[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714652242884989.jpg (3.38 MB, 5184x3456)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
>Advice for new runners
- Build up speed and mileage SLOOOOWLY (start with 15 minutes, increase mileage 10% per week)
- It will feel like you're going slow, you are; don't worry about setting good times for a couple months
- If you start to feel pain anywhere, stop and rest
- Don't try to copy what pros are doing. Do what feels natural
- Once you can comfortably roon 6 miles/10km, start thinking about a goal in terms of race distance and time, and look for a training plan for that goal (see below for suggested plans)

>Couch to 5k/Bridge to 10k Guides
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/running-and-aerobic-exercises/get-running-with-couch-to-5k/
https://i.imgur.com/ef98R.png
https://i.imgur.com/qNJIy.png

>I want to run a fast 5k, 10k, half-marathon, or marathon
https://www.runningfastr.com/
https://www.halhigdon.com/

>I want to stretch
https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/training/beginners/a32172701/how-to-stretch-post-run/

>Performance calculators
https://runrepeat.com/how-do-you-masure-up-the-runners-percentile-calculator
https://runbundle.com/tools/age-grading-calculator
https://vdoto2.com/calculator/
>>
File: IMG_5682.png (274 KB, 2532x1170)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
Ran today and made a 10K PB.
First 10K was two weeks ago.
My 10K time has dropped by 5.5 minutes in 14 days.

I guess I don’t need to bother with the “faster 10K plans” in the OP then if my noob running gains are going at this rate huh?

Weekly mileage is 20km (easy 5K, easy 5K, moderate 10K) and has been that way over the past 3 weeks. Should I add in a 2km jog one day to increase my weekly mileage to 22km?
>>
Was planning to go 14 miles today because last Saturday I did 13.1, but I was dead at 11.5 miles and had to walk the rest of the way home
What gives? It's only 80 degrees and I checked the humidity to be 59% and dropping when I left
>>
>wake up at dusk, walk to the gym
>go for a run at dawn
Why is being nocturnal and not having a job so comfy?
>>
>>74196918
Daily reminder that running is awful for your heart
>>
>>74197116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjju0OsShmI&t=2s&ab_channel=Goatis
>>
>>74197116
>>74197119
my favorite meme
>>
>>74197119
Did that guy just claim that losing weight is not healthy?
>>
>>74197119
It would honestly be really great if I had a heart attack and died while running. I'd effectively be killing myself, but life insurance would still pay out... I have a resting heart rate of around 40, but high blood pressure so maybe the dream is possible.
>>
hours and hours without a general
no one cares about rooning

