[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: (You)yuko.png (867 KB, 1920x1080)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
Ever notice how homophobic and transphobic art is almost always in colour? Even in mediums that are usually monochrome (Wojaks, Stonetoss characters, etc). I started to wonder about why this is, and it made me realize something. They have to include identification colours because what they actually hate is not how you look or act, but simply the fact that you're "one of those people I'm supposed to hate".
There are obviously exceptions, notably among religious cultists, but the majority simply only care that you're a minority. This is why fascist politicians have gay sex while calling themselves straight, this is why "no homo" is a popular thing, this is why people vehemently insist that trans characters are actually femboys. These are rituals that allow them to distance these obviously LGBT concepts from "them". It's really just mindless tribalism.
tl;dr rightoids are monkeys
>>
>rightoids are monkeys
who would've guessed?
>>
>>35549509
Thanks japan
>>
>>35549569
Japan?
>>
small nitpick, "medium" is sigular, "media" is plural "mediums" would be like the plural of supernaturally conductive women, I imagine that is not what you meant
>>
>>35549509
ywnbaw
>>
>>35550837
mediums is correct here if they are talking about monochrome as an art medium
>>
>>35549509
why is she wearing a dreamcast on her head?
>>
>>35551004
That's what I meant, yeah.
>>
>>35549509
Why do trannies always overthink about media? Is it the Hontra influence?
>>
File: monkey.png (1.9 MB, 1200x900)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>35550990
>>
>>35552746
God forbid someone has a lucid thought
>>
>>35549509
You are also a religious cultist, in fact some would argue troons are even worse since it is definitely possible for a god to exist while your beliefs contradict basic biology, so we know troons aren't correct right away. This is a cult and by the time you realise this it's too late and have to 41%. Homosexuality is based on a biological reality while trooning out is based on fetishes and blatantly incorrect delusions
>>
>>35552746
>overthink
Anyone who uses this word doesn't know how to think systematically.
>>
>>35549509
I assume the reason many modern memes lack color is due to simple laziness, popular formats of wojak characters and perhaps even past rage comics were done because most drawing formats online are already black on a white background (emulating pencil on paper)

There’s also the reality that characters like wojak and stonetoss are drawn in a more simple way explicitly to represent a "type of person", a group, as an individual, rather than to represent actual individuals. It’s very much a Ben garrison theory of caricature. Draw an ugly individual and slap a label on it so that now your audience says "wow the entire debate about this subject can simply be represented by two individuals". However this unfortunately transcends political allegiance although centrists and liberals tend to be far more shy about portraying their political opponents badly I assure you that in some radically left wing newspapers people do the same (I believe Charlie hebdo would be a good example but in my experience as a reader of theirs they are far less interested in promoting individuals, everybody is fair game)
Continued:
>>
>>35553174
Granted there’s characters that lack a certain amount of detail done for different motivations. Whereas stonetoss and let’s face it most political caricatures are designed to help the reader think "my political opponents are clowns" there are similar characters who are made in a context for the audience to say "this character is just like me" so that the audience can more easily identify with them. A lack of distinction makes it easy for a broad audience to relate to someone. The bone comics are a decent example, since they kept their simple black and white design even after being thrust into full colored fantasy land with dragons and shit. The only identifying features being stature and maybe a hat which adds nothing but a way to distinguish characters. Another decent example would be the little sperm audience character in jelloappocalypses "welcome to" series, and there is a plethora of low detail white characters with zero identifiable features in the draw my life scene on YouTube.

So in a sense you are right op, some characters are designed simply in black and white so that attention can be drawn to their identifiable details (the main contrast being color which can represent some amount of ideological loyalty) but I’m not sure if this is as systemic as our brains would suggest. After all even in ostensibly progressive social minorities it’s normal for people to signal in group status via signalers, be they language or more subtle things like what kinds of things people wear. What you’re seeing is certainly a pattern but for now it can be found elsewhere, outside the realm of edgy right wingers showing their audience clowns and saying that said clowns should be beaten to death.
>>
File: dochristcucksreally.jpg (87 KB, 314x314)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>35552948
>it is definitely possible for a god to exist while your beliefs contradict basic biology
>>
>>35552906
OP wasn't lucid.
>>
>>35550990
but you HATE women? Wanna kiss?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.