[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: alfie.jpg (488 KB, 1200x800)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
I'm a CS intern. Our boss makes all employees fill out every week an excel file kinda like an activity report where we fill out what we were doing on every working hour of every working day.
I've had other CS jobs in the past and this is the first time I'm encountering this. It's pretty shit desu. Ever encountered something similar in your career?
>>
>>100127366
Yes, during an internship as well at a foundation run by one of our professors. But it was on paper. We just met at the end and made some bullshit up. The professor told us what to write in basically.
>>
>>100127366
that sounds awful, sorry. shit like this really impairs my work personally (everything atomized into a collection of 1-hour bugman "activities").
>>
Yes.
It's a really shitty HR concept where the HR guy makes you waste your time to justify an arbitrary decision he has already taken.
He has already formed an opinion about its employees works and performances.
But now, he wants them to self-incriminate themselves to give him the pretext he needs to fire someone.
>>
>>100127366
I had to do this when I did defense contracting, because every penny has to be charged to a specific contract. It was stupid, and strangely enough, there was no contract to charge for the time wasted filling it out. It's a lot like the US tax system in that the IRS knows exactly what you owe or what they owe you, but they're gonna play a little game and make you report it yourself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.