[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240508_065106.jpg (544 KB, 2048x1310)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
So how exactly do all these Chinese fanartists I see on xitter get this cracked ?
x.com/TuDou_EstOr/status/1781628225527111830
>>
They don't skimp out on their fundies
>>
>>7159837
naruhodo ne....
>>
>>7159836
while this is really good on a technical level I think a simpler style would be more appealing
>>
>>7159846
hmm I don't think so, the only thing off to me is his lower leg but I saw a comment saying the reason is part of the story so im probably wrong
>>
>>7159836
Classical atelier technical education of the kind that is now rare in the West despite being invented here.

Intense practice that would make the no-draws here vomit just from seeing the schedules.

Zero education in the classics of the old tradition, and zero focus in developing a sense of taste, such that after developing the technical skills taught by the above two steps you're somehow still drawing anime fanart.
>>
>>7159836
isn't her torso too short?
and to answer the question, I think china still values actual good craftsmanship since they dodged the last century's american glownigger psyops on art so there probably still are schools teaching real art through fundies
same thing as russia
>>
>>7159836
WTF I never even noticed the heads in the clouds
>>
>>7159856
retarded take, considering that doing beautiful fanart of a series that has inspired millions is the same as artists like say Bouguereau who used to do essentially fanart too but of classical and orientatal myths instead.
>>
>>7159836
10 quillion hours of krenz
>>
>>7159860
yeah, I can't get over the proportions.
>>
>>7159856
>you're somehow still drawing anime fanart.
What should they be drawing instead?
>>
>>7159836
Its impressive but when looks you look closer you realize its mostly simply stroke and different brush textures being used and theres anatomy issues being covered up by the rendering
still better than anything ill ever produce though
>>
>>7159850
Johnny is a cripple so yeah his lower body makes sense since it'd be atrophied
>>
>>7159856
>Zero education in the classics of the old tradition, and zero focus in developing a sense of taste, such that after developing the technical skills taught by the above two steps you're somehow still drawing anime fanart.
Noone gives a shit about this but faggot ass posers who can't even draw.
>>
>>7159891
>mostly simply stroke and different brush textures
don't know if you're saying this as a slight but this is actually a lot more impressive than tight rendering
>>
>>7159836
That Lower torso is absolutely fucked, head too big, overall proportions not working well. Typical quality for a chink, "As long as it looks kinda nice."
>>
>>7159927
>don't know if you're saying this as a slight
no not at all I was just trying to highlight that a work close to this isn't as far out of reach with simple techniques
>>
>>7159946
its deliberate stylization, something youre literally too beg to understand. It looks great.
>>
>>7159860
>Her
Lmfao
Anyway though yes this image has multiple glaring issues.
The face just looks weird, the rendering is too unblended albeit detailed, and Johnnys legs are just too short.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.