[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (13 KB, 726x79)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
> GNOME has picrel in code of conduct, and posts about BLM
> Debian is the devil of community-driven distros (see disguised.work) and has led developers to suicide
> Redhat removes Blacklist and Whitelist for being "racist", fires engineers to hire a diversity team, posts about BLM
> Fedora and many other Linux distros' discord servers having an LGBT flag background
> Suckless.org got cancelled for walking with torches in the night "like nazis"

So which distros are still fine nowadays? How about the Desktop Environment?

Am I the only one being very annoyed about politics being pushed on me by software engineers? Can't they just make good software for everyone, and not make a whole LGBT+ BLM Branding around it? I feel like they're forcing down my throat and it doesn't feel good.

Also, what are some based distros and DEs?
>>
>>100126976
>Debian is the devil of community-driven distros (see disguised.work) and has led developers to suicide
What
>>
File: linusmintisrael.jpg (199 KB, 957x421)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>
>>100126976
>Suckless.org got cancelled for walking with torches in the night "like nazis"
Wtf?
Here in Norway it’s common to have your kids walk with torches in the night through your neighborhood around Christmas time. What is wrong with amerimuttoids?
>>
>>100127012
Hitler drank water too you nazi scum
>>
>>100126992
There are 972 Debian Developers listed with the status "Debian Developer, uploading". These are people considered to be active.

When people resign/retire, their status is changed to "Emeritus". There are 449 Debian Developers with status Emeritus.

The status "Removed" is distinct from the status "Emeritus". There are 272 Debian Developers with status "Removed". This list includes people who have died, it includes victims who have been disappeared and it includes people who have failed to respond to any attempts to communicate. Some of these people may have been participating under a fake identity. Some of them may have become fed up with the politics and walked away without saying goodbye. Some of these 272 people that we can't account for may have joined the suicide cluster.
>>
>>100126976
Unironically gentoo. No systemd bullshit, everything compiled from source and a ports like tree like $GOD intended
>>
I'm sticking with basedBSD
>>
>>100126976
>>100126992
>>100127043
OP is a faggot as usual and focuses on political reasons but the truth is Debian and Red Hat and their derivatives were always shit. Any GNU/Open Source Linux distribution that 1) doesn't have gcc in the default install, 2) doesn't installed development headers for all installed software by default is shit. The rule of thumb is the following: if I have something installed I should be able to compile something without extra steps and also update it and extend it. Only gentoo >>100127057 and the *bsds fit this rule. Binary package distribution was the biggest mistake in Linux ever.
>>
I found that simply not engaging with people's politics is very freeing. I don't care what any FOSS developers opinions on social issues, just give me the free code.
>>
File: file.png (85 KB, 945x329)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>100127012
> annual suckless torchlight hike
> One month after unite the right so Wikifags and amerimutt think they're nazis
>>
>>100127121
OP here, you're extremely based. Gentoo is a hassle to use though. Any way to make it more user-friendly? I like my Fedora-KDE install and I'm not sure I'll be able to get the same with Gentoo. Never looked into BSDs
>>
>>100126995
Wo basically the list goes like :
> Debian and derivatives
> RedHat stuff and derivatives
> Linux Mint (already included in Debian derivatives)
> GNOME

So your recommendations would be KDE and Gentoo or Arch I guess?
>>
>>100127356
Funtoo
>>
>>100127381
what? Hating Israel is based
>>
>>100127171
How free is the software still if its terms of use is "must have same brain damage as developer"?
If you want to push politics start some political movement instead of tacking it on to something unrelated in hopes of dragging uninterested people along with your bullshit.
"Everything is political" is the biggest brainrot out there.
Everything is political but only as long as you subscribe to whichever currently trending ideology, it's always the same people pushing for this, why do they have to be such insufferable fags.
>>
>>100127565
I don't bring my politics into development so in the chance I want to contribute code I will probably just submit a pull request and keep any comments pretty academic/formal in nature. I don't care if some communist bearded woman accepts the pull request as long as it makes it upstream.
>>
>>100127441
Yes, Fuck Pallywood
>>
>>100126976
Red Hat, Fedora and IBM leaks all show they're extremely anti-white to the point of parody. Their internal documents claim that the ancient Greeks learned all their spirituality and written language from black africans and their post-leak Slack messages showed them defending it all.
They're also 100% in breach of the civil rights act as they themselves confirm that they tie KPIs to not hiring whites and asians and have fired numerous people for refusing to do so.

Basically they're as evil as you get.
>>
>>100130403
yeah but this is not even the tip of the iceberg for IBM
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ibm-slapped-federal-civil-rights-complaint-after-racist-ceos-obviously-illegal-hiring
>>
>>100126976
It's weird how racism has not only come back stronger than it was in the 60's but it's infiltrated tech which is supposed to be more common to find intelligent people.
>>
>>100126976
I'm a literal Marxist and I don't care.
>>
>>100130524
My IQ is 133 (WAIS-IV tested with a real psychologist) and I don't like brown and black people.
>>
File: laughing giraffe.jpg (82 KB, 500x600)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>100127320
>look it up
>find post of attendee defending it
>peak 2017 cuckservative insecurity time capsule
>bonus points for unironically saying "cultural marxism"
Well fuck I knew suck"""less""" was retarded, but not THAT retarded. Now I know why Luke Sisterfucker Smith loves them.
>>
File: debian.png (1 MB, 2133x1200)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>100126976
> Debian is the devil of community-driven distros (see disguised.work) and has led developers to suicide
were they trannies?
>>
>>100131664
Xhey were coders, of course they were
>>
>>100127121
not every machine needs a compiler
these days people use computer for much more than just programming
baka desu senpai
>>
>>100127069
no games + cuck license
>>
>>100126976
KDE on Ubuntu/Arch/Mageia/OpenMandriva seem safe
>>
Mint makes jews seethe and that's enough for me
>>
>>100127012
Medieval people were nazis?
>>
>>100130403
>Their internal documents claim that the ancient Greeks learned all their spirituality and written language from black africans and their post-leak Slack messages showed them defending it all.
Source?
>>
>>100127121
t. legit retard
>>
>>100126992
>disguised.work
So this is what they're doing instead of keeping packages up to date.
>>
>>100127012
If you're White you're Racist, it's that simple.
>>
>>100135312
nayrt but I remember seeing that in one of the videos showcasing it I think from Lunduke, there's even a picture to go with it I think
>>
File: 1696838228365900.png (876 KB, 1920x1080)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>100126995
>>
>>100127121
Nigga, with apt you can install all the packages you need to compile something in the repos with a single command. I don't have the fancy stuff that Gentoo offers, but there isn't absolutely anything stopping me from compiling software. It's just like on Slackawre, in fact.
>>
File: 1699544056432974.jpg (46 KB, 596x726)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>100135312
>Source?
Red Hat's "Allyship Kickoff".
Pic related.
>>
>>100135312
>>100136584
https://lunduke.locals.com/post/5515022/the-entire-leaked-red-hat-allyship-kickoff-presentation-unedited-uncensored

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.