[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

A scale of 1-blasphemy
>>
>>23322145
glib facsimile/10
>>
>>23322145
THIS SUMMER
>>
>>23322145
It should be good, considering Cormac and his son are/were executive producers for the project.
>>
File: IMG_6477.jpg (788 KB, 1170x1537)
788 KB
788 KB JPG
>>23322145
John Logan filmography
>>
File: IMG_6476.jpg (688 KB, 1170x1921)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
>>23322145
John Hillcoat filmography
>>
>Warner Bros logo
>Village productions logo
>Touchstone pictures logo
>A24 logo
>*Shot of the kid riding over a hill on horseback as the red sun sets behind him, autistically darkening*
>My name is the kid.
>My world is fire and blood
>*Disembodied voices talking: Chaos at the Church, she was raped..., they found the body!"
>*Intro riff from Black hole sun*
>Shot of a tall white skinned man wearing a large black brimmed hat from the back
>He turns and looks at the screen with one red eye
>*IN MY EYES
>*INDISPOSED*
>"Its only going to get worse from here kid"
>I dont care what happens to me...
>*shot of calvary riding across baren desert*
>*IN DISGUISES NO ONE KNOWS*
>*HIDES THE FACE*
>*music stops*
>*Lieees the snake...*
>Judge enters tent
>Cut to his face as he points
>"THIS MAN IS GUILTY!"
>action resumes
>*AND THE SUN IN MY DISGRACE*
>Shot of the Calvary moving across the desert
>"Youre not the only one out here, kid"
>BOILING HEAT SUMMER STENCH
>cut to judge
>"Youre everything they say aint you
>BENEATH THE BLACK THE SKY LOOKS DEAD
>black screen
>CALL MY NAME THROUGH THE CREAM AND ILL HEAR YOU SCREAM AGAIN
>*random acts of violence*
>BLACK HOLE SUN
>WONT YOU COME
>WASH AWAY THE RAIN
*more violence*
>BLACK HOLE SUN
>WONT YOU COME
>cut to judge over the rock
>"I told you kid, I always come back"
>BLACK HOLE SUN
>2024
>RATED R
>WONT YOU COME
>IN THEATERS THIS AUGUST
>WONT YOU COOOOME
>>
>>23322410
Another cause I think these are funny
>*Judge walks in the tent*
>"Hello everyone, that man is a criminal!"
>Crowd gasps
>Man faints in a womanly fashion
>"Heh, I tend to do that"
>*I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE WHEN YOU WALKED IIIIN"
>Kid, you cant keep running youre entire life
>"Maybe not, but my horse heres pretty fast"
>*AAAAA*
>Judge loads gun during action sequence
>*AAAAA*
>Kid loads flintlock during preparation montage
>*TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE*
>Glanton, with knife: Youre not so tough are you
>*Kid kicks him in the balls and shoves him over*
>*AAAAA*
>2025
>*AAAAA*
>*TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE*
>>
File: 1692210741179710.gif (16 KB, 125x125)
16 KB
16 KB GIF
>>23322448
>>23322459
kek
>>23322145
Logan did pretty well on 'The Road'. He may make a good adaption.
>>
>>23322448
>>23322459
The war line will be definitely be in the trailer
>It makes no difference what men think of war, war endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.
>SOMETHING IN THE WAY
>MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM
>SOMETHING IN THE WAY YEAH
>MMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMM
>>
>>23322417
not a bad resume dezu
>>
>red sky
>opensans semibold all caps "BLOOD MERIDIAN"
>white man bad
>roll closing credits
>>
>>23322145
The Road was a decent adaptation but I don’t think they can sell a real Blood Meridian movie. You’d need someone like Zahler who’s willing to annoy or disgust his own audience. Not saying he’s a good pick for directing this, just the attitude. Gaspar Noe perhaps?
The Road works because there’s some core of the Hollywood story of a hope in the darkness, a father’s love for his son, you bond with the protagonists in a horrific situation. Hollywood can’t really do movies where everyone is a piece of shit. You need some nihilistic European to tell stories like that. Budget 10 million, funded by arts grants from the state, filmed in Spain.
>>
>>23323558
in a ideal capitalist world, they should have brought back John Milius from forced retirement and have him direct it and screen write the movie.
>>
This should NOT be made into a movie what the fuck

The Judge is hard for people with 150 IQ to handle, The Judge will fucking wreck the minds of the masses

It is a book that literally celebrares child rape, this is sick shit
>>
>>23322419
The Proposition had an incredible start before petering out. Still a good movie. If he had managed to keep the tone it might have been a masterpiece, hoping he can channel some of that for BM.

