[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

https://github.com/save-nix-together/open-letter

let's all sign it
let nix burn, Gentoo forever!
>>
>>100132959
Fuck you. I need to contribute to nixOS as a military 3rd party.
>>
>>100133177
just use gentoo like every other government contractor
>>
>>100132959
>him avoiding giving away authority and thereby disallowing community leadership to develop
anons its so fucking predictable at this point, why do these fucking wimps fold EVERY time?
>>
what is this niggerlicious shit
I dont even like nix, but seeing some worthless academic shit their pants and seethe over military orgs coming into the project is hilarious.
>>
>oh dont you worry, there are trannies in the military too
>>
File: Github.png (1.89 MB, 689x1777)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>100132959
Why to the people who signed all like anime?
>>
>>100133481
probably bots... an ai-generated anime profile pic is far more believable than an ai-generated human profile pic
>>
>>100133583
I don't even have a Github avatar
>>
>>100133481
Tranime girl syndrome
>>
>>100133481
programming cartoons
>>
File: 1699273443692352.png (30 KB, 398x409)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
https://save-nix-together.org/
>We have heard from multiple people in multiple unrelated contexts that they are hoping for a hard fork of the entire community over the continued inaction on the toxic culture in the Nix project. We would like to avoid this, and the first step to dismantling that culture is removing those perpetuating it from positions of significant authority in the process of making CppNix, NixOS, NixCon, and the Foundation safe places to be.

>Eelco Dolstra is the creator of Nix and CppNix, wrote his PhD thesis on Nix, and has developed the project a lot in its early years. He has made very significant contributions to the project and a lot of its success today can be attributed to his work, for which we are very grateful.

>However, he exhibits several corrosive social behaviours that have created a culture that directly led to today’s governance problems, which are an existential risk to the continued viability of the project as a going concern — especially the years-long pattern of unforced errors by the NixOS Foundation. Although he holds no formal title of such, which is indeed symptomatic of the social problems, he tends to be the effective Benevolent Dictator for Life (BDFL) of Nix given his preëxisting social position in the project.

>Eelco’s leadership is deleterious to the project by him undermining authority of others, by him avoiding giving away authority and thereby disallowing community leadership to develop, by ignoring issues which he relitigates after discussion was done, and by holding undeclared conflicts of interest that pose serious risks to the Foundation and the Nix project as a whole.

INB-FUCKING-4 all this crap is all about this Eelco guy telling psychotic attention whores to shut the fuck up and contribute in a meaningful way instead of pushing tranny/diversity/CoCs/DEI/communism bullcrap.
>>
>>100132959
this letter is so poorly written. I still dont know what the fuck they are trying to say after reading the entire thing.
why cant they explicitly state what their problem is instead of "unwelcoming towards marginalized developers"?
the only part that made some sense was the sponsorship part
>>
>>100134819
>preëxisting
Tryhard
>>
>>100132959
>troonix
>>
>>100133481
would you rather see xier faces?
>>
>>100135298
it has to be vague otherwise it would be obvious that its bullshit
a fork would honestly be good for everyone
>>
Nix sounds interesting but it's a completely irrelevant project at this time, especially due to shitty documentation. These people are so far up their own asses. It doesn't need a hecking Foundation or any of this horseshit.
>>
>>100136328
Kek and troonpilled
>>
so what's this about
>Eelco’s leadership is deleterious to the project by him undermining authority of others, by him avoiding giving away authority and thereby disallowing community leadership to develop, by ignoring issues which he relitigates after discussion was done, and by holding undeclared conflicts of interest that pose serious risks to the Foundation and the Nix project as a whole.
ah it's just commies trying to steal something again

i don't even know what kind of faggot eelco is, but i'm entirely certain these queers are worse
>>
tl;dr
Did he murder someone? Surely nothing else could justify a wall of text like that.
>>
>>100132959
tldr head of the project is making trannies seethe. Makes me love nix even more.
>>
>>100132959
>>100133219
Middle finger to you, Forever!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.