[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Would this work for a white man?
>>
>>100121188
I mean I work in actuarial consulting and I'm white. I don't know any Indians in my company but goddamn there are a lot of Chinese people. Like 80% has to be Chinese, at least. And I'm white.
Also at "senior consultant" level you are expected to be bringing in new projects, which means developing relationships with clients within a few months and bringing in revenue. If someone can't do that (most analysts can't do that) it will be obvious within the first year and he'll be fired.
>>
>>100121188
The average person cannot estimate the age of another person across race boundaries.
>>
>>100121240
Also, on that note 145k is fucking low these days for a senior consultant. I'm assuming that's just base salary with a hefty bonus (120k+) or the story is bullshit.

Actually I'm in actuarial, so it's possible that 145k is a normal compensation package but it seems really low to me.
>>
Do americans not have a trial period at the beginning of employment where both parties can cancel the contract for any reason. Lacking 8 years of experience should be pretty obvious.
>>
>>100121188
After reading endless pajeet posts I can identify them by certain words they use
>referring to salary as package
>saying they "cracked" an exam
>saying they are a fresher
>>
I work for Deloitte in the consulting practice.
>>100121240
>Also at "senior consultant" level you are expected to be bringing in new projects
no you aren't. you don't even have write access in CRM until manager but sales targets don't start in earnest until senior manager
>>100121340
145k is right on the money. that doesn't include the AIP/bonus but its accurate for base salary at that level. SC is usually around 4 years of work experience and the level you're brought in at for MBA hires
>I'm assuming that's just base salary with a hefty bonus (120k+) or the story is bullshit.
lol, maybe in MBB but certainly not big 4
>>
>>100122538
Ah, ok. Where I work it goes
>Analyst
>Consultant
>Manager
>Senior Manager
>Principal
>Partner
I thought Senior Manager was basically the same as Senior Consultant, but maybe it's more different than I thought outside of actuarial. I'm at manager level myself in all this. Total comp for me is about 130k salary, 100k bonus.
>>
No, only indians and jews as long as your boss is also an indian or jew. The nepotism is fucking extreme.
>>
>>100121380
Lower end jobs do have this. It's legal to do this. Big companies like Deloitte will not do this. If you aren't performing at all, it will be very obvious to your colleagues within 3-4 months and you'll be put on a PIP and then terminated.
>>
>>100122677
There's like 4 different stages of "Principal" too.
>>
>>100121380
Dallas is in Texas, which is an at-will employment state. That, in turn, means that you can end the contract at any point and for any reason.
Him not being fired is collussion between him and his manager, who is probably both not being overseen and getting a kickback.
>>
>>100121240
idk sounds like an easy way to make 145k even if only for a year
>>
>>100121380
US is mostly at-will, so either party can end employment any time for any reason (except discrimination)
>>
>>100121240
>he'll be fired
Unless he's brown
>>
>>100121466
I feel like just the fact that he specified south Indian shows not only is he Indian but he's north Indian
>>
>>100123938
Good point
>>
>>100121188
>>100121240
I never got what these companies even do, what are you consulting for? I can Google everything I don’t know about and consult YouTube videos and 4chan threads and old reddit archives

What do these companies do that I can’t do on my own
>>
>>100124482
yes, consulting companies are a meme, but how would a boomer/zoomer know?
>>
>>100124482
They are not for small companies or individuals.
Consultants are professionals at giving permission (either moral or financial) to the manager class to do whatever they want.
Want to fire everyone and give yourself a raise? There's a consultant out there ready to make a report on how companies that do that are successful. Want to outsource your manufacturing to China and every non-sales job to India? You bet there's a consultant out there ready to make that exact recommendation.
It only costs 100k and a month of your time, and they'll sign it as if they had the idea, you're just following it.
>>
>>100121466
Pajeets talk weird like that

>referring to a call as a "bridge"
>referring to Excel workbooks as "tableaus"
>referring to you as "brother" as a complete stranger
>using gerunds in place of first person singular e.g. "Requesting you" in place of "I request from you"

Just some shit off the top of my head from work.
>>
>>100124519
They've also become a network for distributing sinecures among the elite. They all went to the same elite universities and institutions. They're interconnected through friendship and family ties to make sure only the "right" people are influencing decisions at the highest levels. In the private sector they're called "think tanks" which pretend to be a bit more serious and rigorous but are just as fraudulent.
>>
>>100124519
They're also useful for government managers to hide from any responsibility. Why build capacity within the public service when you can pay consultants to manage contractors? Even the planning can be left to consultant guidance on whatever topic is popular within the present zeitgeist of public institutions. In the end you're left mostly with "good communicators" in charge surrounded by comms staffers and each and every resulting failure in policy or execution must be a failure of messaging. The government managers themselves are doing an excellent job. Their consultant friends said so.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.