>>23323558
My real issue with the idea of a BM movie is that I would want the atmosphere to be the main character. Zahler could do the violence and apathy right, but the Southwest wouldn't be the star like it should be. I wish the Coen brothers would do more McCarthy but then again they wouldn't do the gore right so it's a tradeoff. Zahler collabbing with Coen brothers would be the masterpiece we all want but of course something like that could never happen.
>>
>two men open an outhouse
>they reel back "WOAAAAAHHHH!"
>*record scratch*
>"Yeah, that's me in there.
>Nnnnnnoooot my BEST look ;)
>It all began when I was fourteen"
>*rewinding noise*
>*ABC by the Jackson Five*
>Young teen pickpockets and apple while walking, and takes a bite
>Young girl voice, "KID, you're nothing but TROUBLE."
>Kid shrugs at camera
>>
>>23323915
>The Judge will fucking wreck the minds of the masses
Somehow they handle Top Gun and all the other American movies with the same ideology
>>
>>23322419
Had he only made The Proposition I'd strongly welcome this choice, for it's one of the greats but it seems to have been a one-time thing. The Road was okay at best and everything he made afterwards was disappointing.
>>
File: download.png (2.11 MB, 1152x1600)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>The name's Jackson
>>
>>23322417
>Star Trek: Nemesis

Well, I'm willing to give him a shot. That was an underrated Trek movie.
>>
>>23324046
There's a school shooting every other week and the average person finds overseas war exciting. Sexual perversion of all imaginable and unimaginable kinds is running rampant.

Oddly enough it was the realization that Hollywood is deliberately pumping out LGBT propoganda that finally made me realize how insane it all is.

Now we can have propoganda about Doomsday and Satan incarnate. Blood Meridian could literally have an alternate title of "The Immortal Kid Fucker."

This is a new low.
>>
It should've been an animated film.
>>
>>23324052
ghosts...of the civil dead is prison kino desu
agreed that the road adaptation was a bit meh and it makes me a little underwhelmed by this news. but i think he at least won't butcher blood meridian. the road (the movie) was just solid and ok and didn't fuck anything up notably. probably as faithful as you could have hoped
>>
>>23324182
Or lean into it. Paul Verhoeven in his prime would have been kino. All the blood and tits and his directors commentary
>ja ja so I found the entire ideology behind the novel repellent so it was easiest to make a big joke with some giant boobies and guns hahaha your American audiences love that sort of thing
>>
File: 1714015198076880.jpg (40 KB, 600x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
If cracka related doesnt play the Judge I aint watchin
>>
>>23324325
not tall/babyfaced enough
>>
>>23322448
actually sounds based
>>
What's the point of a film made about a book where the entire appeal is how artfully it's written? As in the literal text on the page, and not any figurative nonsense.
>>
File: Real image.jpg (683 KB, 1200x675)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
>>23324358
I hate how it's written but I love the book

>>23324325
picrel
>>
>>23322448
lmao kino
>>
>>23324325
>>23324396
Michael Chiklis maybe?
>>
They are going to bastardize it into some politically relevant flick. The judge is going to be a woman or be defeated by a woman, slave or indian and the ending will be morally directed towards supporting liberal values. It's not going to be close to anything like no country for old men, it will be peppered with liberalism, diversity and trump/biden politics.
>>
>>23326270
Of course it will be, like all the previous adaptations too! Not to mention that Blood Meridian is a pop culture GIANT, the sort of stuff you go and see with your kids on the 25th of December.
>>
>>23326270
Spend some time in the real world.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.