[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PBPfront.jpg (43 KB, 800x800)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Does anyone own one of these? How suitable would it be for streaming video? Should I just get a chromebook/thinkpad instead?
>>
>>100132120
>12 YO cores
>4Gb RAM
It will crash and burn before OBS launches.
>>
>>100132120
>rk3399 cpu
>zero support for any modern encoding
>weak af because its a 2016 tablet soc
>>
Pine64 lost all the momentum they had going for them a few years ago. Amazing.
>>
>>100132120
yes I have one
>streaming video
just get a chromebook
>>
>>100132120
I have one, it's fine for watching local video but I haven't tried streaming because I don't do that. The trackpad, however, is the laggiest piece of shit I ever used, it makes the whole machine pretty much unusable.
>>
>>100132516
>Pine64 lost all the momentum they had going for them a few years ago.
What momentum?
>>100132120
Its basically a Chromebook. Touchpad sucks and has only 4gb of ram so if you don't use tiling wms then you're gonna have a bad time. It's basically the newest laptop you can run full freetard OSs and kernels on, and not want to kill yourself on though. Other than the wifi module of course.
>>
>>100132120
Why not get a pinetab instead?
>>
>>100133987
I was thinking about that too. Are those generally better?
>>
>>100132120
Just use your fucking phone. The average phone has as much memory and speed as a freaking chromebook/thinkpad. So what's the point?
>>
>>100134003
I have no idea but on paper the pinetab 2 should be okay for media consumption.
>>
>>100134003
>>100134056
>It is capable of playing YouTube videos though high cpu usages
Just read this about the pinetab so it might work but it'll probably not be ideal.
>>
>>100134024
I want to stream sports while I'm outside grilling and occasionally bring it into my garage so I can watch videos while I'm using my workbench
>>
>>100132120
For $200 you can get an Android tablet from wallmart or bestbuy that would be 10 times more performant.
>>
>>100134118
a $20 firestick can do that
this has to be one of the least successful advertising threads this week
>>
>>100134347
>a $20 firestick can do that
except I don't have a TV outside or in my garage. and I would have to pay for a gorillion subscription services because firesticks can't stream from browser.
>>
>>100134392
firesticks run kodi which combined with a4kscrapers can scrape and instantly play back any piece of media in existence
also iptv support so you can watch gay men tackle each other grabbing balls
how did you even find the tech board
>>
>>100134434
I've owned 2 firesticks and both of them are chinese garbage that struggle to stream video. IPTV subscriptions are also a recurring cost, and in my experience are not as reliable as streaming from 3rd party websites.
if you don't know what you're talking about you don't need to chime in.
>>
I own two and I don’t generally use them for media consumption, I use postmarketos and sway the most slim and performant alpine based distro for it and it’s still kinda piss poor with trannyfox it can do movies and audio but don’t expect good performance without dumbing down the stream quality build quality is rather chinky too probably tear itself in half from opening and closing the lid
>>
>A Powerful, Metal and Open Source ARM 64-Bit Laptop for Work, School or Fun.
>Fun
Mhmmm.
>>
>>100132120
I have one. It is garbage for streaming video. It gets molten hot, struggles to do even 720p, and it lasts like 30 minutes on battery power. Oh and it takes 12 hours to charge. I'm not even joking. Its a laptop for enthusiasts, not for normies. Don't get a Chromebook either though, they suck.
>>
>>100134760
Damn that sucks. Why do all good looking slick laptops suck so badly?
>>
>>100134097
>>100134760
that sucks but it's not surprising.
>Don't get a Chromebook either though
so just get a thinkpad? I'm mostly hesitant because I don't trust the battery life on them and I don't know how well they would handle the heat/humidity they'll have to endure.
>>
Its good if you want to experiment with arm development, but for actual use its better to get Asahi on a Macbook air instead.
>>
>>100134760
Don't forget that it can actually LOSE power while using it with some semi heavy load even plugged in.

>>100135591
Thinkpay or just pick up a cheap Asus L210

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.