunch confessor of true theology and the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.
>>
Islam is not a serious religion
>>
>>23327289
>Tradcaths and orthobros only really care about posturing online and looking based and cool.

As Quesnel said:
>People want to be Christians too cheaply, and consequently they are not Christians at all. Salvation has to cost, it has to cost everything, at least as far as the disposition of the heart is concerned.
And, as Tronson said:
>Do we have all the hatred and all the aversion for the world which Our Lord requires, and which his example must inspire in us? Have we regarded it as the greatest enemy of Christianity, an enemy that can not abide that Jesus Christ reigns over the faithful, crying ceaselessly through the mouth of its fans, “We do not want this man to reign over us” (Saint Anthony). Have we raised ourselves up to that outlook opposed to the world, and have we tried to destroy the esteem and love for it in all hearts? Have we referred to it with indignation, distance and contempt; and have we made it clear that it is filled only with corruption, vanity and falsehood? Have we condemned the world's sentiments? Are we opposed to its maxims? And have we made all our efforts to abolish its laws and overturn its accursed customs? Have we despised what the world esteems and esteemed what it despises? Have we fled what it wants and wanted what it flees? Have we loved what it hates and hated what it loves? Have we had the colossal aversion to the world's public assemblies, to its spectacles and all its pomp Have we fled the company of worldly persons, whom the saints, especially the Ecclesiastics, advise us to avoid like the plague, whom one should see only by necessity, and from whom we should separate ourselves as vigilantly as we can? Have we wanted, in order to render our separation from the world as perfect as the sanctity of our state demands, that the world have aversion to us, as we have aversion to the world, following the example the apostle has given us, “The world is crucified to me, and I to the world”
You know the average tradcath and orthobro is just in it for the posturing. They're still as degenerate as they come.
>>
>>23323231
Do I need to read the Bible to understand the Quran
>>
>>23335356
Islam is growing while other religions fall because it's a more legitimate religion than Christianity/Buddhism
>>
>>23323288
If you say this is protestant you aren't protestant
>>
>>23327299
Genuine sperglord or tenacious masterbaiter.
>>
>>23323312
I'd live there
>>
>>23336592
Islam is growing because the watchers made it up as a joke
>>
>>23336666
>the watchers
>666 post number
Um guys
>>
>>23336779
i'm not saying they're evil but making up religions is morally wrong
>>
>>23336829
I'm not saying you're saying that
>>
File: 31528690214.jpg (264 KB, 1374x2000)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>23323217
>Does the Quran just resonate with people better? Christianity is dying while Islam grows.
well, it's orders of magnitude easier to market for the bottom 51% than for the top 49%
yes, you can look up "magnitude" in the dictionary
>>23323231
the Quran is a "hey they have power because they have writings! I can do this too!" with a basis in a hodgepodge of stolen sacred texts... at least according to anybody familiar with sacred texts from before that era

the true "muslim heroes" are the ones who managed to survive in those lands while having an IQ over 85
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.82 MB, 2509x1122)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
The most convincing holy book ever written is [Spoilers]The Iliad
>>
>>23332419
Politically conservative Protestant churches seem often as bad. Christianity isn't a way of life, something that changes you. It becomes just an identity. Ultimately, all its about is God wanting to torment all people for eternity, unless you say a magic thank you to Jesus. No metonia or development necessary after that. You don't even really need church, it's just for if you like praise music. It's largely just about having a political cultural identity. Don't forget to praise Trump. He's literally King Cyrus. Yup, Esther was written about Trump. Oh and he's a prophet and how many times he tapped Billy Graham's casket was actually a prophecy and high gas prices proved judgment is upon us. Make sure you buy the patriots Bible! Prosperity gospel all the way. Gluttony isn't a sin and neither is wrath!

T. Protestant living in rural Kentucky and have seen Q degeneracy do more damage to churches in a few years than I thought possible.