>>74197119
again, long distance running (the greeks never ran more than 5k) is a mental illness
>>
File: images-2.jpg (12 KB, 238x212)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I run because it generates seethe from fatty tourists.
About to do a long roon.
>>
I roon'd too hard and I think my knees will hurt tomorrow. Be safe out there, fellas.
>>
>>74196918
Over the last couple months I've been trying to bulk up and get more muscle, but now I'm struggling to run at my previous pace. This isn't fair
>>
>>74197042
>Weekly mileage is 20km (easy 5K, easy 5K, moderate 10K) and has been that way over the past 3 weeks. Should I add in a 2km jog one day to increase my weekly mileage to 22km?
Anybody want to weigh in? I think I'm going to add in a 2km run next week, then another 2km run the week after that, then switch to doing 3 5Ks and 1 10K
>>
>>74198005
Stay consistent and you can be muscular and fast like Nick "troon" Bare. Aerobic system takes time to develop. Being light won't matter until you approach sub-elite level.
>>
Do you guys run in shoes until they fall apart or do you fall for the shoe industry (((they only last x amount of miles))) marketing?
>>
>>74196918
just roont for the first time in several years, /roon/ niggas
went better than I expected. reason for optimism.
it was in the 50s and rainy all day today, and I am sure that I will miss this cool weather when it warms back up this week
>>
>>74198266
yes, add the 2k
>>
File: Fan.jpg (101 KB, 750x789)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Unofficially starting for c25k as of this morning. Doc said I need to start laying off the cheeseburgers and exercising more, so I bought a pair of asics and roon'd (read: jogged/walked) about 2 miles today. A loop around my neighborhood is exactly 1.6 miles, so 2x would be a 5k.
I used to powerlift 5x/week before falling off the horse, so I'm going to aim for 5x/week of at least walking/jogging. If I can make it to the end of c25k and hit 5k without stopping, I'll treat myself to some nicer gear than my 15-year old basketball shorts.
>>
>>74197814
Sometimes when I run past really obese people I wonder what they feel.
>>
>>74198514
You can tell when it’s time to replace shoes because you can feel it in your knees, and it’s definitely between 300-500 miles like they say
>>
File: 1712971204555966.png (34 KB, 261x334)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Should I buy dedicated rain shoes with waterproof gimmicks like goretex and such or run my current shoes to the ground? Which would be more cost-effective in the long run?
>>
>>74199074
What kind of climate do you live in? The value of rain shoes in Seattle would be different than the value in Phoenix.
>>
>>74197603
>I have a resting heart rate of around 40, but high blood pressure
I have this too but mine is high 40's. For the life of me I can't seem to regularly hit below 120 for blood pressure unless I'm fasting for more than a day and even then I have to lay down for a while before measuring
>>
>>74199090
Central Texas. We're entering our raining season so I expect to be out in the mud and puddles at least two days a week until july or maybe even august considering how dry it was last year
>>
>>74199096
I have a theory that blood pressure is a scam to sell statin pills. Real cardiovascular health depends on resting heart rate. I have no medical education or special insights, so my theory is based on nothing but distrust for the "healthcare" industry. So, I'm not worried.
>>
>>74199107
My unhelpful answer is that it fits in the middleground where it's probably not "worth it" since you can probably get the same performance out of your normal trainers, but if you have the money to drop on it then I'd say go for it.
If you run 20 miles a week, extrapolating out to 4 months is 320 miles, which is the lower end of most running shoes' lifetime. Let's assume you only use them for half of your runs and you could probably get 2-3 years out of them. Minor benefit from being able to rotate out of your main pair so that they have more time to dry out/etc.
>>
File: 1714877807759.jpg (79 KB, 1080x611)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Loong roon to end the week. Feels good man
>>
File: IMG_2901.jpg (428 KB, 1125x1289)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
Got a marathon in June. Anyone else getting ready for a race?
>>
>>74199189
You're right. Might as well save that money and buying quality running shoes once these are done for. No point getting dedicated rain shoes to save my current pair that aren't exactly new
>>
File: 1714840719875655.webm (3.47 MB, 710x720)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB WEBM
>>
>>74199390
>yellow teeth
Bri'ish?
>>
>>74199390
Don't post my wife
>>
>>74199325
First marathon in two weeks
>>
I've been trying to walk a little bit faster every day, only for 20 minutes. I got to only about 6.6 km/h and I've started getting cramps in my calves and shins. What do I do about that?
>>
>>74199401
Swamp German. If she was a bit uglier and older she could play a witch in a horror film with that smile. Still my favorite autistic female athlete.
>>74197814
Long roon complete.
>>74199107
DFW anon here. It was storming tonight. Thought about doing a long troonmill but decided it was better to enjoy the lightning show and risk it rather than stare at the wall for 2 hours in a pile of sweat
>>
>>74199491
Hmm, looks like you might roon a 3:10:00 or so?
>>74199325
Nice roon
>>74199291
Nice roon
>>
>>74199590
keep doing it but stop if pain. try to run ASAP and dont get stuck always walking. it will take weeks and months but progress will come. running effortlessly feels amazing dude
>>
>>74199725
>Hmm, looks like you might roon a 3:10:00 or so?
God wiling, I'm shooting for right around there. Course has a lot of downhill so I'm optimistic.
>>74199707
Very nice
>>
just started 10k training. have tibialis anterior pain while running. feels like muscle fatigue. any of you bros have experience with fixing this? can't run longer than 10 minutes without having to stop and give it a break.
>>
File: IMG_3249.jpg (158 KB, 1284x1093)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
How do I know if my average pace on longer roons has dropped by 20-30 seconds per mile because it’s warmer out or if it’s because I’m overtraining? This was my shortest long run in a month and I stopped because I was at the edge of death at mile 11 and knew 3 more miles was not in the cards
>>
>>74198945
I'm the guy who got new saucony ride 16s from the last thread. Running in these feels so much easier literally just because they're new. You don't realize how much your old pair of shoes is holding you back until you get a new pair with fresh foam. My last pair had over 300 miles logged on strava but I also used them as bike shoes and general walking around shoes so they're pretty fucking worn down
>>
>>74199133
I want to believe this but I know my high blood lressure is most likely caused by my insane caffeine habit; when I've actually tried to quit caffeine and then tested my blood pressure, it's back to a normal 110/70, but i'm normally walking around at 130/80
>>
>>74199747
>keep doing it but stop if pain.
I plan to just keep doing the 6.6. km/h for 20 minutes regularly until I can figure out how to get the cramping to stop.

>try to run ASAP and dont get stuck always walking
I was increasing by 0.1 km/h every day to work my way up to a running speed, but the last time I tried doing this (I had to stop because of work-related stuff) I ended up at this weird point where it was too fast to walk, but also seemed too slow to jog.
>>
File: Screenshot_202405.jpg (80 KB, 1440x871)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
My first marathon yesterday.
Time's not good but not bad either.

I wonder what I could have done differently. I took 4 gels during the run and apparently that is too little.
Also, I wonder if carrying my own water (had 2.5 liters on me) had impact on the final time. This was my own unaided marathon through fairly remote area.

I'm doing NYC marathon this year, I hope to get time down to unde 3:30.
>>
>>74200164
I also did not have any target pace in my mind, so that was maybe a mistake. Usually I just run on feel.
I think I need to start having structured training too.
>>
Someone got a link to Copenhagen marathon with English commentary? - starts in 20 mins. Let’s have a /roon/ watch party
>>
>>74200266
It’s on utube get in here bros
>>
Any Ben is running enjoyers itt?
>>
>>74200301
I used to follow him. Found some smaller channels whose personalities I like better. Still curious to see if he can go sub 2:24
>>
>>74196918
How do I prevent hamstring cramps? Should I start stretching? Foam rolling? Can it be overworked? Or is cramping a strength issue? I am drinking enough water, so that's not an issue
>>
>>74200266
Mongolian woman leading 1 minute ahead a pack of Kenyans, a Japanese guy leading the men and another Mongolian in top 10. Pretty cool to see

