[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4492.jpg (10 KB, 236x204)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Questions for those who have had SRS:
How has life been after your surgery? Was the recovery difficult? Do you have scars? Is dilated painful or tedious?
I wish I had a vagina but I am really scared of it not healing properly and having to dilate
>>
>>35511395
>How has life been after your surgery?
Pretty good, I much prefer having a vagina and I havent had any complications with it. full sexual function etc

>Was the recovery difficult?
Yeah the first year post-op is pretty grueling, ive known several trans women who have had mental breakdowns during the recovery process

>Do you have scars?
light scars, not really that visible

>Is dilated painful or tedious?
First year its painful, after that its tedious. I find its something I often procrastinate on, because its so tedious. Thank god for youtube thats all I'll say

>I wish I had a vagina but I am really scared of it not healing properly and having to dilate
Honestly, I would only recommend it if you really feel you need it. Its a tough, expensive process to go through with lots of possible complications, but if you truly have genital dysphoria its an absolute godsend.
>>
>>35511395
Got surgery with Dr. Brassard about 6 months ago

Pretty good! I wouldn't consider my results perfect, but it looks and feels decent, which is a lot better than having a dick haha.
I was lucky enough to get to stay with my parents for the first two months of recovering, which was very helpful. All in all its been pretty easy for me.
>Do you have scars?
Yes, but they're still fading so idk what the end result is gonna look like.
It's painful initially, but once the muscles relax it's just a bit uncomfortable. Still rather tedious though.
>>
File: 1699701730650.gif (3.75 MB, 408x640)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB GIF
>>35511395
>>
when I get the surgery I'm thinking of doing zero-depth, I've heard the recovery is much easier plus no dilating
>>
>>35511395
I'm 7 months postop with the NYU dream team (Bluebond-Langner & Zhao)
Fine, I got 3 months off work which was great
Yeah but your brain is really good at coping so it doesn't feel as bad as it sounds
It goes back and forth, granulation tissue (common but not guaranteed issue) can make it sting a little but mostly it's just tedious
I'm really tight so it takes a while to get the dilator to depth
>Do you have scars?
Yes that's how surgery works you get scars at the incisions
You can minimize them with proper aftercare (silicone scar gel/tape, scar massages, laser resurfacing)
>I am really scared of it not healing properly and having to dilate
The gotcha with srs that a lot of people don't realize is that there's always a chance (~1%) of severe complications even if you do everything right and go to a top surgeon and revision surgeries may or may not be able to fix it
Dilation is just a fact of life for non-colon methods but if you're not unlucky it's a pretty minor issue after the first year or so
The other gotcha is that vaginoplasty really needs to be a two stage surgery and most surgeons can't really pull off a perfect result in one stage because the vulva won't be able to handle the intense dilation schedule immediately postop
A lot of surgeons can do single-stage results that look really good and are definitely good enough but plan for a cosmetic revision if you're picky about how it looks
>>
>>35511395
what is sex like with srs?

whats it like to have a mans penis inside your neo pussy?
>>
>>35512092
>>35512304
>>35514511
did any of u get sigmoid srs? i would like self-lubrication but i don't like the risk of bad smell and two surgery sites.
>>
>>35511395
I don't know I'm pretty glad it's done now. I don't really bother dilating any more and when I do I don't really see any bad effects of being lazy with it (they say I should still do it once a day now three years later and I in fact do it maybe once a quarter)
>recovery
after the first month it became more tedious than painful. I had a tear though early on
>scars
uh I don't see them unless I go looking. I don't shave either so that helps. you're basically always going to have the scars on either side but I've seen a lot of variance in how big they are (mine don't reach my clit and I've seen pics where they go past that)
I do have the scar on my belly from the ppt... it can raise questions if you wear a bikini. someone saw it once and told me I must have had a hysterectomy lol
>longer-term
There's basically no medical care so be prepared for that. If you get a yeast or bacterial infection it's a huge battle to get them to even look at it let alone test or prescribe something for it. and probably months of delay before you can get to see the doctor who seems to be intentionally incompetent
really annoying.
I'm not going to let a doctor see it ever again desu
>>35515063
good
>>35515377
my ppt seems to lubricate fine. smell has been off and on depending on infection issues. douching hurts but is about all they'll tell you to do. I also think it irritates the tissue and leads to problems dilating, but if you complain about that they just tell you to dilate more which just led to more problems. letting it alone for a period helped me.
if I can get things working it's great but it's very finicky really. I've wondered if there's a low-key infection that keeps coming back but lost hope of getting help
(and I think a lot of "dilation" problems reported by people are really the result of untreated infection but you basically have to self-treat because doctors don't believe in it)
(more)
>>
(>>35516075 continued)
>>35514511
I really think it should be two stage. I had a revision. I think this "revision" is really just language to make the insurance feel better. It was near planned and expected. Sad they sucker people into not getting it.
>>
>>35515377
Do hybrid or full peritoneal pullthrough instead if all you want is lubrication
The real advantage of sigmoid is that dilating is much much easier but imo not really worth the risks

>>35516094
FTM bottom surgery is done in multiple stages
I really think it's just that doing it single stage is 90% of the way there and most patients are happy and don't bother with a revision/second stage
I'm planning on getting a revision but if it doesn't pan out I'm not gonna be super upset

>>35516075
>There's basically no medical care so be prepared for that
NYU's postop care has been really good, they're super responsive and pretty much function as a yearly gynecologist visit in the long term
Doesn't really help a whole lot if you don't have easy access to their offices (NYC) though
>>
>>35516393
well I live in the south my surgeon told me to see a gynecologist but they refused to see me (after claiming they would then later claiming they thought "trans woman" meant ftm even though I said vaginoplasty and... yeah)
my pcp has been a disaster although once I got a resident there who gave me yeast infection medicine. my actual pcp (who claims to specialize in trans people...) wouldn't because I'm apparently immune to that(?) just a disaster all around
I'm terrified of getting any kind of std because I know there's no treatment
I was then referred to another doctor who claims to be a lgbt doctor but is really a gynecologist (so she'll see gay men? really confused what lgbt means in this context) and I'm not sure about her but her office is a similar disaster and it takes months to get an appointment and then when you do it has to be telephone if you're transgender so no exam or test
>>
>>35516477
Does your surgeon not handle any of that stuff post-op?
>I'm terrified of getting any kind of std because I know there's no treatment
Planned parenthood should be able to do that kind of thing without asking too many questions
You can even just get a PrEP prescription for regular std testing and HIV prevention
>>
>>35516557
he told me to see the gynecologist rather than trek up to see him
there are no planned parenthoods here because there's another abortion doctor but idk if they'll see transgender people
desu I'm not sure I believe planned parenthood would see a post op the way I've been treated. I mean they might see me but would they help me. they way doctors proclaim how accepting they are and then fail me so often has really jaded me
I'm just done with them (eventually I'm going to run out of hormones and then I guess detransition)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.