[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1702273039768680.png (478 KB, 500x750)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>rust is bad
>python is bad
>javascript is bad
>linux is bad
is he right?
>>
>bald sociopath techbro thread
>>
>>100114491
yeah
too bad his games are bad
>>
>>100114491
why would you lisen to these guru lunatics.
just use the best tool for the job
javascript/typescipt is great with frontend
python is alright for scripting
rust is good replacement for safe embedded
and linux is awesome for server stuff
>>
>>100114491
reminder that SOULJA absolutely BODIED this BALDING sokoban cloning NEPO BABY chud
>>
>>100114522
braid is good
>>
>>100114542
Unemployed
>>100114491
No he's retarded and lives in a bubble
>>
>>100114491
Yes. He is an easy target because he is fundamentally a pessimist within our current culture of eternal coping optimism and excuse making.
>>
>>100114491
how is nu windows better?
>>
>>100114491
Yes for all.
But he hates Linux for the wrong reasons. (Retarded winbab PEBKAC’ing)
Just wish he’d give up the facade of enjoying game dev and just start his revolutionary OS already.
>>
>>100114696
>just start his revolutionary OS already.
Did he make the logo already?
>>
>>100114696
>Retarded winbab PEBKAC’ing
what does this memeshit mean
>>
>>100114491
>another eceleb thread
Into the >>>/trash/ it goes
>>
>>100114736
It means he can't install Gentoo
>>
>>100114736
It's simple. Blowjob is a retarded larper.
>>
>>100114736
That you need to lurk for a few more years
>>
I hate programming
>>
>>100114511
jon is anything but a techbro
this guys ships one (admitedly high quality) thing every decade
>>
>>100114491

interesting how everything other than his products is bad
>>
File: gook_necktie_3d.gif (2.04 MB, 384x288)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>gook game bad
>>
>>100114491
Yes, he is.
>>
>>100116340
i think it was phil fish that said that
>>
File: twitter_interaction.png (211 KB, 1218x1156)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>100114491
He blocked me on twitter for correcting his math. On christmas he bought some book on random algorithms and started criticizing the book as if the author didn't know what he was talking about (the author is a professor of math at Harvard if I recall correctly). Made a bunch of false statements about how to verify matrix multiplication just multiplying n basis vectors is better than random sampling methods.
I corrected his math. As a result, he deleted his tweets and blocked me lol.
I like him but he probably has a bit of an inflated view of his own intelligence relative to others.
>>
>>100116340
>>100116375
Both did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw
>>
>>100116382
what is the point of blocking out your name anon? i found you in like 30 secs. just like, wondering what is the logic.
>>
>>100116382
I don’t really like the majority of textbooks so I can sympathize with his view. Also omw
>>
>>100116428
Not all niggers are black.
>>
>>100114542
This is such a bitch ass generic top reddit post first result google article website pussy answer
>>
File: 1572816054901.jpg (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>modern tech is so inefficient
>spends 10 years making a vidya gaym clone
>>
HE DONT EVER RUN OUT OF THE UHH GOIN BACK IN TIME POTION
>>
>>100116458
How did you find me?
>>
>>100116554
i just searched for your posts to verify that they're real lol
>>
>>100114491
right and based
>>
>>100114491
Man made 2 shit games, then decided to waste his time making an entire language (and all the other parts needed for it), and a shitty box pushing game, all while giving takes that the only the autistic contrarians here who don’t work would say.