>>74200396
He’s on pace for sub 2:23, could happen
>>
>>74200443
Dynamic stretches before you run; static stretches after. Or so they say, I've never had cramps myself.
>>
>>74199812
Friend of mine swears that very gradually switching to zero drop shoes cured his shin splints.
>>
>>74200443
Try doing some lunges and leg swings, like these, before you run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJo7_MiRLkU&list=PLUzqPLVEQwhdC4-Qkf39HMjQcygRS0vkt
>>
>>74200675
*Leg swings are in the second vid of the playlist.
>>
What are some early warning signs of running too much? Recently started running with c25k and been doing couple of runs a day since they seem to be quite easy at the start but I dont want to explode my knees or something. Im quite surprised how easily Im adapting to running, but I guess its just that much easier now that Im at a normal weight.
Im just wondering if Im overdoing it, will be taking at least a day of rest but I am having fun going for a run couple of times a day.
>>
File: roon hohol roon.webm (3.83 MB, 720x1280)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB WEBM
reminder to not neglect your speedwork, once a week or two do intervools or a 10k pace roon
>>
>>74200810
>What are some early warning signs of running too much
do you constantly check your running app?
do you roon more than 3 times a week?
is your long roon longer than 15k?
do you subscribe to rooner youtubers that are built like a famished slave?
do you fantasize about doing a maratroon?
do you neglect your hobbies and social life to run around in circles?
>>
>>74200825
>do you constantly check your running app?
no
>do you roon more than 3 times a week?
well I have ran 3 times in 2 days now, was thinking of going for a second run tonight after lifting.
>is your long roon longer than 15k?
no
>do you subscribe to rooner youtubers that are built like a famished slave?
no
>do you fantasize about doing a maratroon?
oh hell no
>do you neglect your hobbies and social life to run around in circles?
no, but cant neglect what I dont have anyways.

tell me straight doc, is it terminal?
>>
>>74196918
Thanks for all the links. I got back into running (after a 10 year hiatus) a few weeks ago. Got fitted for running shoes for the first time ever. Struggled to run for 5 minutes without stopping to walk. Regardless, I've kept pushing. Feels like cardio is coming back, slowly but surely. I've been taking extended rests, sometimes 2-3 days at a time, due to DOMS and a bit of joint pain here and there (probably due to tightness/lack of mobility). Is that too much rest?

While I'm relatively new to running, I've been lifting for close to a year now. I can deadlift 3-4 times a week without recovery issues, which is why I'm a bit surprised by feeling the need for longer rests between running days.

A lil more info- I'm currently 6'0" and 190lbs, on the tail end of a long bulk, transitioning to a weight cut. Thought I may as well introduce cardio as it'd benefit the caloric deficit by raising my TDEE.
>>
>>74200810
A little part of my foot started going a little bit numb after 5k; then a whole quarter of it started going numb after the same distance; then it was happening after just a couple of miles. Turned out to be a metatarsal stress fracture.
>>
>>74200918
>A little part of my foot started going a little bit numb after 5k
Thanks anon, Ill try to keep that in mind and If I feel anything like that Ill just take longer rest or something.
My roons are not that long, only like 3km right now at about 50/50 running and walking so Im hoping its not too stressful.
>>
File: 20240505_123834.jpg (137 KB, 1040x350)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
First week of preparing for a marathon done. I will do 3 weeks of novice 1, then whole 18 weeks of novice 2. Marathon is on september 29th, so that leaves me with 1 spare week. Not much of a runner before that.

Was busy the whole day so had to skip the short run on tuesday, ran it on friday instead. Did rowing machine as my cross training today, plus lifting. I also lifted on friday. Will try to keep lifting twice a week.

My 5km runs are typically sub 25:00, 10km was 54:47. Aiming at sub 4h for the marathon.
>>
>>74200929
Sounds like you know what you're doing. The key is just take your time, stick to easy runs until you've built a good foundation, and make sure you have decent footwear. Maybe add some strength training if you have time; even just body weight exercises will help.

I was a total retard and was doing hard runs every run for 3 weeks straight when I got the fracture; I'd also been wearing 5 year old footwear in the weeks leading up to that - the shock-absobancy of which was probably non-existent.
>>
>>74200943
>The key is just take your time
Heh, this is always the hard part for me when I find a new fun thing to do. Before when I was a fat fuck running was so miserable and I got shin splints etc. it was no way near fun, but now at normal weight I can really see the appeal of it all.
>Maybe add some strength training
Yeah, been lifting for a while now, but at a calorie deficit so no massive gains, but some at least.
>I'd also been wearing 5 year old footwear
Im pretty happy I impulsively bought a pretty good pair of running shoes when I was shopping one day. Nothing too expensive and probably nothing too great but my feet at least feel pretty good right now.
Thanks for the advice anon. Will probably go for the run tonight and then take a day or two off to give myself some time to rest, I do have some adductor doms too, never trained those and seems like I use them when I run or something.
>>
>>74200825
Yes to all and I wouldn’t change a thing
>>
>>74200815
>w*man films from the comfort of her chauffeured air conditioned sedan as a man is kidnapped to be sent to die in the front lines
come on this is getting cheesy now
>>
>>74199390
god shes cute

makes me sad seeing top athletes and thinking how good their lives must be
>>
wondering if when come back from injury i should just go back to focusing on aerobic-maxxing and less on shorter hard stuff. we all get old.wish i could be 13 again
>>
>>74198802
Speaking from experience, your mother's saggy breasts
>>
File: 1714773912494200.jpg (505 KB, 1080x1173)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
phwooooarr