Been reading more of church history lately. I feel like our times call for another Evargrius or St. Benedict. The world has become too corrupt, small safe havens must be sustained for the new dark age. MacIntyre is absolutely right in After Virtue that moral language has lost all its meaning. Even in these "traditional" Southern Baptist churches I go to people really have begun to embrace post modernism and emotivism hard. They just do it for their own identity group.
>>
>>23337568
>Protestant living in rural Kentucky and have seen Q degeneracy do more damage to churches in a few years than I thought possible.
The churches you flyovercels go to have no connection to Christianity in the first place. They're all just retards who declare themselves pastors and trick low IQ folk like yourself into giving them money while they pay no taxes
>>
File: st-peterskyrkan.jpg (111 KB, 750x501)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I mean, this looks pretty, sure, but a lot of walking and you might get hungry. Have they considered putting a McDonalds booth and a Dunkies in here. What if you want a coffee and some donuts for the service?
>>
>>23323247
all protty ev*ngelicals btw
>>
>>23324119
Just like the early christians fr fr
>>
>>23337573
NTA but why are you so mad at flyovers?
>>
>>23323217
I can't wait for the desert trio to die
>>
>>23337575
That's an insult to the lord
>>
>>23337877
Christianity is dying soon, Islam will keep spreading and Judaism won't die they always find a way
>>
>>23333969
New Testament absolutely sticks the ending, the rare final episode that ties everything up in a satisfying and unexpected way, and zero filler (Revelation is weird and dubious, but it's not filler.)
>>
>>23338128
Christianity is true and endlessly unfolding, Islam is just repetitious and dumb. The only reason Christianity hasn't conquered completely centuries ago is that "Christians" are terrible.
>>
>>23338145
Christianity is dying because it's illegitimate like Islam or Judaism. The Bible isn't able to reach new generations unlike the Quran
>>
>>23336601
That faggot should have said thirteen hundred thousand to make it unambiguous.
>>
>>23338347
No idea what you guys are even seething about
>>
>>23337575
Looks ugly
>>
>>23323217
The Quran is the word of God so it speaks to peoples souls
>>
>>23337877
Need a sequel first
>>
>>23323217
Best edition of Quran?
>>
>>23336592
It's growing because Muslims have more kids. Muslims in the US all drink, the women wear tight leggings while feigning modesty with a hijab and the men become closeted homosexuals that think they're "alpha" because they mimic that grifter retard Andrew Tate
t. Lived in Dearborn for years
>>
>>23341289
No it's because their kids actually want to follow Islam unlike Christians. The Bible doesn't reach Christian kids but the Quran speaks to new generations
>>
Of the three Abrahamic religions, Judaism to me is the most appealing, followed by Islam and then Christianity. I have a fondness for Jews after studying the Torah in a college class.
>>
>>23341516
Why'd you study the Torah?
>>
File: 1709022297127425.jpg (68 KB, 720x897)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>23323231
The idiots who wrote the quran were barely familiar with previous scriptures. This is why they ALWAYS avoid mentioning names of people, names of places and time/dates the events mentioned in the quran took place.
The quran is impossible to understand without having access to dozens of other books [hadith, biography of profit mahomet] and it is barely possible to understand even WITH access to these texts.
>>
>>23342577
It has surpassed the previous scriptures. It has more literary value than the Bible which is unable to speak to a modern world.
>>
>>23342734
you just want to rewrite history you British thief
>>
>>23342738
I don't need to rewrite anything. Christianity dies while Islam thrives. The Quran has legitimate connections to the lord and people that Christianity has lost.
>>
>>23342741
I can trust the atlanteans or some catholic rapist in a burka, really close call
>>
>>23342771
>catholic rapist
Many such cases
>>
>>23342734
>unable to speak to a modern world
>a book written before the late 1800s
lmao. That is just all of them anon
What you are smoking? Where the argument?

Modern times are trying because they are alien to the human mind.
>>
>>23342871
>Where the argument?
My ESL friend, Christianity is dying because the Bible doesn't mean anything to the new generations. The Quran doesn't have this problem and Islam is thriving
>>
>>23342916
>The Quran doesn't have this problem
Lmao fucking delusional retard.
Have you interacted with 2nd gen Arabs or even Somali's? They are just a cancelled pilgrimage trip away from Mecca...to abstaining their religion completely.
>>
>>23342931
You can't argue with numbers anon. Islam thrives while Christianity wilts
>>
>>23323217
Most Christians and most Muslims don't read their holy books cover to cover; and if they do they don't actually process it or study it. It's nothing to do with the religious literature, all to do with the fashion of the time. Islam is becoming increasingly fashionable
>>
what's the appeal with abrahamitic religions? they all seem so barbaric, why would people voluntarily convert?
>>
>>23343089
Islam is still mostly third world without stable access to plumbing, sanitation or electricity.
That IS the main drive of it: The first generation muslim are not steady in their faith, but they are traditionally keeping it all up, in a religion that by design permeates society just like Christianity did pre reformation.
So they put up a good show, go to their churches, pray, and stay in their new somewhat mangled mixed community. Then their children grow up and suffer just like the natives, and is just one skipped vacation to MENA away from completely letting go of their roots.

The missionaries we send to Asia face the same thing: Their culture is at wits end of complete decay from urbanization, and our missionaries put up a good show about Jesus and loving your fellow man while deeply looking yourself in the mirror. While dressing sharp, and putting up a good smile.
And the Asians convert in droves.

Then again
>arguing with the numbers, aka flies are eating shit
lmao

>>23343112
Mostly that all 3 major sects are folk religions.
Sure there exists pursuits of a higher purpose, but the religion isn't based around that.
>>
>>23343123
Stamping your feet won't change the fact the Christianity is dying and the Bible can't reach younger generations. Islam spreads through the words of the Lord like wildfire right now
>>
>>23343130
If you can't handle the facts anon... then why are you here?
>>
>>23343135
The facts are Christianity shrinks while Islam grows. It's easy to see which Holy book is reaching people
>>
>>23323217
>does it's job
>does it is job
midwit thread, ignore
>>
>>23324119
That's a really crisp and high quality photo
>>
>>23343244
Middle America in all its glory
>>
>>23343411
oh sure the subject sucks
>>
>>23323241
Protestants have been real quiet since this pic dropped
>>
>>23342527
The class was on early Judaism and other Ancient Near East religions
>>
>>23344684
Was it interesting?
>>
File: 1695977420325487.webm (3.63 MB, 576x1024)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB WEBM
>>23343130
>the thriving younger generation of muslims
>>
>>23345336
>Tiktok
Kys zoomer
>>
Christianity survives because it feeds on persecution
Islam survives because retards will always exist
>>
>>23346716
This. Christianity will fall to be just a small persecuted few
>>
>>23345336
We will all be given boyfriends allahmahdullah
>>
i get the sense that the posters in this thread have very little understanding of christianity or islam
>>
>>23345906
Ironically young Muslims are the biggest TikTok/ByteDance shills there are
>>
>>23323217
>>23323224
>>23323231
>>23323240
>((()))
>>
>>23348121
All you need to know is one is shrinking and one is growing
>>
Christianity is still growing, it is not dying.

If I was the only Christian left on Earth I'd stay true to my Jesus.
>>
>>23348200
>If I was the only Christian left on Earth
You won't be but your grandchild will
>>
>>23323217
Book of Mormon mogs all
>>
>>23323248
You don't respond to cum genius, newfag. Too many people are forgetting the rule.
>>
>>23328747
Shia argue she was 16.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.