Needless to say, just because this bundle of sticks says words, doesn’t mean they are worth anything, if anything he’s worse than a junior dev (especially given his “I will reinvent the wheel because it I don’t like like the current type” mentality that only <6 month devs have)
>>
>>100116382
What does he say? I don't have twitter so I can't even search for the posts.
Also what was the exact problem? Just comparing coefficients should be linear time so it's probably not that?
>>
>>100114491
>all his games are bad
Yes he's right.
>>
>>100114567
sauce?
>>
>>100116672
If I recall correctly it was about multiplying two polynomials together. Might be wrong though.
>>
>>100116672
dont have much context, but from my limited reading:
first one is probably him talking about just comparing coefficients instead of doing a randomized thing for comparing polynomials not realizing that they did mention that in the book and that it's not the point.
second part is him saying you only need to do n basis vectors for verifying matmul result thanks to linearity, missing the point is that the authors are trying to avoid that because it has higher theoretical complexity compared to a randomized thing (think of a really big matrix).
overall it's a classic case of jon dismissing ideas over-eagerly.
>>
>Well I would have just done everything simpler in a uniform way starting before either of us were born
It's that he has the balls to say this like it's not something most people think. The raw testicles
Then he builds an audience of people who want to hear stupid shit put smugly
>>
File: IMG_4071.jpg (284 KB, 1133x398)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>100114567
He never reacted to or said anything about some retarded rapper said about enjoying his game. What he did do, which many other people did when suddenly becoming e-famous in the early 2000s, was Google his own name too much and try to control his reputation as a bunch of angry leftist losers working in games journalism denigrated him for shit he didn’t say or wasn’t true about him. I don’t think this is anywhere near as damning as you’re making out.
I mean imagine a thousand neckbeard faggots like pic related (look at his avatar for fucks sake) all saying you’re rich and spoiled when your parents weren’t actually rich you’re basically self-made. Why you’d want to be on the side of gaming journalism right before gamergate exploded I have no fucking idea.
>>
>>100116382
>techbro is a brainlet
really makes you think
>>
>>100114491
the only person that will ever love him is his mother
>>
>>100114491
>no context
>no evidence
>just bait
Stop it
>>
>>100114696
Why do Linuxfags have such an inferiority complex
>>
>>100114491
Buy an ad
>>
>>100119829
It’s not a complex
Every time he goes on a rant about Linux it’s always embarrassingly PEBKAC things like M*nt being shit or false equivalencies like “NPM bad so every Linux package manager bad”. Or the usual “too many distros”.
He never goes into actual issues, he just armchairs and outsourced Linux dev to his employees.
>>
>>100119769
just search jonathan blow + [thing] on youtube and you'll probably find a clip of him saying it's bad
>>
>>100114491
Jonathan Blow is a pretentious pseudo-intellectual retard who thinks he's a genius because has the most contrarianfag tier opinions on just about anything when it comes to technology.
While he does say that these things you mentioned are bad, he also said that C/C++ was bad and that Windows was bad too.
He thinks he's smart and is above everything while all he has ever done is make some pretentious indie fart games and he's currently working so hard on that new Jai programming language (because C++ le bad, remember?) just to make a Sokoban clone.
>>
>>100120311
I don’t even like Jai but he primarily made it for ergonomics and comp time reasons slowing him down. Not because c++‘ had performance issues, it was about programmer time.
And he solved both of those issues for himself which makes Jai a success.
>>
File: 1688793646163676.jpg (19 KB, 338x424)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>100120355
>he solved both of those issues for himself
How the fuck do you figure that?
>>
>10 years ago

https://youtu.be/TH9VCN6UkyQ?list=PLmV5I2fxaiCKfxMBrNsU1kgKJXD3PkyxO
>>
>>100120383
Jai doesn’t have header/ source
It doesn’t have disgusting c++ syntax
And it has insanely fast (what should be normal) build times.
Those were the main complaints blow had.
It’s simply a better tool, which is the point of programming langs.
>>
>>100120408
is there any documentation on his language other than watching his streams?
>>
>>100120408
But he hasn't done anything with the language. Like seriously, think about it.
When can you say Jai saves programmer time compared to C++? When someone can create a nontrivial thing faster in Jai than C++.
Has Blowjob done that? Fuck no, it's been 8 years and he's still working on his stupid Sokoban game that would take one month in Unreal.
>>
>>100120441
There’s various public repos like ‘Jai-Community’
But you’ll have to join the beta for actual docs.
Last I checked he wasnt taking more people and is currently MIA on streaming (unless he went completely private/sub only which I doubt).
But if you have a repo or proof you actually make things, which is what he cares about. He might give you one if you email him.
>>100120441
He’s made a pretty elaborate and technically impressive game with a lot of custom tech. C++ would take hours to build his sokoban. While he can clean rebuild it in jai in a few seconds.
That’s why he isn’t using c++.
(Again I don’t even like Jai)
>>
>>100120408
header/source is really not a problem and anyone who sets out to "solve" it is tilting at windmills.
c++ syntax is actually pretty nice since about '17.
build times are a build tooling issue, not a language issue.

