[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thinking about starting a new messaging app project.

>p2p
>Changing public keys via NFC

Please share some ideas about other features or some technical aspects to note.
>>
File: 178447237248628.gif (272 KB, 498x498)
272 KB
272 KB GIF
>>100127515
So make in encrypted, but booby trap the backdoor you are forced to give out. So that no one can enter it. Meaning if used it will cause chaos and destruction.
>>
>>100127515
>Changing public keys via NFC
Elaborate on this. A public key is tied to a physical NFC card? You tap your NFC device to receive a new public key?
>>
>>100129949
I'll not make any backdoors at all. All end-to-end encrypted no compromises on that.

>>100130860
There is a button that says new contact and then you click your phones with your friend and then they exchange the keys and the address.
>>
>>100127515
I am not sure if it is even possible. how do you expect this to be p2p? Do you want to constantly meet every single contact they have directly and exchange data or is it supposed to be some hybrid system? There are dozens of P2P apps out there already. If you want something locally, there are mesh networks like reticulum. If you have /x/ level paranoia, just use one time pads.
>>
>>100131522
I don't need this app for real, but I thought it might be a funny project to try in the summer when I have lot of free time. If I got it working it would probably just be an inside joke between me and few friends.
But if this gets to some serious thing I would have no idea how that would work. Probably new 'friends' could just ensure public keys from others so there is no fear of the man in the middle, like if they share like 100 friends.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.