[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bae.png (482 KB, 600x583)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>
>40 new levels
>10 bucks if you have original

can't wait for 12h of Jon's rants in dev commentaries
>>
I was about to post that it wasn't that old to warrant rerelease but damn, arcade indies era was 16 years ago?
>>
I love cocaine
>>
crazy how well that game aged
>>
>>100133135
you can say whatever you want about jon but he really is serious about making good things that last.
>>
>>100133135
braid was never good.
>>
>>100132680
who cares
where's Fez 2
where's Miegakure
>>
>>100134939
>Fez 2
Fish was taken out by the Yakuza.
>Miegakure
If it was gonna happen it would have happened by now. Let go of the dream.
>>
>>100132680
There ain't no point to da game you just jump around n shiet
>>
>>100135005
But enough about The Looker.
>>
>>100132680
>basic 2d scroller with basic time reversal mechanic gets slight graphical update after a trillion years
Lmao is this all this nigga is capable of?
>>
In all honesty Blow's games are shit. He just got famous for being on that minidoc with Phil Fish and someone Notch which was interesting in itself but Braid and The Witness were shit tier. People that buy his trash are into some weird online persona worship
>>
>>100133350
t. jealous pajeet
>>
>>100135092
i can understand the success braid had because at the time standards for mainstream indie games were rather low, but the witness was 100% artsy fartsy bullcrap with gameplay that looked ripped off from some flash game
>>
>>100135027
>>100135092
I'm beginning to detect shill activity...
Why do you niggers hate Blow?
>>
>>100132680
Isn’t this the faggot who shat on Japanese games?
>>
>>100135204
>shitty 2d game from 12 years ago
>static puzzle game walking sim with TF2 tier graphics that runs like shit
>nothing of note made in almost a decade other than complaining on stream
>somehow heralded as a good programmer people should listen to
>>
uh oh the blowjob defense force is coming out of the woodwork
>>
>>100135201
Just because everyone hated your game doesn't mean you should try to shit on actually good indie devs. You just look sour bro.
>>
>>100135264
>>nothing of note made in almost a decade
And what have you done?
A lot less than that I'm guessing.
>>
>>100135288
>his games are not optimized
>his games push zero boundaries
>his games' source code is not available so we don't know how "elegantly" and "robustly" they are programmed
>made 2 games in 20 years
Again, why should we listen to him when there are plenty of people who have produced more and better shit?
>>
>>100135288
>you can't criticize loud faggots for being loud faggots unless you're famous
gb2facebook
>>
>>100135204
>>100135288
>if you never built a house… then you can’t criticize the architect!!!
Why do blowniggers always throw this and think they did something? It truly is mind boggling that Eric Barone or Toby Fox didn’t get the admiration they deserved but that this reinventing the wheel nigger gets an audience. Is there a Blow shilling discord group with the same group of faggots? Is it paid? I’d like to join the shill team.
>>
>>100135264
if you don't think The Witness' lighting is beautiful, then, like, you just don't know anything about graphics man. seriously. and the non-faked legit-rendered reflections are also very pretty. of course they're not just there to look good (spoiler alert, i guess)
>>
>>100135092
Didn't even know he made both of them and I found them fun. Braid was probably one of my first games on the Xbox Live Arcade so it holds pretty heavy nostalgia.
The Witness was a fun puzzle game but tried to do the philosophical style of The Talos Principle but just did it so many times worse.
Also the Princess in Braid being an allegory for the Manhattan Project did blow my mind 16 years ago.
>>
>Not Recommended
>I love Blow's puzzle in term of novelty, creativity, thinking out of the box, etc. All the good thing that make puzzle genre charming. However, I also dislike, or to use the more correct word, hate some puzzle that's've gone too far. Especially that one f*king hidden star that you MUST complete it by intentionally misplace the jigsaw asap, otherwise it will became impossible to get later (once the jigsaw is correct, you can't disassemble them). Not to mention that there's another star that need you to do nothing IRL for two hours straight.
>Play it to witness the remarkable moment in the gaming history of the indie puzzle genre, if you are into game design and/or want to make some great puzzle game yourself. But don't expect anything polished or pleasantly time spent here.
lol at this guy. First of all neither of those stars are compulsory. They're only for 100% completionists who want the "good" ending which they, personally, don't deserve.
>>
>>100135376
braid was okay but the witness was one of the most boring games i've ever played and it was buggy as shit
reminder that some cheeky cunt made a parody of the witness as a free unity game and it's unironically a better game in its own right
>>
>>100135314
>>100135359
>>100135360
Go ahead and criticise him. I know barely anything about him. Have played one of his games & know he makes coding blog videos.
But none of you have really achieved or performed anywhere near his level, so either subconsciously or consciously, I think you are sour. Both of his games have a very good reputation and reviews on Steam (which is shit BTW). He's come up with and implemented numerous concepts which I consider to be very innovative so off the bat you are in a losing position on an Anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>100135432
whatever jon go release jai
>>
>>>/v/
>>>/vg/
>>>/b/
>>
>>100135432
>omg dude listen to this bald nigga he is sooooo right about programming!!! he says modern programmers don't care about performance and write horrible code!
>does he write high performance elegant code?
>w-well i don't know....
Lmao
>>
>>100132680
wait, this is a game by the meme twititer guy you all love to post about being wrong? i though he was retarded enough to just be a twitter guru with no real work. i mean it looks like a shit game i will never buy even never pirate but still....
>>
>>100135468
I don't listen to or read his blog.
>>
>>100135470
It's a fucking good game DESU.
>>
>>100135486
>i know nothing about this person but everyone who doesn't like him is obviously jelly
>>
>>100133135
Not really considering games don't age.
>>
>>100135539
>games don't age
Are you an indian by any chance?
Fucking moron...
>>
>>100135501
i open the page, i see it is a platformer, i know it is shit.
>>
>>100135501
and if you are gonna shill it that much, pay me to play it. i will not play it even if it is 0. may try it for 10$
>>
>>100135586
Portal is a platformer.
>>
>>100132680
Buying multiple copies just because Jon hates leftists.
>>
>>100133027
I don't know why you're so salty.
If you already have the game I think that's a pretty good deal whether you like the game or not.
>t. I don't have a copy of the game so I can't comment on it's quality or lack of.
>>
>>100132680
Dunno who that is
Also >>>/v/
>>
>>100135643
Also a shit game
Your point?
>>
You're talking nonsense, anon. Get a good night of sleep and come back focused, calm and ready to have a meaningful conversation..
>>
>>100135692
No salt in that comment.
>>
>>100135710
>Blow
You new here?
>>100135719
Every game would be shit according to you? What do you like? FPS? That's the only good category? KYS. Your brain is insufficient to solve the intro puzzles thus you miscategorize it as shit.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/v/674235687

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.