[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bankruptjewtube.png (4 KB, 225x154)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Given the recent overzealous crackdown on adblockers on Youtube I think a reality check is in order. If a siseable Youtube population could move to Bilibili to watch content it would hurt Youtube and Google. Google think they are hot shit because they are a monopoly well it's time to show them a lesson. Post your extensions/add-ons to make Bilibili more manageable for non-Chinks.
>>
why this one instead of the multitudes of other youtube clones
>>
>>100130327
Because China obviously makes these people seethe uncontrollably and they can't label the Chinese to be extremists and emasculate them like the do other western platforms like Bitchute, Odysee and whatever other western platform you can think off. By now it's obvious these platforms are not going to hurt Google and Youtube. The fact you even ask this is baffling.
>>
You need a bilibili account to watch videos in 1080p. You do not need a youtube account to watch videos in 1080p. Unless there's a bb-dlp I'm not watching anything uploaded to this site.
>>
>>100130389
Youtube is throttling videos
>>
File: firefoxlanguages.png (102 KB, 602x898)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
Firefox doesn't translate Chinese or Japanese websites for that matter.
>>
>>100130196
Ad blockers still work best logged out. When Google started this shit a few months ago I switched webmail providers and logged out of Google forever. I'm building a HTPC to replace my Roku so I won't see ads on my big screen either.
>>
Best webpages translator
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/traduzir-paginas-web/
>>
>>100130196
Bili tries to strongarm creators to hand over IP rights to the Bili owners and have led troll groups against those who refused so that's never going to happen.
>>
>>100130686
Youtube does the same and it is well documented. Where are your sources.
>>
>>100130751
>Where are your sources.
Being around for when they attempted to do so with Hololive by demanding that their channels were to be managed by Bili employees and the company pulling out of China as a result.
>>
>>100130774
Youtube does strikes your channel down and uploads your videos on other channel to keep the monetization up under a Topic channel.
>>
bili is unusuable without an account, which wasn't a big deal until recently:
now they want identity verification
it's a huge bummer because for /3/ it's an incredible resource for paid tutorials
>>
I'm checking this script later
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/453037
>>
>already have sites like bitch ute, odysee, rumble, gab tv
>suggest a chinese website instead
???? Culture warriors are genuinely retarded.
>>
>>100130751
This doesn't happen. What documentation?>>100130811
The only place this happens is with reuploads of music. The topic channel version is better anyway since it's given a considerably higher bitrate and audio quality. You only have to do slightly more work to get an uncensored copy of a song if you're listening to something mainstream enough to have a censored and "parental advisory" release.
>>
>I'm tired of censorship
>suggests chinese site
OP are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>100130196
>If a siseable Youtube population could move to Bilibili to watch content it would hurt Youtube and Google.
Lol... Lmao even. You guys are so fucking underage it hurts to even browse this website anymore.
>>
>>100130196
fuck off chang
>>
>>100130478
time to learn Chinese
>>
>>100130196
bilibili requires you to log in to get above 360p
never gonna happen
>>
>>100130196

there is a handy firefox extension that disables youtube's anti-adblock detection

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-anti-adblock-popup/

you can install it on firefox nightly for android if you put the app into debug mode and create a mozilla account to import your collection.

youtube can't do shit so long as you're not a content creator.
>>
bilibili is a silly name, nobody wants to speak this word out loud, it is hopeless
>>
>>100130196
That site is filled with edgy retarded chinese zoomers. Highly toxic culture and I would recommend against it
>>
>>100130196
Tiktok was more than enough. Hence the stupid ban movement.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.