[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6263.jpg (437 KB, 1920x2560)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Are there any good books on the ice age(s)? I would also like books to learn about prehistoric history, generally.
>>
There is no such thing as prehistoric history chud, my father discovered over one thousand stone penises in a dick-shaped cave
>>
>>23321076
Jesus Christ, I’m hungover and I didn’t realize that I’d typed “Prehistoric History”; holy shit that’s funny.

Anyway, does anyone have any good books on the prehistoric world?
>>
>>23321088
I wasn't mocking you for that, I think it's a perfectly valid term desu, the term history is clearly equivocal (it means both "what actually happened to humans or was done by humans at the time" AND "the study of what we can actually know about what humans did and what happened to them, because records exist") and only a but I did have breakfaster would have trouble understanding the superficially paradoxical use of two equivocal senses of a term in an adjective-noun pairing

I was just referring to the Joe Rogan podcast

I guess my recommendation is the early part of The Northern Crusades by Christiansen because it does a good deal of talking about pre-historical *in the sense of invisible to us because unrecorded) society in north and northeast Europe prior to contact with Christians, and it's very clear that prehistoric Scandinavian, Baltic, Slavic society were incredibly well-developed and thousands of years old

I would like to read a Braudel's Mediterranean but for Bronze Age Europe
>>
Quest for fire is an especially funny and interesting film based on a book by the same name, ron perelman was born to play caveman and he does it beautifully.
>>
File: 1680765683139161.jpg (6 KB, 249x217)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>prehistoric history
>>
>>23320954
Asimov's popsci on earth history/evolution of species definitely worth checking out.
>>
>>23320954
no but there's a really good movie
>>
The Mind In The Cave is quite good
>>
Coming soon to a planet near you!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.