[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710998455898155.png (215 KB, 463x453)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
Where is my freedom? Where are my old forums? Where are my flash games? Where are all the self hosted sites? I'm tired of facebook, instagram, twitter, discord... Why am I here? Just to suffer. The internet is dying. Dying. Where's my internet3?
>>
1.5 billion Indians did this.
>>
>>100124061
I honestly blame discord
>>
>>100124061
>>100124073
>>100124112
smartphones
>>
>>100124112
I hope discord gets hacked and all convos get leaked and everyone is afraid to use it again
>>
>>100124061
it's here:
neocities

it's honestly the only soulful internet thing that managed to cheer me up in a long time...

I miss the forums too, and teamspeak.

now it's all that shitty discord everywhere.
>>
>>100124249
>implying anyone would care
lmao
>>
>>100125468
stfu underage b&
>>
>>100126051
Anon, what do you actually have against a no goyslop, no ads, no telemetry, no bloat, content based internet experience?
>>
>>100124249
Basically what happened last week and no one really cared
>>
>>100126365
>content
you and him are part of the problem, and i'm certain no original thought could be conceived between the two of you, even if you somehow combined your brains into one
i don't want to hear you talk about le saving da interwebs, it was fine until you came along
>>
>>100124061
It's still there and probably growing. But you don't really want to use any of them because you don't have the attention span to read and write, all the flash games suck compared to what you have in your steam library, you don't care about anyone or anything enough to read someone's blog etc. You're just feeling nostalgic for something you never had.

>internet3
Fuck off.
>>
>>100126428
oh you do not browse or use internet for content?

I bet you stare all the time at a blank page?
>>
>tranime
>>
>>100126586
I bet he does just like everyone else. He's also nostalgic for a past that never really existed and one that he would actually find too boring to go "back to". If he wants to have long, detailed discussions about basically anything, view, discuss, and contribute to art, or whatever else that's possible to do on the internet, that's perfectly doable. Just not on 4chan. And he can't find that kind of stuff, then he's either too stupid to benefit from it anyway, or doesn't actually care enough.
>>
>>100124112
>>100124249
>>100125468
I see a lot of anons repeat this. How can discord really "kill" anything? Websites don't redirect traffic, people direct themselves around the internet.

Is it the "old thing is unpopular" arguement?
>>
>>100126789
>How can discord really "kill" anything? Websites don't redirect traffic, people direct themselves around the internet.
You're entirely right, discord hasn't "killed" anything. The only thing one could say is that discord has passed the "critical mass" s.t. some people use it just because that's what most people use, that's what their friends use etc. But nothing's stopping anyone from going on IRC or exploring what Matrix servers have to offer.

>Is it the "old thing is unpopular" arguement?
It's just posturing and self-deception. There are many alternatives that are reasonably active.
>>
>>100126730
while this may be true, he still has a valid point.

we are currently in a state were search engines are less accurate and meaningful nowadays, than those crawled from Altavista.

if you try to search for anything a bit old or not mainstream you can understand.
>>
File: 1655910714232.jpg (654 KB, 1600x1959)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>100124061
Have you tried the Gemini protocol? No flash games but it might have what you are looking for.
>>
>>100124061
>Where is my freedom?
in your nearest gun store
>Where are my old forums?
still on forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19
>Where are my flash games?
still on newgrounds.com
>Where are all the self hosted sites?
still at lukesmith.xyz
>>
>>100128166
>>Where are all the self hosted sites?
>still at lukesmith.xyz
Of all the things to complain about not having self hosted sites is always the dumbest. Want more self hosted sites? Easy problem to solve, open vim and start typing.
>>
File: RBBB9819.gif (60 KB, 540x405)
60 KB
60 KB GIF
>>100124061
OP...
>>
>>100127755
redpill?
>>
>>100127593
This is true. "Search engine optimization" and AI generated garbage have increased the amount of rubbish so even using organic search engines doesn't save you from the spam. There are some ways to mitigate this like if you set up searx and just knowing how to exclude some matches and sites/find literal matches/search by filetype etc but the spam is still unavoidable.
>>
>>100128439
and this is exactly what it's wrong with today's internet. SEO words should be intentionally avoided in search engines since they are polluted beyond and fix
>>
File: 1713055767472370.png (196 KB, 384x406)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>100126531
>steam games were better
Retard
>you just feel nostalgic for something you never had
Shut the fuck up. I have been here since you were in your father body and even before 4chan was created. You retard whatever the fuck you are didn't even understand what you said. Zoomies alpha retards like you who only played vidia slops all day never gotten what has been lost from the internet. You fucking illiterated tranny dickhead of an animal.
>>
>>100128772
It's what happens when everything and everyone must optimize for profit, coupled with the fact that it's cheap and easy for anyone to put up anything on the web. But it's not an issue limited to the web, there's rubbish and spam literally everywhere.
>>
>>100124061
There's 1 big freedom in this world. And you must share it with everyone else.
Back in the 2000', you were owed 1:6.000.000.000th of a freedom.
Now, you're only owed 1:8.000.000.000th of it.
It's not going to improve.