good brekkieberg diss

finkin biut de roon
>>
>>74200876
Don't forget to stretch. Stretching is arguably the most important thing for your running improvement.
>>
>>74201737
kill yourself moron
>>
>>74198514
No but I use old shoes for working in the yard, etc
>>
Reporting live from Washington heights - just did this little time trial- I'm giving myself u til November to run under 20 mins or elseim killing myself
>>
>>74197042
Try to make the 10k as easy and one 5k at a moderate pace/tempo run. As for adding 2k, make that for another day where you do 2k or 3k as hill/interval whatever you like.
>>
>>74202051
Don't do it anon but if you do you should try running until you die
>>
>get back into it after popping out a kid
>for for low & slow and start ramping up
>fat as fatass but have generally had good luck not injuring myself
>fell for the minimal support meme a year ago
>give myself fucking plantar fasciitis on a relaxed fucking parkrun 5k
Okay, was it shoes or fat? Also how fucked am I?
>>
>>74202205
both
>Another victim to minimal shoes
>>
File: 1696188930579147.jpg (92 KB, 621x781)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>do moderate effort 10K
>legs still feel pretty fatigued 24 hours later
I guess running distance ~= lifting volume and running speed ~= lifting intensity so it would make sense that doing both longer distance and faster speed at once in one run is a bad idea.

Should I instead be doing something like Heavy-Light-Medium?
>short distance but hard run (large stimulus)
>short distance but very easy run (active recovery)
>long distance but easy run (moderate stimulus)
>>
File: 1714927528882.jpg (350 KB, 1080x1135)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>74202205
'Born to Run' and its consequences have been a disaster for the running community
>>
>>74199854
Sometimes you can just have an off day, wouldn't worry unless it becomes a pattern
>>
>>74201737
That's my sister's cat corr, i'm glad you like it
>>
Why do some people get so emotional when they finish marathon? I feel absolutely nothing.
I thought I'd feel accomplished and like I've done something big but I just feel nothing.
Maybe I need to do ultra?
>>
File: IMG_3293.jpg (312 KB, 1179x931)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
11 km troon, top tier weather but dehydrated af now
>>
havent ran for 3 years at this point. god my run tonight is gonna be so fucking miserable. at least if i'd have kept up my cardio it might not suck as much ass but im in for it bros
>>
>>74203185
Because running for a while isn't an impressive accomplishment for people that arent bum losers with no self confidence.
>>
>65 degrees
>sunny
>no wind
Only day we've had with these conditions simultaneously so far this year. Based
>>
>>74201779
HOLY FUCKING BASED
come back anytime, btfo people that contribute absolutely 0 to this thread
>>
>>74203185
they're probably women or just people who haven't followed a serious marathon training plan and just signed up for one not realizing how hard the distance is when you're not ready for it
>>
>tfw ran a half marathon distance yesterday and then drank heavily last night and my legs feel great
is beer a good recovery aid?
>>
File: DKPgwRrWsAAy6A0.jpg (62 KB, 625x652)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>74203324
>Bum losers
Projection. What happened to you that caused you to go to /roon/ and seethe (other than being fat and bad at running)? Maratrooner stole your oneitis? Give me story please
>>
>>74203483
I'm not seething, I just answered the question. If you feel targeted by my statement that's not my problem.
>>
>>74203488
I enjoy the fat cope posts. Makes me appreciate my genetics and feel superior, to be honest.
>>
>>74203502
Glad your imagination can bring you such happiness.
>>
>Long roon
>Headache afterward
Most places say this is electrolyte related, but I drink a lot of water with electrolytes.
Any idea what the cause is?
>>
File: IMG_20240505_140125568.jpg (1.94 MB, 4080x1836)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>74203510
Feels good being a rooning aristocrat, desu. 70? 80? 90 Miles a week? My dense bones and impregnable joints absorb it no issues. Sucks being fat/bad genetics.
>>
>>74203356
Midwest? This how it is in Chicago area, about to go for a nice roon and enjoy it
>>
>>74203664
Yes, Minnesota
>>
File: 1689354431055092.jpg (281 KB, 743x1024)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Been trying to run more lately. Currently can run comfortably for 35 min at a 4.5 mph. My heart rate is consistently in the 155-160 until about the last 5 minutes (trying to increase time running about 10-15% per week).

Should I be doing anything differently or just keep on with the same.

