[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: meme.png (237 KB, 900x1321)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>NoScript icon now hidden by default
>NoScript icon missing even from the main toolbar customization
>You need to open browser's main extension panel to enable NoScript icon
>NoScript by default allows everything
>Cross tab protection is 'enabled in incognito only' aka disabled by default
{they} really fucked themselves by including NoScript and now {they} are backpedaling hard. soon NoScript will get removed for 'your safety'.
>>
you supposed to disable js in about:config. extension there only in case of you "I REALLY NEED THIS POZZY SITE THAT REQUIRES JS TO ACCESS AS LAST RESORT" situation
>>
>>100116407
>'enabled in incognito only' aka disabled by default
TBB runs exclusively in incognito, dumb schizo.
>>
>>100116407
>>100116461
You shouldn't really be changing any aspect of the browser beyond the security level if your intent is to actually reduce fingerprinting. Now you stick out like a sore thumb because you couldn't leave shit alone.
>>
>>100116674
Btw, changing the security level changes noscript settings, which is to say OP is a faggot.
>>
>>100116674
>>100116698
>wants js enabled
glow harder
>>
>>100116734
Changing the security level, which is the one exposed setting you should be changing, not noscript, does disable javascript.
>>
>>100116674
>if you enable NoScript icon you stick out like a sore thumb
laughed at this

>>100116698
>you should NOT change the settings but oh wait actually you should
laughed at this too, funny shit.

this bundle has cancerous misleading defaults, you can cry all you want.
>>
>>100116784
If you want your browser to be more identifiable and easier to pick out of the crowd, "to own the feds", be my fucking guest. The feds don't even need to try to correlate your traffic to you, because you'll help them.
>>
That's a little annoying because sometimes I like to open NoScript just to check what scripts are/would be running on a site, but otherwise it's a non-issue, see >>100116503 >>100116674 >>100116698

What I don't understand about the Tor Browser is that the Safer security level is useless
>JavaScript is disabled on non-HTTPS sites.
>Some fonts and math symbols are disabled.
>Audio and video (HTML5 media), and WebGL are click-to-play.
All this does is make Safer easy to fingerprint (test it, Standard has better anti-FP than Safer) with no practical benefit to privacy or security. IMO, Safer should at least disable third-party JS.
>>
>>100116407
>>100116698
>changing the security level changes noscript settings
/thread
>>
Noscript should have never been included in the first place. It's a terrible add-on that everyone stopped using a decade ago
>>
>>100116503
Wrong
>>
>>100118429
>changing the security level changes noscript settings
why would you include an addon which allegedly blocks scripts, but by default does nothing?
why shouldn't i decide what happens when i change security level?
>>
>>100119777
>bump for your shitty thread veiled as a non-question
NEXT
/thread
>>
>>100119777
Tor depends on the extension for its security settings, just add security settings to the toolbar and never bother again.
Configuring noscript by yourself breaks the security model of tor since the customizations you make are traceable, it's better to use one of the pre-defined settings.
>>
File: 1657357748935.jpg (253 KB, 1516x1076)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>100116407
>soon NoScript will get removed for 'your safety'
Good, uMatrix is everything NoScript is but better.
>>
>>100116674
This comes up a lot but only matters if you visit sites would identify you, like using Facebooks onion site. I've never used their silly browser. I just proxy Microsoft Edge through a tor daemon and nobody can stop me. I never clear my cookies.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.