sounds like mr. blow may have wasted an immense amount of time for no reason.
>>
>bro it's so fucking awesome it's like better than sex bro but you can't use it because you're not special enough bro
I like Casey, but retards who worship Blow(job) are fucking delusional.
>>
Can't believe he's farming retards and gone MIA lmao
>>
>>100114491
>rust is bad
beyond based
>>
>>100120624
> header/source is really not a problem
It literally is. Which is why there’s entire books about avoiding added build times and dealing with header changes .
It’s why basically every new lang got rid of them.
>built tooling issue
Decades later and billions of dollars later and c++ devs haven’t even fixed it.
Sounds like a hard language issue.
You are knee-deep in the sunken-cost swamp.
>>
>>100120565
Whoops
>>100120482
>>
File: woman-internet.png (117 KB, 307x265)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>100114491
The first three I agree with.
I'm not so sure what his problem is with the linux kernel though. Perhaps he should make a video about it.
>Pic-kinda-related.
>>
File: 1351885870064.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>100120715
>It literally is. Which is why there’s entire books about avoiding added build times and dealing with header changes .
>It’s why basically every new lang got rid of them.
you think that we stopped using header/source files because it made build times too long? goodness.
>Decades later and billions of dollars later and c++ devs haven’t even fixed it.
CMake, meson, bazel all handle this issue where it matters (professional projects). if your toy projects honestly cared about improving their build times, they could adopt suitable tooling.

writing a new language has always been an ego project and sadly for mr. blow, it hasn't worked out. he's produced no actual software with it, no one has adopted it, and when he gives up it will be up to people like you to carry it forward. spoiler: it won't get far.
>>
>>100120825
You fix your slow build system by piling more build shit on top of an already bloated steaming pile of shit of a build system.
Do you "code" for M$ saars?
>>
>>100120825
> you think that we stopped using header/source files because it made build times too long?
It’s a major factor yes.
>cmake meson etc
Alll garbage
Can I compile LLVM/ GCC in under a minute on a decent machine?
No?
Then why?
Oh because c++ and all its tools are garbage. Which is why we are overflowing with new langs.
>>
>>100120871
i work on a project with ~10M lines. incremental builds are the only real solution at that scale, kiddo.

>>100120909
lol ok. build LLVM in blow's language and report back. i probably have another 30 years before i kick the bucket so i can wait.
>>
File: IMG_9710.png (254 KB, 900x806)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
Why is Rust bad?
>>
>>100120955
Bragging about LoC, and equating it to “realness” is also why c++ is a plague
>build LLVM
His game is infinitely more complex and its in seconds. Also Zig got rid of LLVM being mandatory and made it optional for a reason.
>>100120973
Hinging an entire language on abandoned theory like affine types is embarrassing.
Personally, reference capabilities are a better method. A bit more upfront cognitive load. But scales much better in both implementation and user-space.
>>
>>100121005
What is a reference capability method?
>>
File: 1713738782576595.png (173 KB, 528x438)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>100120955
>i work on a project with ~10M lines.
What type of project? It can't be FizzBuzz unless you're using Rust which could quite possibly exceed 10M LOC, but still. Tell us and be specific, champ.
>>
>>100121037
Basically qualifiers to types that limit them to being read/write only, unique/opaque, etc.
Check out Pony lang, and Sean. T Allen, and Sylvan Clebsch’s talks
>>
>>100121042
I'm making a library that contains all numbers from 0 to 9.999.990 million.
>>
>>100121114
Hi maid anon
>>
>>100121073
You mean mutability as a type hint?
>>
File: 11509879.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>100121114
Way to go champ!
>>
>>100121123
Goes beyond just ‘mut’, or var/val
You’re more “denying” what a variable or type can’t do. In order to obtain safety and soundness assertions.
Also helps greatly with concurrency and data sharing, as pony is an actor model language building on message passing.
https://tutorial.ponylang.io/reference-capabilities/reference-capabilities.html#the-list-of-reference-capabilities
>>
>>100116514
First result is usually right
>>
>>100114491
No, he is wrong
Rust, python, even JS are all good
Linux is good but so is Windows
Can any of them become better? Yes all of them can. Do they have fundamental flaws that cannot be fixed? Again yes all of them.
But they are not actually bad. Saying so is just whiny complaining.
>>
>>100121254
>it’s good that a programming language wastes your time and immense amounts of energy
>>
>>100121274
It's good that the language exists at all so that you can express your thoughts in it and eventually get the computer to do stuff for you. Don't be so full of yourself.
>>
>>100116514
>You must spread entertaining misinformation!!!!
Rope, stool, closet, now.
>>
>>100121316
>uhmmm actually every language is heckin valid and good okay :)
I’d rather read another “tool for the job” parrot
>>
>>100116514
Its always these retards who think you should just build everything in C, from your kernel to webpage, who refuse to elaborate when disagreeing with "top result bitch pussy reddit opinions"
Tech luddites will be left behind by society :^)
>>
>>100121324
Not every language, just the ones that people use. Because they produce actual value in the real world.
>>
>>100121393
>brainfuck is a good language because lots of people make interpreters and compilers for it
>>
>>100121324
This is such an unemployed opinion. Time is money in the real world, ergo deployment time matters, and a smaller deployment time saves most companies more money than the increased energy usage, if the energy usage increase is even noticeable.

