[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1707849828806282.jpg (79 KB, 569x606)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Why does an imageboard need javascript?
>>
An imageboard might use JavaScript mainly to enhance the user experience and interface. Here are a few reasons why JavaScript is useful on an imageboard:

1. Dynamic Content Loading: JavaScript allows for asynchronous data fetching, meaning the page can load new images or posts without having to refresh the entire page. This makes browsing faster and smoother.

2. Interactive Features: With JavaScript, users can interact with the page more dynamically. Features like expanding thumbnails to full-size images, toggling visibility of elements (like spoilers or detailed info), or live previews of post formatting can be implemented easily.

3. Form Handling and Validation: Before submitting forms, like when uploading images or posting comments, JavaScript can validate input on the client side. This reduces errors and server load, as incorrect or incomplete forms can be corrected by the user before being sent to the server.

4. Notifications and Real-Time Updates: JavaScript can be used to add real-time notifications for new posts or updates to threads, enhancing the community and discussion aspects of an imageboard.

5. User Interface Enhancements: Things like drag-and-drop uploads, sorting and filtering posts, or customizing the layout can be managed through JavaScript, making the site more responsive and tailored to user preferences.

Without JavaScript, an imageboard would still function but would be less responsive and interactive, requiring more page reloads and less dynamic content handling.
>>
>>100126899
nigger
>>
>>100126876
I look like that and do that
>>
>>100126876
it doesn't, it makes it more convenient.
i was planning on writing one that doesn't use js, but abandoned it
>>
>>100126968
same
here is your favicon notification
>>
File: tired.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>100126876
Better question :
Why does a law abiding citizen need to know about such things?
>>
>>100126876
Inline reply is pretty good.
I remember the old days.
>>
I'm a notorious phoneposter so none of that js gets executed, just open source code from my 4chan posting app.

It's free as in freedom.
>>
>>100127026
>but abandoned it
Why?
>>
>>100126899
gpt poster is the only good /g/ poster: change my view
>>
>>100127140
it was one of my first projects in go, wanted to see how much good functionality i could replicate with just clever html and css.
lost interest
>>
>>100127150
Copying and pasting text from ChatGPT onto a message board can be detrimental because it may violate copyright laws or the terms of service of the platform. Additionally, without proper attribution or context, the copied text may appear disjointed or out of place, potentially leading to misunderstandings or confusion among other users. Furthermore, relying solely on copied text can inhibit critical thinking and engagement with the material, as it doesn't encourage original thought or synthesis of ideas.
>>
>>100127207
>can inhibit critical thinking
lol
who's gonna tell mr. GPT?
>>
>>100127026
i know 3 people who did that and seen similar posts numerous times
it seems obsessing over minimalism and abandoning projects is a pattern
>>
>>100128111
True minimalism in code is simply just not writing any

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.