You guys should have cheered for Thanos.
>>
>>100124061
We told you to download, but you wouldn't listen. When they told you to throw away your old computers you didn't question why. Each time a machine becomes "obsolete" it is your responsibility to hoard what you find important before taking it offline and blocking all ports/internet access, at least this way you would retain access to most things not requiring networked services.

Let me give a heads up to users who's "final version" will be (non-iot) Windows 10:
>Download what you care about
>Block all steam related ports three to fourth months BEFORE 10/14/2025.
>Take the computer offline and get a fucking chromebook to browse the internet
>Build another computer if you insist on using W11, but DON'T connect W10 to the internet again unless you want steam to update (yes, Gape/Valve resort to the same tricks as MS to forcibly update steam even if you plan to ahead of time, using wireshark/netstat to find out where steam connects to download updates, months BEFOREHAND.)
>Make backups

With Windows 7/8 MS started throwing W10 code into updates that came after the commercial/retail support period ended, iot versions of W10 will SURELY start throwing W11/W12 code into their patches ~6 months BEFORE 1/13/2032.
>>
>>100124061
Forums and personal websites are dead because you fucking zoomers are too lazy to use them. There, you wanted the truth, didn't you? You killed the internet when you all flocked to the most convenient platforms.

Where's your fucking personal website? Link that shit here.

>>100129132
Windows 10 isn't worth the hassle.
>>
>>100129132
>steam
Why are you even using this? Everything worth buying is on Gog or can be bought directly from the dev.
>>
>>100129210
>>100129260
There's a bunch of stuff gog doesn't have, and publishers retroactively implement new DRM when their sales bottom out. Capcoms newest DRM released recently, I have a computer with all their games before this stupid update, plus there are publishers that simply delist their original game (e.g. x game required Windows XP/7...) release to push a newer version requiring W10+ to play and always online bullshit launchers (Ubisoft/Rockstar...)
>>
>>100129132
I'm no shill, but all this just sound exhausting.
Wouldn't you just be better off migrating to Linux?
>>
>>100124249
We are talking petabytes of conversations. It would never happen
>>
>>100129326
>all examples from Triple-Gay developers
You get the slop you deserve
>>
>>100129399
You don't need to actually download the conversations so long you've a stable backdoor in place.
You could just cherrypick whatever you really need along the way.
>>
>>100128955
<steam games were better
>Retard
You can play all the flash games you want even today. But you never do that because they're fun for like 10 minutes max when they feed off of your nostalgia. Of course games in your steam library are better than someone's half-assed collage project.

Also, I'm almost certainly older than you so shut the fuck up with your eternal September larp. Nothing has really been lost. Websites and communities die, sure, but that's because people move on. But that's not what you're bitching about, what you mean is that the zeitgeist of your early days is on the web is gone. There's some truth to that but not really if you know where to look. People still put out interesting and thoughtful ideas, cool art, etc etc every day. All the same actual stuff is still there but what retards like you fail to realize is that what you're pining over isn't an objective state of things but an entirely imagined state of past contentment. You're just rotting in nostalgia because you failed to grow up and move on. You are fucking pathetic.
>>
>>100129398
Correct, but I simply point these things out for people who've already put a ton of money into Steam.

>>100129402
They're coming after old games now, it's not simply about avoiding AAA tranny games released after 2016.
>>
>>100129326
>There's a bunch of stuff gog doesn't have
Then don't buy it.
>>100129326
>publishers retroactively implement new DRM when their sales bottom out.
Then don't install it.
>>
>>100124073
As much as I hate indians too, it was americans ruining the internet. Most of india wasn't even online yet when it was already shit.
>>
>>100129869
I have no idea where this push to blame indians came from
It wasn't that long ago that it was accepted truth that the internet went to shit when the smartphone introduced it to the unwashed masses
And the smartphone wasn't an indian thing
>>
>takes 10 clicks to sign out of most services

grim
>>
>>100124061
>Where are my flash games?
ruffle and flashpoint
wiby.me search.marginalia.nu
>>
>>100124061
>Where is my freedom?
you gave it away to corpos
you aren't making any to submit to wiby.me
also this >>100133212
>I'm tired of facebook, instagram, twitter, discord...
stop using them then
>Why am I here? Just to suffer. The internet is dying. Dying.
and you're part of the problem

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.