[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image_4173.png (71 KB, 584x501)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Why are luddites like this?
>>
>>100134154
>large language model
>art
There's a thin like between luddite and retard, can't see it? You might be a retard.
>>
Because you amplify their "opinions" with posts like that, creating a satisfactory echo for them.
>>
LLMs automate all the stuff I don't give a shit about. They are literally useless
>>
>fake books

If a book has content with a beginning, middle and end, how is it fake?
>>
>>100134202
We might've discovered fiction genre, can't really tell.
>>
File: 1691443968085.png (2.1 MB, 2004x686)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
The bad things he mention, you could argue the same about the internet allowing them. Also, some things he mentioned aren't even bad or unique to to this given technology:

>influence elections
So does New York Times and mainstream press. Are you complaining about how all journals are biased? No, of course you won't, because you must likely some cuck liberal how suffers from Trump derangement syndrome.

>drive artists out of work
Yeah, so? That's what new tech does, I don't remember seeing you crying when streaming killed DVD rental stores.
>>
>>100134299
I am yet to see or hear an artist go broke because people started using AI image gen.
>>
>>100134154
Computers and related technologies have been used to
spread misinformation
influence elections
commit crime
commit wrongthink

In conclusion, we should ban computers and any form of computing machines
>>
>>100134330
They were already broke - now they just have something to blame.
>>
>>100134299
nice picture but netflix was a dvd rental company who pivoted ot streaming once internet bandwidth allowed.
if anything you cartoon suggests that you have to adapt to the new reality or go the way of blockbuster.
>>
>>100134202
Books by the foot/pound, they predate current LLMs though.
>>
>>100134422
printing press would fit this description too
>>
>>100134154
>obligatory complaint about how AI is used to generate cp
>and, on the same list, at the same fucking time, complaint about how AI is driving artists out of work
I see.
>>
>>100134154
History proved that Ludd was right though. You will pay more for inferior products, and you will love it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.