My goal is to run a 30min 5km for now.
>>
>>74196918
I'm supposed to do a long roon today but I get home too late to roon and get quality sleep in.
Can I still get my running gains if I do half the long run today and the other half tomorrow? Or it it better to just keep it to a medium run today and just pick up my normal routine from tomorrow?
>>
>>74203837
The latter. Missing one week's long room is not the end of the world. Missing 2,3,4 in a row however, is certainly a sin and the room gods will not forgive.
>>
>>74201775
Sweet, that's probably what's missing. I'll make sure to implement some stretching before my next run.
>>
>>74201775
NTA, but any suggestions for good stretching?
>>
File: IMG_3264.jpg (215 KB, 1284x1345)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
going back to making all of my runs negative split death marches because doing “easy runs” where I try to hold the same pace has been killing my gains, making me slower, and are miserable.
>>
Doing half a marathon next sunday.
Tuesday almost 12 days ago I decided to have a go on the treadmill so I could run at a slightly higher pace for a while, I did 40 minutes alternating higher speeds, regular speed, and power walking. But since that day there's a muscle around my left buttcheck that has been sore, and it just won't go away. I've went running after that, still no change.
>>
>>74197119
anyone who has a circle mask for the camera is a fag
>>
>running at 5mph for 5 minutes put my heart rate into zone 5
what the fuck am I supposed to do
>>
>>74197119
That dude looks like a fag. Also Nietzsche's Last Man mentality.
>The highest virtue is that which leads to restful sleep, said the modern wise sages
>>
>>74202051
>Or else I'm killing myself
Sounds like you need a healing run.
>>
>>74203812
That seems like a good strategy. You can make good gains being patient with this strategy. Eventually you will get diminishing returns and will need to start doing hard workouts but that could be a while from now, like 6 months+. It's good to be patient in the beginning while your fascia is developing. It's better to be good in 3 years of sustainable progress than to get really good quickly then end up with a stress fracture or two.
>>
>>74204364
Doesn't matter. Maybe ignore heart rate completely for a few months. It's only fit people who care about the heart rate and slow running stuff. If you've never exercised obviously your heart rate is going to be high no matter what you do.
>>
File: IMG_3265.jpg (154 KB, 1284x759)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>Just realized my Wednesday run should have been 11 miles since last week it was 10.5 but I misremembered it as 10
>cut my long roon short yesterday from exhaustion
>Came up 0.2 moles short of last week when I thought I went just over last week
My gains are gone. It’s over. I failed. Go on without me
>>
Fug I'm trying to get decent weekly mileage, but my calves don't regen fast enough. I can barely do two 5ks a week.
>>
>>74204676
Take the heel strike pill.
cons:
small calves since they aren't used
>>
>>74204736
I don't like heel striking. I've got scoliosis and forefoot striking seems to impact my spine less because I've got more control.
>>
i run in minimalist shoes, my body literally will not let me heel strike
>>
>>74203308
that fucking sucked. im kinda concerned about how high my heart rate was. i measured it 3 times during the 5k i ran and it was always 190+ bpm. i couldnt physically run any slower either otherwise it'd turn into a power walk
>>
File: 1701311252223854.jpg (173 KB, 749x575)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
its a beautiful winter morning here in australia and its first day of my first ever real training block lads
starting with a nice easy long run of 13km in 80minutes (6:15/km)
wish me luck
>>
>>74200164
thats a solid time for a first ever marathon lad dont be too hard on yourself
>>
>>74204617
this is what overanalysis of data does to a nigga
>>
>>74205050
Good luck on your roon, breh.
>>
>>74204676
run slower
my calves are always sorer if ive done harder, shorter efforts than longer ones. idk if its just due to how i run personally, but it feels like my calves play a big role in putting the power down (alongside hammies as well ofc)
>>
>>74196918
>If you start to feel pain anywhere, stop and rest