Python is just as important for the world as C, they serve different jobs. Trying to write a kernel in Rust is futile and an extreme waste of time, and writing basic networking scripts in C takes double the time it takes to write it in Python, plus the added debugging time and time spent solving memory leaks because historically, human programmers suck at using C.

Unemployed NEETs love to sperg about how much better life would be if we lived in their hyper efficient fantasy land, but it can't come to fruition.
>>
>>100121165
Hmm ok I did some research and will do more. It does sound interesting. But I wouldn’t say Rust is bad because of it, I would say it could do better.
>>
>>100121474
The industry only ever thinks of upfront cost.
They NEVER think about long-term cost.
Which is why terrible langs like python and c++ have massive amounts of engineering to make them semi-bearable.
>>
>>100120649
Casey hasn't even shipped a game thoughbeit.
>>
>>100120565
>C++ would take hours to build his sokoban. While he can clean rebuild it in jai in a few seconds.
first of all, no, it wouldn't take hours, and second of all, does it matter you can rebuild your project 10 times faster if it takes you almost a decade longer to actually ship a game?
>>
>>100121481
Rust just has a tough future, and shouldn’t be dealing with build time and implementation complexity issues already. Which all point to affine lifetimes and weakening being anti-features.
Although the great irony here is that Wallaroo Labs ( the only public company using pony) actually switched to Rust from Pony. But more because rust has an ML ecosystem.
But yeah, once you get over the hurdle of memorizing another 6 keywords. Thinking about types in terms of what they can and can’t do beyond mutating makes a lot of intuitive sense. Rather than reasoning about their lifetime and scope.
>>
JBlow is a mediocre programmer with big ego. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>100121559
>does iteration time in game dev matter
Absolutely not you’re correct.
We should all have to wait 30 minutes when we want to change a single thing and rebuild. And then have an entire dedicated team to figuring out how to incrementally cache things that haven’t changed . Oh wait that sounds like a compiler thing…..
>>
>>100114491
why would you even care?
>>100114579
it's always been too gimmicky to me. technically, it's fine, but I hated the gameplay.
>>
>>100121653
I mean it does matter but you're retarded if you think Jai is the answer to that. The only thing that Jai will ever achieve is release a single grid-traversal game, maybe in another decade, even if that. Hell, even the Braid remaster is getting re-scheduled because these hacks cannot actually ship a product they already shipped. They're a bunch of ego-driven hacks that cannot get anything done, meanwhile, actual (C++) programmers, just get shit done and ship actual games despite the hurdles they have to overcome with the language.
>>
>>100121695
ALSO, not to mention that actual good games just resort to some sort of runtime system for gameplay programming, so once you have the engine programming done you're not wasting as much time as you think you are.
>>
>>100121695
Jai is not the future, you’re right.
It’s another niche language solving the creators frustrations.
The point though, is that c++ is very unwieldy and also NOT the future. And programmers need to get out of the sunk-cost swamp and stop accepting mediocrity and shit.
Hate jblow all you want for very valid reasons. But he’s truly better than a lot of others because he stopped accepting shit and built something better.
>>
>>100114491
Where is Jai? Oh right, it's vaporware
>>
>>100121801
> vaporware
/g/ doesn’t know what this word means.
Also someone cucked him and released the first jai game on Steam.
>>
>>100121531
At least he knows his shit. The whole fiasco where he humiliated the Windows Terminal devs was pretty based. With Blow, he's usually the one getting humiliated like when Soulja Boy said his game was pretentious bullshit and he got more assblasted than a fag in prison.
>>
>>100121774
What's even the point of "building something better" if it doesn't amount to anything other than bragging rights? You hate women but do shit like this to stand out. At least women are easy to quell, while you faggots are constantly circlejerking around this week's e-celeb who's going to save computers or whatever
>>
>>100121832
Yeah, and Indians and Chinks releasing AISlop on Steam for easy money are humiliating Casey because they can actually ship a game.
>>
>>100121531
He’s a tools dev and never once claimed to be a game dev
>>
>>100121825
How come I can't use the Jai toolchain? How come the source code isn't available? Why has he been hyping it up for almost a decade with nothing to show for it?

