[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>finally found best shape and feel for a mouse (razer orochi)
>Easy and straight forward to set up of profiles and button
>Razer logo doesn't glow either.
>Middle click is double clicking and I think one of the thumb buttons are starting too aswel

FML

Should I get another one or is there another mouse I should be looking at? Or is there a way to repair and fix this issue?
>>
>>100198558
I rock one of these. Great mouse
>>
>>100198558
you can open it up and fix it if you can solder
zowie or vaxee mice are the way to go
>>
>>100198558
>doesnt mention the horrific Razer spyware software you have to install to use the mouse functions
nice spam thread
>>
>>100198558
I thought it was one of those cheapest Dell mice from the thumbnail
>>
>>100199792
https://openrazer.github.io cope retard
>>
>>100198558
>Or is there a way to repair and fix this issue?
Buy replacement mouse skates and switches on AliExpress. Open up the mouse, desolder the existing ones, solder in the new ones, reassemble it, and put on new skates. You'll have not only repaired your mouse for less than it costs to buy a new one, but you'll have arguably upgraded it with superior switches and fresh skates.
>>
>>100198558
Used to rock that one and it failed me without and warning
Now I just use keychron m3 from china and it is very good, only buy them from china they are far cheaper than keychron global idk why
>>
>>100198558
razer mice can be opened and most parts replaced, even without soldering. I've done it on a Deathadder and a Naga, so check yours.
>>
>>100198558
Yes
https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/99960172
>>
>>100198558
>wireless shit
>>
You don't even have to change switches oftentimes, it's just dust that has gotten inside and makes it double click. You can open the switches with pliers and clean them
>>
I bought a refurbished Orochi V2 2 years ago and it had a fatal flaw where the battery (AA or AAA) would only last a single fucking day or 2 days at best on a Duracell/Energizer. But I liked the form factor and blamed myself for trying to save $20 and so a few months ago I bought another one new and it's been working pretty well.
I should mentioned that overall I noticed that Razer have terrible quality control with their mice so don't go wasting your money if you're not ready for it to fail again.
>>
>>100198558
>>100200526
>>100201749
I've had the Razer Orochi V2 for I think 2 years now, and it's still working perfectly fine. This isn't me saying these mice or that Razer mice in general don't have problems, it's just my personal experience.

Also, I don't know if people know just how fucking awful Razer products were like 6-7 years ago. Their shit was absolutely horrendous. They've significantly improved their QC over the years. Their keyboards and mice are generally pretty solid. Avoid the rest of Razer's products though like their awful headsets.
>>
>>100198558
The big brand mice almost always use junk switches for the scrollwheel and often for the side buttons. Check out techpowerup's mice reviews, they disassemble the mice and show what switches they use. Try to find a mouse that uses huanos or kailhs all around.
>>
For me the best shape is the Basilisk but these gayzer mice are finicky whores
>>
>>100198558
Middle mouse button doubleclicking is usually dust and whatever shit, you can get one of those WD-40 "safe for electronics" sprays or ispopropyl alcohol and try cleaning the button.
Sidebuttons are easily replaceable as long as you have basic soldering skills.
IIRC mouse companies don't really use optical switches for side buttons so just tear up some old mouse if you have one and harvest the switches from that. Alternative buy some from Amazon/aliexpress.
>>100199854
>linux
Useless for 99% of the people.
>>
>>100198558
>Double clicking still an issue in 2024
Imagine not getting a mouse with hot-swappable switches
>>
>>100203364
Imagine not knowing how to solder switches once every year or couple of years

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.