[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

is this worth reading outside of the context of somebody trying to stop a substance addiction?
a friend gave it to me after being "concerned about my xanax consumption" (lmao)
>>
I wouldn't bother reading that garbage, but your friend sounds like he has good intentions and cares for you, so that's nice.
>>
>>23322186

It's bereft of value because one of its central premises is that you should live for something greater than yourself, which is plainly a manifestly false idea. The only proper reason to quit drinking is pure rational selfish-interest, to be arrived at through pure intellection. If the delusion of god or concern for others is what it takes to get someone to quit drinking, then these delusions ought to have been removed so that the sufferer would instead continue to drink, to the point of death. There is more dignity and truth in dying in solitude of cirrhosis than there is of acknowleding god and entering a human community. But best of all is the one who quits purely for himself, without regard for what others think.
>>
>>23322186
It's just a ripoff of religious ideas

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.