If the hype around Jai was worth listening to then he wouldn't be so secretive about it. I suspect it's because he is very thin-skinned.
>>
File: 1692935586382127.gif (2.85 MB, 200x234)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
>>100114491
Yes.
>>
>>100121863
Is that why he spent years uploading the development of a video game only to just suddenly stop and never having done anything beyond waling around between a few procgenned rooms? Aka something an amateur dev can finish in an evening?
>>
>>100121858
If Indians can do it, it doesn't really matter, anon.
>>
>>100121839
Eventually he’ll release sokoban and make millions of dollars again.
He’s also contributing to c and c++‘a decline. A VERY worthy cause.
And most likely he has 2-3 games left before retiring to make his OS
>>
>>100114491
>thing I didn't create/contribute to bad
he's always right in his own little matrix
>>100116382
topkek
>>
>>100121895
>two more weeks
>>
>>100121895
>Eventually
He couldn't even re-release Braid and has had it re-scheduled, but surely, he will eventually finish his simple walking game.
>>
>>100121886
>a tools dev switched from one teaching gimmick to another for more momey
Wow anon you really cracked the case.
>>
>>100121913
He’s spread too thin. Probably why he stopped streaming because it destroyed his productivity
>>
>>100121937
>because it destroyed his productivity
Sure. The fact that even zoomers on Twitch would frequently call out his bullshit is unrelated.
>>
>>100121925
The initial argument was that he never claimed to be a game developer. You cannot say he's not a game developer when he spent 4 years developing a game (and failed horribly, while at that).
Both Casey and Blow are such weird cases anyway, they both just happened to work with something that was somewhat popular, and now they think they're hot shit. Some of SV seniors would eat these mediocre programmers for breakfast.
>>
>>100121957
Anon… the entire point of HMH was to give people a concrete example of how to engine dev a win32 thing from scratch.
The game was never the product, the engine, source, and his recordings were.
Truly PLEASE stop making me indirectly shill for Casey because of your retardation
>>
>>100121415
That's not actual value though.
>>
>>100121979
lol people who know that shit don't need a guide, people who don't know that shit and want to ship a game will install unity and make a better game in a week
handmade hero was casey's attempt at actually making a game he wanted to make while guising it as a guide series, which turned into an utter failure of a venture, sad!
>>
>>100122048
Why not?
Plenty of people learn new things and make products other people like and find value in. It’s providing value to the world
Just because you don’t see the value doesn’t mean it isn’t valid :)
>>
>>100122072
Anon, if he wanted to make a game, he’d just make it without streaming , and have Jblow shill it on stream for free advertising.
He didn’t need an elaborate ruse. And it’s also why his latest thing is also educational.
>>
>>100122104
nah they just egotripping grifters, the andrew tates of programming lol
>>
>>100122088
It's not that I don't see the value. It's that you find zero companies and/or open source projects developing products in brainfuck. There is no value being created.
It's a joke language and it can provide value as such. Now if you had mentioned TECO or some such you'd have a point.
>>
>>100122150
>money is the only value
So boring and NPC
>>
>>100122176
No, useful products is the only value, it doesn't matter if they cost/make money or not.
>>
>>100114491
He only says Rust is bad for game development. He's right about everything.
>>
>>100115823
Most programmers ship zero high quality projects in their entire lives so he's well above average.
>>
>>100122209
then we return to
>I don’t see the value so it doesn’t count
>>
>>100120441
If you're white and not some retarded leftist you can just email him and he'll give you access to everything related to Jai.
>>
>>100122363
>you can only get access if you have better things to do
lol. lmao
>>
>>100120955
Google has almost 100M lines of Go in their mono repo and all of it builds from scratch in less than 30 seconds on basically any computer built in the last 10 years. There are plenty of other languages that compile just as fast. Incremental builds are completely unnecessary complexity. It's only necessary in bad languages where the designers didn't spend anytime thinking about build times up front.