How is this bitch advice in the general? If you feel INJURED you should stop, but any serious degree of running will cause pain, either to your feet or shins or leg/groin/abdominal muscles if they are untrained
>>
>>74205224
imo muscle soreness isn't the same as pain
>>
>>74205224
its advice for new runners and they dont know the difference and as >>74205246 said soreness isnt pain
everyone is expected to know the feeling of doms but we're talking mostly about true pain in the joints and connective tissue
running is a high injury sport, more so than cycling or weight lifting, its better to be safe than sorry while you start out, then you'll figure out how to avoid injury yourself (or be a spastic and develop agonising shin splints and never run again because you didnt want to 'be a bitch')
>>
>>74205263
Except in extreme cases the best way to deal with shin splits is literally by running more, then your shin tissue gets stronger and the pain goes away. You can be having the worst shit splint pain ever and make it completely go away by literally running for 60-90 seconds
>>
How many of you guys experiencing shin/knee/ankle/calf issues are spending all your time running on concrete and thus creating high impact on your joints over long term periods? It seems so stupid if running on grass is at all an option for you.
>>
Went for a quick 5k early this morning and got chased by 5 stupid dogs outside a chicken farm
>>
>>74205453
got bit by a dog a year ago and had to go get rabies shots. was fucking aids. i had the chance to kick it in its stupid fucking face as it was barking at me but i felt bad and got bit for being dumb. hate living in this slavic shithole
>>
>>74205413
you're a fucking retard
>>
>>74205467
>>74205453
what breeds? only dogs that have ever attacked me and/or my dog have been terriers (except one incident with a rottweiler but that wasnt while running)
terriers are so small that it was pretty easy to see them off
>>
>>74205479
mutt like all the strays around here
>>
>>74205424
Grass can fuck you up as well. Softer but generally more uneven terrain.
The solution is not running surface autism, it is cultivating good running technique and smart training practice.
>>
>>74205468
Not an argument
>>
>>74205517
this isnt an intellectual salon its 4chan nigga lmao
>>
>>74205468
Have you ever actually tried running through the pain or do you just “call it a day” and walk home like a bitch every time your shins get a little bit sore?
>>
>>74205507
What is good technique and smart practice with regard to slamming your joints on a hard surface repeatedly for long periods? If you have access to a well kept park or sports field with flat mowed grass that is absolutely better for your knees long term
>>
>>74205467
Most of those fuckers won't even bite you unless you attack first. I don't blame u tho I would've done the same thing. Boomers in my banana republic county go running with big sticks lol
>>
>>74205529
I'm not a new runner, I know the difference between soreness, discomfort, pain and injury
I ran through shin pain just two days ago at parkrun cause I know it was just some aberrant shin pain, not shin splints
The retarded faggot I was responding to thinks all shin pain is shin splints, trust me, if you can run for 60-90seconds and the pain goes away, it isnt shin splints. Also the idea that running for 60seconds is 'making it stronger' and thats why the pain goes away is laughable biologically illiterate. So he's a fucking retard and there's no purpose engaging with him cause his argument is 'dont be a pussy ahahahah', he probably doesn't even run much if at all
>>
>>74205467
I have intrusive thoughts of violently swinging peoples dogs by the leash and slamming them into the concrete in front of them if they get too close to me while running. I fucking hate “dog lovers”. The more someone “loves” dogs, the more of a pathetic lonely faggot they are, 0 exceptions to this rule. It’s a filthy and stupid animal.
>>
>>74205555
brown hands hacked out this post
>>
>>74205529
Based warrior. Fuck soft people. Fuck women (literally and rhetorically). Stay hard.
>>
>>74205424
I like running on dirt, but a proper dirt road is ~1.5km away from my flat and I cba to walk all the way there and back when I can just run to it. My short runs are half dirt and half concrete.
>>
>Based warrior. Fuck soft people. Fuck women (literally and rhetorically). Stay hard.
>>
>>74205545
No I said that running over time will strengthen your connective tissue and make shin pain less severe, and in addition to that, acute pain can be resolved by running for a minute or so. You just baselessly combined those two things into one statement so you could pretend I said something “stupid”, when in reality expressing disagreement without explaining your reasoning, as you did here >>74205468 >>74205525 is actually considered a clinically reliable indicator of low IQ
>>
>>74205555
Yep but at least dog lovers faggots keep their retarded wolves in check. What i hate is stupid rednecks who dont feed their dogs and let them roam free in public roads
>>
Bros how the fuck do I find running shoes. You ask 100 people for a shoe recommendation and you get 100 different answers
>>
>>74205559
I’m white but I will admit it’s the one thing Muslims and Chinese people have over us: They know how humans should interact with dogs. I bet you have a “paw print” tattoo and tongue kiss your ugly dog on the mouth while watching romantic comedies alone
>>
>>74205424
I started running entirely on grass and dirt but i moved to the concrete jungle so all my runs are on concrete, or tarmac if im lucky, now
Fuck cities but also I dont want to do a long run in a 400m loop on one of the tiny little parks that still exists here
>>
File: 1701531663486590.png (14 KB, 632x756)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>74205609
my dog isnt ugly
>>
>>74205609
Chinese are becoming dog lovers too though still not as bad. They’re more like fashion accessories
>>
>>74205628
i live next door to a dog grooming place and i can assure you plenty of white people consider their dogs fashion accessories thats why theyre so poorly trained these days
but i dont hate the dogs for it, i hate the owners
>>
>>74205555
Same. https://youtu.be/6KPRWJFLD1w
most intelligent dog on earth right here. They are dumb animals and most dog owners don't know how to take care of them whatsoever. I went to the beach today and it said "no dogs allowed on the beach" and I saw a pile of dog shit on the beach. Typical dog owner subhuman. Last week there was a big pile of vomit in front of the elevator in my apt building, no doubt due to a dog and the owner (who should have been skinned alive) was too lazy to clean it up so there was a vomit stain there for a whole day until the cleaners came by. Lynch all dog owners
>>
>>74205625
>>74205628
Can we agree that any adult male who chooses to own an animal with a face like this, to look at this face every day for years on end, to let an animal with this face intimately lick them on the mouth, to “love” an animal with this face, is a worthless faggot who should be killed? Can you honestly say that is wrong?
>>
>>74205650
Absolutely. The worst is when their dog is untrained and just runs up to you to try to touch you, and the owner just smiles at you like “everyone loves their dog too” and you should be happy the dog is coming up to sniff you with it’s disgusting, shitcaked wet snout. 2 separate times I have been running laps at the calisthenics park and when I drop to do push-ups some faggots dog will try to run up to my face. Dogs are a way for weak men or lonely women to feel validated, needed or powerful in some small pathetic way.
>>
>>74205671
You are Brown. The White man domesticated wolves because they are based.
Wolves are also distance runners and hence double based
>>
>>74205424
it's unavoidable if you live in a city, at least I'm pretty sure even asphalt is a way better running surface than a normal concrete sidewalk so the longterm damage can be mitigated. As another guy said, grass isn't always ideal since it's uneven and if you aren't careful you could easily hit a tuft of grass at a weird angle and roll your ankle
>>
>>74205597
Check runrepeat for detailed ratings and find out which shoes are on sale, always just get last years model of shoes cause they'll be heavily discounted depending on the brand. I've paid around $65 for my last three pairs.
>>
>>74205671
Cats are 100x more based than weird toy dogs
>>
File: Kayano30.jpg (95 KB, 947x555)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Never been to a gym, usually work out at home with my barbell and dumbbells without shoes.

