[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cumlink.jpg (40 KB, 800x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
How will having space internet affect country's like China when cables are done for?

Like if country's segregate themselves from one another?

>I missed the conversation and now it's archived.
>>
>>100134709
"space internet" is mostly for rural areas that doesn't make economic sense to build out wire networks to. this isn't really a problem for china because they invest crazy amount of money into infrastructure, but its a huge benefit for poorer nations that can just buy a few satellites instead of lay (and maintain) tons of wire

>Like if country's segregate themselves from one another?
are you under the impression that 'space internet' doesn't connect with the rest of the internet?
>>
>>100134781
I'm asking if satellites could save the world from a segregated internet.
>>
>>100134841
No, satellite internet is very expensive and the people who can afford it can afford to bypass blocks like that anyway.
>>
>>100134865
Can afford to bypass blocks? I mean if there are no underwater sea cables connection country's.

In the future I mean, this Is all just hypothetical, could we all just connect to Elon's or NASA's satellites and not have to worry about out government disconnection us from the world?
>>
>>100134931
Obviously we can, I'm just asking for input and thoughts on this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.