[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Germans bungle delivery of 400
>Canadian company says they can deliver 100 immediately
>want to build a plant in Germany to build more
>Canadian defense minister so far hasn't replied to the offer

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense_news_april_2024_global_security_army_industry/roshel_canadian_company_proposes_to_build_mrap_vehicle_factory_in_germany.html

This is a slam dunk deal, and dunks on the Germans for being useless and mired in red tape.
>>
>>61482400
>>
>>61495618
Roshel is shit, they're police vehicles at best. There are multiple vehicles in the same weight class with better protection that aren't just F-550s with an armored chassis slapped on top
>>
>>61495676
Are they available by the hundred right now though?
>>
>>61495676
They need thousands of armored vehicles and the Senator and Humvees are the backbone of that fleet. The Senators that they have are better than the potential vehicles which may be better but aren't shipped.

They need quantity more than anything which is why we should have dumped ALL of our 60's and 70's gear on them as a start (we only gave them a fraction).
>>
>>61495618
>In response, the CEO of the Canadian competitor "Roshel" contacted Bild on April 23, 2024.
So there is actually no plan or agreement or anything. The boss of Roshel just wrote a letter-to-the-editor to a german tabloid and claimed that his stuff is way more gooder pls buy!
>>
>>61497829
Well the CEO and his company have delivered 1000 Roshel Senators already, and he's a Ukrainian Ashkenazi so he has some investment and knowledge of the situation already. Nothing has been formalized, but it seems like a plausible plan.
>>
>>61495618
>want to build a plant in Germany to build more
Why?
I mean, I'm happy for the jobs created by that after the greens have and continue to ruin our economy.
But we have the most expensive electricity in Europe because they broke the law and lied to get their nonsense anti-nuclear shit through. Even go caught just this week and the Green head honcho has to face a comission in parliament but the mainstream media hasn't mentioned it yet
>>
>>61497971
Tasty government subsidies and closer to end customer. But also eco terrorism risks like with the antifascist who torched the power lines to the new Tesla factory.
>>
>>61497990
>But also eco terrorism risks like with the antifascist who torched the power lines to the new Tesla factory.
Speaking of, is moleman still in prison?
>>
>>61497971
>>61497990
My Grandma was born in Ostpreußen, I learn bits of German vocab and grammar, I enjoyed my time there, but man, it cuts me deep every time I re-expose myself to current affairs in Germany. It's because of shit like the Grüner.
>>
>>61497971
>"Local production in Germany would save logistical costs, create jobs, and keep the investment in the country, thus saving taxpayers' money." - CEO Shimonov

He's dedicated to TZD while expanding his business.
>>
>>61498081
Oh it's a German company, I thought it was Canadian lmao
>>
>>61498128
Roshel is a Canadian armored vehicles manufacturer. The CEO has suggested opening a second plant in Germany to continue TZD at a faster rate, and says his vehicles cost half of what Germany produces.

>On May 2, 2023, former employee has accused the company and top executives, specifically the CEO Roman Shimonov of bribing Ukrainian official to help secure a $92 Million dollar deal through the government of Canada.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roshel
>>
>>61495676
Ukrainians who’ve used it said it’s good and reliable, they’ll take any armor they can get.
>>
>>61499430
They need a fleet of quick moderately armored vehicles for recon, raids, and just moving people around. I can't even remember seeing any Senators showing up in damaged/destroyed vehicles list too.
>>
>>61499447
There are 11 destroyed Senators on Oryx, comparatively the Aussie Bushmaster has 12 losses, so in line with foreign APC losses.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-ukrainian.html?m=1
>>
>>61495618
Whats bungle?
>>
Should just build a factory in western ukraine and build them there
>>
>>61499728
>gets hit by cruise missiles
>>
>>61503630
It's a factory, not a hospital or kindergarten. It's safe from puccian cruise missiles.
>>
>>61499478
Bushmaster's funny. It was meant to be a mid point between a backline mobility vehicle and an APC, but it ended up being more bullet-resistant than the M113.
Hope the government chucks more their way if Ukraine wants them.
>>61498150
A dedicated TZD plant is something I can get behind.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.