[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6687.jpg (176 KB, 1080x1239)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
What are your best arguments against rust
>>
ugly ass logo.
>>
>>100129400
I have none.
I kneel to le tranny crab.
>>
>>100129430
Do u also suck their cocks
>>
File: img-2024-04-22-15-29-06.png (963 KB, 1200x598)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
>taylor swift on security
>>
I don't really have much arguments against rust, only against cargo.
>>
Use the unsafe code block?
>>
>>100129460
Yes, it's hot.
I'm trans btw.
>>
>>100129400
If you need to argue then it's not a useful language. If it's good, people will flock to it.
>>
>>100129400
Almost everything I need to do for my job is provides C++ libraries and documentation and Rust is another hoop I need to jump through via f.e. bindgen and I got no time for that. My C++ programs just work and systemd restarts anything if it crashes (it doesn't)
>>
>>100129400
any sufficiently advanced machine that can program itself will write its own security bugs.
>>
>>100129400
Trannies
>>
>>100130088
it works until it doesn't. most you zoom zoom niggers weren't around when GNU decided to flip the script and transform the C++ ABIs and a bunch of shit code started breaking.

now that EL7 is soon to be DoA, I imagine another wave of broken shitware will start showing up when people target EL8/9.
>>
>>100129400
HOLY FUCKING BASED!
>>
>>100129460
Crabs have cocks?
>>
>>100129400
There are plenty of exploits that don't involve memory safety. Rust hyper focuses on the one thing that it can do and pretends it's the be-all and end-all of computer security. The majority of exploits these days are flaws caused by bad code issuing dangerous SQL queries, writing unsanitised data to unsafe files and directories, sending data to sockets specified by user data, etc. etc.
Rust can't protect you against stupid code. And there's plenty of stupid code being written every day. Who gives a fuck that rust doesn't have strcat when the idiot at the keyboard allows filepaths to be specified by unchecked POST data?
>>
>>100130193
>um rust fixes a lot of issues, but not all issues, so it's le bad
people like you are so dunning-kruger it's insane.
>>
>>100129400
I'm too lazy to learn it

>>100130211
programmers in general are like that kek
>>
>>100129400
What does Rust do better than other languages? I don't know and I don't care. 100% of my needs are met by C#, C, and whatever they call the Arduino language.
>>
>>100129400
cniles lost, Rust won!
>>
>>100129400
Rust Foundation
>>
>>100129400
The fact that a demographic known for mental illness seems to have a biased preference for Rust is a pretty big red flag for it honestly.
>>
SwiftonSecurity is an unfunny faggot.
Rust is a troon language.
I don't need to justify myself, I am objectively correct.
>>
it's an ugly and poorly designed language
>>
>>100129400
99% of all projects do not benefit from the additional guarantees, and for the remaining 1% lack of qualified manpower is a much bigger issue.
It's a bit like C# nullables that resulted in every pajeet spamming ? to silence warnings without thinking, even in MS official libs you now see method calls that are guaranteed to never return null yet have a nullable return type.
>>
>>100129400
trannies in charge of the language are going to run it into the ground like everything trannies get ahold of
>>
File: tirerot.jpg.jpg (258 KB, 1200x1012)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>100129400
>secure this
>>
>>100130193
Posting in a bait thread but
>Rust hyper focuses on the one thing that it can do and pretends it's the be-all and end-all of computer security.
Come on now
Rust considers memory safety the minimum, not the maximum
The whole reason we're not still using BASIC and COBOL is to be able to focus our debugging efforts closer to where bugs actually manifest instead of having to examine literally every line of code that runs on a computer
Stack/heap corruption takes us back to spaghetti code hell where a bug can come from anywhere
If you get out again, you still have to debug your code, but you have to get out first, and that requires memory safety
>>
>>100129400
>it's unhackable
these words have been spoken many times throughout history by absolute idiots

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.