[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

a history-related topic
>>
>>16547114
By original definition, only western Turkish kingdom of Assuwa is Asia
>>
>>16547114
By that logic, North Africa isn't Africa
>>
File: villes-de-lassuwa.jpg (649 KB, 809x736)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>16547134
>The term "Asia" is believed to originate in the Bronze Age placename Assuwa (Hittite: 𒀸𒋗𒉿, romanized: aš-šu-wa) which originally referred only to a portion of northwestern Anatolia. The term appears in Hittite records recounting how a confederation of Assuwan states including Troy unsuccessfully rebelled against the Hittite king Tudhaliya I around 1400 BCE.[37][38][39] Roughly contemporary Linear B documents contain the term aswia (Mycenaean Greek: 𐀀𐀯𐀹𐀊, romanized: a-si-wi-ja), seemingly in reference to captives from the same area.[40][41]
>>
>>16547135
North Africa is the Africa.
Subsaharan Africa is some place not Africa.
>>
>>16547135
The opposite. North Africa is the actual Africa. The rest of the continent should have been called Libya.
>>
>>16547180
The name Africa probably originates from the Afar people that have always lived in present north east africa and roman encounters with them
>>
Europe, Asia, Orient.
EZ
>>
>>16547373
I think orient is used for pre-islamic middle east too.
>>
Stealth jeet thread
>>
>>16547867
Not him, but you're wrong. It generally refers to China area.
>>
>>16547917
Says whom? I’ve never heard that, “orient” evokes swarthy magean cultures and desert landscapes. For example, there’s the term “orientalist.”
>>
>>16547915
Kek came here to post this
>>
>>16547915
>>16548086
how is this division prefered by the saars?
>>
>>16548370
Lumping themselves with lighter skinned MENAs
>>
>>16548427
Indians are always trying to be something they're not kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.