Going to the gym today and will of course need to wear shoes, will my running shoes be fine and hold up to the pressure from squats etc? Asics Gel Kayano 30
>>
>>74205591
Not anyone you have replied to yet but this is just embarrassing for you now. You got semantics wrong and figured people would be impressed by a half-assed ballbusting. Nobody bought your hardcore larp and now you are doing damage control.
>>
>>74205770
Yes. They are a graceful, dignified and regal animal. Love of cats demonstrates sophistication, intelligence and class.
>>
>>74205810
how much can you squat? it's not a big deal as a novice but i wouldn't really recommend it for long term
the padding in running shoes isn't great for lifting
>>
>>74205736
Yeah just accuse me of being nonwhite because you have nothing to fall back on after getting called out for being a lonely faggot who has to use this ugly, disgusting animal as a “surrogate friend”
>>
>>74205952
Currently only 50kg which is what I do for my sets, but that's limited by my home equipment by a lot. Hence why I'm going to the gym with a mate to slowly build up and see how much I can actually squat.
>>
>>74205922
You may not be samefagging but you absolutely are upset because you’re a weak fag who gets discouraged and walks home every time your shins feel a little sore, because you’ve “earned a rest”
>>
>>74205961
No he did that because most dog haters are shitskinned muzzies
>>
>>74205967
Nah I played soccer for years and played through all sorts of pain and legitimate injuries. You are just an idiot, nobody is impressed by simple-minded foolish advice.
>>
>>74205537
Why was this question not answered? Do concrete runners just cope by “hoping” the damage to their knees doesn’t get too bad over time? This guy made it sound like he had a whole “system” but then completely backed out of actually explaining it
>>
>>74205988
>Nah I played soccer for years
So you spent years faking injuries and exaggerating how hurt you were like a pussy, exactly what I’m accusing you of here
>>
>>74205968
Broken clock. Muslims are right sometimes. Ask them about Jews and women if you disagree.
>>
>>74205750
How long have you been running on solid ground and how has it affected you? How are your joints?
>>
Some pains can be overcome by just pushing through, other needs you to stop, and sometimes you need to get your form right to make it stop. I was having a bad case of the later lately, and it was almost magical how the pain almost stopped after I started paying more attention to form and took my time to do proper stretching before running.
>>
>>74206029
I don’t understand “running form”. What pain did you have and how did you adapt your form to change it?
>>
>>74205964
wouldn't worry about it today then, but you should get either some flat shoes like converse/vans, weightlifting shoes, or barefoot shoes to lift in
>>
>>74206017
Been running off and on for probably 10 years now, my joints are fine. The only times I've had issues were one time after a ski trip where I took a weird fall and thought I banged up something in my knee and I didn't run for a weeks but haven't thought about it since then, another time when I fell and rolled my ankle while bouldering which kinda fucked with my gait on that foot for a while, and another time last year when I was getting achilles tendinitis but it was from wearing new shoes that just had to be broken in. Whenever I've had an issue like that, I just bike more until everything feels fine.
>>
>>74206036
I was putting too much weight on my lower leg muscles, the ones near my ankle, which caused me a lot of soreness and even some pain. What I needed to do was to bring my ass and core into the game, so I started doing that. My form sucks and I need to do this stuff consciously, but I've been getting better and the fact that I can't fuck it up because otherwise my legs start to hurt helps a lot to better my form.
>>
Anybody run the Indy Mini yesterday?
>>
>>74206080
>>74206084
Thanks
>>
File: 1693625241979321.png (2.79 MB, 947x1271)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>74205671
but i am a border collie enjoyer not a toy dog fan and my dog is pretty and healthy not ugly and disfigured
>>
File: 1693251685873079.png (7 KB, 509x132)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
First run of first ever training plan: accomplished
3 eggs: eaten
1 shower: taken

time to kick back and watch episodes of Monk
>>
How many more weeks will it take to be able to run a 10km if I can only run 2 times a week? I can run 4 miles.

There's a event coming up, but I'm unsure if there's enough time.
>>
>>74206290
once you're past the real newbie stage you can probably run forever if you just run slower
>>
>>74206332
How long until you're out of that stage?
>>
>>74206398
once you stop pinning your HR in the anaerobic zone every single run regardless of what you do
theres an early stage where an easy run is literally not possible because all runs are anaerobic workouts, but for most people it doesnt last past couch to 5K and 4miles is more than 5K
>>
>>74202713
corr good kittington diss
>>
>>74206454
fuck off sean
>>
>>74201737
nice eyes and fur
>>
>>74206236
bloody hell that dog looks like bradley cooper
>>
>>74206460
sean has never done corr posting. thats sounspacker
>>
File: 1708327443739432.png (113 KB, 728x557)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>74201779
He's a paedophile from /r9k/ and /pol/ called Sean Gary Allen (aka SG?A aka marmiteman4 aka helperlad). He was doxxed after an old video of him ranting about pakistanis on public transport went viral via the amazing atheist. Now all he does is shitpost across 4chan from his mother's house because he's unemployable and retarded

This is him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxW8hAKyhg
>>
>>74206493
you cant be from /britfeel/ or you would be familiar with soundspacker
>>
Aaaaaaaa all the shoe stores have 1 size of my shoes and not the other so I can't go between sizes to see what is most comfortable