10M lines is also a tiny project you stupid retard.
>>
>>100121254
> everything is actually good
You shit eating monkeys are the worst.
>>
>>100114491
yea ok but when his jailang shit coming out?
>>
>>100122355
Again, no, it's not about me seeing the value, it's about things being used.
>>100122445
There is always room for improvement and seeing what to improve is the first step in doing it. But calling everything bad is basically saying that there is no point in improving anything since we have been doing it for thousands of years and apparently only created bad and useless things.
>>
>>100122445
Optimism is naive, but "everything sucks lol" is literally the most midwit take possible.
>>
>>100122653
>>100122666
Not everything sucks but if you can't admit Python and JavaScript suck you are a shit eating tard.
>>
>>100121864
He explained this in a talk, he said something like, he wants to release Jai when it's a language that legitimately good and meaningfully better than other languages for some tasks, and he doesn't think it's at that point yet.
>>
>>100116382
youu replied 3 times, fuck off
>>
File: _yes.png (169 KB, 771x804)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>100114491
>>
the seethe at this guy gets stronger and stronger each thread kek chuds
>>
>>100123608
More leftists come here everyday.
>>
>>100116514
Yeah, but he’s not fucking wrong. Except for Rust, fuck Rust I’m not learning that shit. That and fuck ts>js, either git gud or stop using jeets for code.
>>
>>100114491
Does someone make these posts so that people actually start to dislike him?
>>
>>100125113
Leftists are flipping out about him because he started openly slamming diversity and DEI.
>>
>blowfags are trying to deflect with vague political babble
grim
>>
>>100114542
>rust is good replacement for safe embedded
lol no
rust is actually nicer for cli tools than python
>>
>>100121385
you don't have to be a cnile to disagree with the reddit take
>>
>>100121385
This seriously fucked me over learning how to program. C is THEORY, and I spent most of my time trying to figure out how C relates AT ALL to modern programming.

Do you know how advanced what your making has to be before you have to even TOUCH C programming? They should be teaching javascript, not java, not C++.

You should START with javascript, actually- You should START with HTML, then CSS, then PHP, THEN javascript, and then, MAYBE, java.

C is for doctorial candidates and people who do science for a living, it has nothing to do with the modern programmer.
>>
>>100125498
Its like using rocket scientist to build a soap box derby.
>>
>>100125498
I think my friend in college was maybe a little insecure and gave me some bad advice when learning how to program, which kinna hurts cause he was like my kid brother.

I wish I hadn't gone nutzoid on him that one time
>>
>>100121114
How many left to add?
>>
File: IMG_0024.png (420 KB, 1024x643)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>100116382
Blowsisters… our response?
>>
>>100114491
hes right about everything and if you dont agree you're a retard
>>
>>100125498
>You should START with javascript, actually- You should START with HTML, then CSS, then PHP, THEN javascript, and then, MAYBE, java.
No and kill yourself you dumb nocoder
>>
>>100117255
>>100120565
Jonathon Blow apologists coping and seething ITT
>>
>>100125498
this is bait but it's sad that some people actually think this and still dont actually know how to program a computers 10 years into their career.
>>
>>100114542
>javascript/typescipt is great with frontend
As if we have any other choice.
>>
>>100114542
This. These youtube clout chasing progfluencers won't make you a better programmer maybe a more opinionated and arrogant one.
Go listen to someone who has actual skills and is willing to share them.
Go implement some fancy shit.
>>
>>100122770
>javascript sucks
>lemme just quickly do some client side scripting in C++
Actually no, I think that JS is good and can be quite elegant at times.
>but muh weird type conversion meme that i found on reddit
So just don't write dumb shit. Why would you compare null to negative zero etc.
>>
>>100122770
I even think that Python is a good language even though I personally hate it, or rather, hate working in it.
>>
From a range of based to not based
Perl>javascript>python>rust
>>
>>100127375
>filtered by types
>>
bad is good
>>
>>100114696
You know that if he did that he wouldn't release it for another 40 years. You'll be dead or retired before you get to use it and he'll be more than 95 years old.
>>
>>100121637
>mediocre programmer
2 successful well made indie games plus a new language from scratch, looks pretty good to me
>big ego
yes as everyone who want to achieve things in life
>>
>>100127375
anything but fucking perl, i've slowly been rewriting all of my perl scripts into anything else, i would take php over perl
>>
>>100114491
Probably. Look at the witness. Guy is actually using stuff in this engine. To all the other companies it doesn't matter what code they will use to vomit their next third person cinematic clone crafting open world action battlepass game.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.