[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2757343243058522.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Why is it not at all controversial to suggest that women are, on average physically less strong than men are, but quite controversial to suggest women might be less intelligent, on average, than men are?
>>
>>35527233
One of those statements is true and the other isn't.
>>
>>35527233
Why is it not controversial to say that the sky is blue, but quite controversial to say that the world is flat?
>>
>>35527263
which one is true, and how do you know the other is false?
>>
>>35527233
One because it's not really true at least according to my school experience and all the smart women I know.

Secondly I think we see mental attributes as more inherently part of our person hood than physical ones. SO being weaker than men doesn't necessarily make being a women worse. But being dumber than men would make us less competent, and deficient comparatively especially in a culture that values productivity and intelligence like ours. Inferior on a mental level. SO even if it was true which it's not no one would really want to accept it
>>
>>35527233
Because the latter is not true and creates unnecessary problems based on a false premise.
>>
>>35527233
women are smarter than men but are weaker its just how strength and int builds work
learn to min max
>>
>>35527323
>its just how strength and int builds work
holy based
>>
wow trannies really are female simps even more than I ever thought they could be
>>
>>35527233
Women have less muscle mass. Women outperform men at every stage of education in the UK
>>
>>35527343
>socialize with women
>realize women are just as human as you
>smart, retarded, average, funny, creepy, annoying, cold, sensitive, fucked up, etc.
Vs.
>spend years in an all-male bubble
>buy into the female image created by said bubble
>project it onto real people
>>
>>35527301
The consensus of scientific research is that women are less strong than men, or at bare minimum, testosterone dominant people who went through androgen puberty are stronger.

Cognitive differences between men and women are mostly found to not exist, or be minor in effect and about specifc things like spatial reasoning being slightly better in men on average etc.

Brains are mosaics, there are no pink brains and blue brains.
>>
It's not a simple binary one is better than the other. Women are more intelligent on average. Men have outliers. This is why more notable achievements are attributed to men. But for every Tesla, somebody's gotta keep the wheels turning. Nearly every professor I had was a woman. There are also things men are better at, and things women are better at. Women's brains while smaller are more folded, and more interconnected. Think of it like parallel processing. Men have the edge on spatial reasoning, women on multitasking.
>>
>>35527398
>Cognitive differences between men and women are mostly found to not exist,
False.
>or be minor in effect
False.
>and about specifc things like spatial reasoning being slightly better in men on average etc.
Downplaying, but true. The differences are rather large on the average level. "Pink brain, blue brain" is a myth, but logic like this is overcompensating. The differences are there, and they are plentiful, they just aren't categorical.
>>
>>35527439
Yeah this is 4chan so I'm not going to get into a rigorous debate with citations. The answer to why the latter is controversial to say is because the scientific consensus is against it and you are the fringe group who are percieved as having an ulterior motive (propping up male supremacy)
>>
>>35527233
Because strength results from repeated activity and so can be significantly inflected by culture, but intelligence is inborn
>>
>>35527451
It's fine, the only citation people arguing your point ever provide is the one meta-analysis that mischaracterises data. You even pre-emptively walk back your own points in the original post. I do not believe in male supremacy, I just don't believe the social, sexual and practical behavioural differences between men and women are not reflected in the brain structures.
>>
>>35527475
I haven't walked back anything. "More intelligent on average" would imply being strictly cognitively superior on average, not a mosaic of individual areas of ability.
>>
>>35527562
When did I say men or women were more intelligent on average?
>>
>>35527579
Oh you're one of these trolls who's "just asking questions" and won't own their beliefs got it
>>
>>35527595
No, point out where I said it. I even said I don't think men are superior. You are projecting your image of what you think I am onto me. That doesn't reflect reality. Read my posts again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.