[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: best-of-ffmpeg.png (387 KB, 1396x1851)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
I gotta love ffmpeg for video encoding.
I am using Asus Rog Ally Z1 Extreme for watching anime, and I decided to give ffmpeg; to see if it's very slow to encode or not.
Turns out, it's actually decent to encode (or in some cases mid).

I used this set of batch command:
[@echo off]
[mkdir outputsz1]
[for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -hide_banner -hwaccel auto -i "%%a" -vcodec libx264 -map 0 -c:s copy -c:a aac -profile:v high -tune animation -preset veryslow -x264-params crf=23:aq-mode=3 "outputsz1\%%~na.mkv"]
[pause]

Using H.264 is better for me, since it's well documented as much as your mother with her amateur homemade videos.
>>
>>100116460
x264 and x265 has been obsolete for a while now. AV1 at least on x86 has been supported for a few years now. Even better svt-av1 has finally been ported to ffmpeg.

It's not just that AV1 is better but the keyframes it generated can be losslessly converted into AVIF images, which is kind of a huge deal.
>>
meds NOW
>>
File: you-rn.gif (86 KB, 200x165)
86 KB
86 KB GIF
>>100116783
>>
>>100116684
Dumb fuck like me; would rather stay within tradition and fap to some loli stuff.

If there is SVT-AV1 codes that you can share, I am willing to take the test to see if it works better or not.
>>
>>100116460
What's the point of re-encoding torrented anime? Just download a different torrent with a smaller filesize
>>100116684
If I re-encoded my video files every single time you fuckers found another amazing video codec that's the last one you'll ever need then I'd have done so half a dozen times by now
Compatibility > Image Quality > Filesize is the correct order of importance. I'd rather turn all my shit into RealMedia files than any flavor-of-the-month garbage.
>>
>>100116926
I did download the anime straight from SubsPlease, and its about like 1.5GB to 1.8GB per episode.
Those were downloaded while its airing, so I am not willing to wait for already encoded and smaller sized episodes; after its airing.
So that's fine, I'll do the encoding myself then
>>
>>100116898
ffmpeg manual should have it.

>>100116926
Nope, AV1 seems to be the real deal because of how it works with AVIF. Those 2 are like salt and pepper. I honestly can't see anything significantly bettet showing up for the next decade or so and even then it will remain relevant for the next few decades or so.
>>
>>100117088
nobody cares that you can extract keyframes to make still images without conversion
>>
>>100117718
>revolutionary new thing eludes the mind of the normalfag unless dumbed down 100X

Whoah. Anyway it's being hardware accelerated so it can be implemented at the OS level.
>>
>>100116684
Kill.
Yourself.
Daiz.
>>
>>100118091
why do you hate high quality 50-100 KB images so much?
>>
>>100118132
I don't, I hate you and your non-stop shilling for an image format.
>>
>>100118400
It's not really an image for though, it's a hybrid thing because it replace GIF as well not just JPG like other formats. Which as you've probably guessed it, you can extract "GIFs" from AV1 losslessly and mux them in an AVIF file.

The point is we have cool new toy for the web that still stay relevant for the next few decades AND we don't have to suck mpeg-la dick for it.
>>
>>100118550
Non.
Stop.
Shilling.
For.
An.
Image.
Format.
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>100116460
>dokidoki little oyasan
that anime is pretty niccce
>>
>>100119813
Never nutted so hard in my life to that breedably delicious landlord.
>>
>>100116926
>Just download a different torrent with a smaller filesize
These don't really exist. "smaller sizes" are still idiotic 250mb+ per episode with HEVC and stupidly high kbps audio.
>>
>>100119885
ikr anon, I know very well
>>
>encoding webdl anime
>>
>>100124063
considering he's using crf 23 x264 in current year, he doesn't care much for quality
also he's reencoding the audio for no reason
>>
I tried preset 8 SVT AV1 on OBS and it looks worse than using hardware HEVC am I doing something wrong?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.