Might as well order online
>>
>>74206501
okay sean
>>
File: 1705846910764233.png (10 KB, 854x105)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>74206501
archive strongly suggesting it's the same person if the tripcode he posted is the first result for 'soundspacker'
>>
>>74206006
Muslims are savages. The fact that you think they are "based" simply because they are antisemitic and not feminist is proof that you are Brown or at least honorary nigger.
Muslims let their Chads cuck them, hog all the women and create a low-trust inbred "civilization". The same one we are turning into via female subversion.
>>
>>74206504
have always tried to support local running shops but for years their stock has been abysmal and their target clientele appears to be overweight wogs far more interested in colourways than fit
its like they seem confused when an actual runner comes in, makes it difficult to not buy online especially with how easy returns are these days
>>
/run/ ft /r9k/ linked up
need it or keep it
>>
>>74206528
>Need it or keep it
/Roon/ linked up with /esl/. Is this some sort of ebonics introduced by 85 IQ nigger in some jungle beat noise recently? Stay in your lane.
>>
>>74206528
/mu/ ft /run/ ft /r9k/ linked up
sneed it or feed it
>>
File: 1708957576517679.png (888 KB, 566x777)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
>>74206546
thats exactly what it is
>>
>>74206002
No, we don't play divegrass in the US. Your banter sucks. Eat shit and think before posting next time if you're going to get so butthurt about the reactions.
>>
File: 1701821346432609.jpg (79 KB, 979x898)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Running
>>
>>74206546
>Is this some sort of ebonics introduced by 85 IQ nigger in some jungle beat noise recently? Stay in your lane.
Running is THE black dominated """sport""".
>no skill or split second decision making
>just ooga booga run for a lot time/sprint as fast as possible
>>
I am normally so White that my skin reflects sunlight but I've been running shirtless the past couple weeks and I'm starting to turn browner than I would like
What do I do?
>>
>>74206513
hes talking about another poster called soundspacker
>>
>>74206771
Run during sunset or before sunrise. I have the same issue being in SoCal
>>
>>74206771
My tanlines are pretty wild after running all through australian summer despite being from northern europe
just wear suncream and deal with it desu, being tan isnt the same as being indian, as long as you take care of your skin its not a problem
>>
>>74206771
I recommend using a cream-based sunscreen for your upper body and a balm style sunscreen for your face, especially if you sweat a lot. Something like Badger Sport mineral sunscreen in the circular tin. I use it for sailing and whitewater kayaking, it's the only sweat and waterproof sunscreen that seems to last without constant reapplication.
>>
>>74206572
still can't believe they got spotemgottem
>>
>>74196918
what up, /roon/ gooners
>>
>>74207102
my mileage and the amount i masturbate per day has an extremely visible inverse correlation
by peak week im basically asexual
>>
>>74198558
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
>>
>>74206718
Then explain Kerr, Ingebrigtsen. White boys starting to take the sport seriously. It's over.
>>
>>74207121
You're not a runner if you don't lift
>>
>>74207157
i do lift (myself) (I only do calisthenics)
>>
>>74207163
Ok then. We'll keep yourself healthy m8. I run 70mi/week and do not suffer low sex drive
>>
>>74207251
Its not like I 'suffer' low sex drive, I was being a bit hyperbolic. I'm married and have a healthy sex life, but still need to knock one out and when I'm not running thats 1-3 times a day and when I'm running hard its 1-3 times a week (with the same amount of actual sex)
>>
>>74207271
You eating enough? My libido completely dissapeared for a long time since I have been losing weight with either heavy caloric restriction of eating only 1000 cals a day or completely fasting for multiple days.
Just last night after eating for a while in maintenance everything came back and even fucking nutted in my sleep goddamnit.
>>
>>74207288
I'm on an intentional 500 calorie deficit at the moment to drop 5kg in time for my race at a rate of about 1kg every 2 weeks
I do tend to lean out when training so I suppose my weight goes down as mileage goes up, might be the real cause
>>
>>74207102
>>74207121
I jack off and then roon
>>
>>74207328
That is perfectly reasonable then. You're body is not going to prioritize reproduction when it is losing weight like that.
>>
First time here. Is there a guide if I don't want to marathon but run as fast as possible for short distances?
Also, this may sound a little weird, and maybe this is not the best place to ask this, but what is the best way to fix an incorrect way of walking? I've notice I basically never bend my knees while walking, I just move the entire leg.
>>
>>74207470
What short distances? Like 5k, 1 mile? Or sprints like 200m?
This is my favorite movement guru. He is pretty deep, holistic. Will require practice to master but he has routines you can do.
https://youtube.com/@Innerunner?si=_54fMS6IFNWlpLVy
>>
>>74207588
>I have helped thousands of elite and desperate people overcome career ending or insurmountable injuries and helped many achieve significant breakthrough in performance. Learn how to run and move better and run faster with less injury.
sounds like snakeoil bullshit for w*men
>>
>>74203812
run 2-3 times a week at least. practice keeping a constant pace in your runs. do an interval session once a week with elevated pace if you can manage that. you will improve fast if you dont get injured
>>
>>74203812
Ignore heart rate until you have been running for around a year; it takes time for conditioning to take effect and will be stupidly high until then; even if doing easy runs you'll be in zone 3 or 4 so don't bother checking it.
>>
>>74203652
>90 miles/week
again, a low genetic value male bragging about wasting his time
you have nothing else going on for your life
>>
roonbros what smart watches you using for your runs? is there any that you can just stick on for a run because ive a nice regular watch and wearing a gimpy smartwatch all day would tilt me
>>
I NEED HELP

what are the best earbuds for running, just got an apple watch for my birthday
>>
>>74208417
I'd just grab a Garmin Instinct 2s. Mine usually lasts about 20 days on a single charge after tracking 3-4 runs/workouts a week. I use mine as a glorified HR monitor and pace tracker for runs.
>>
>>74208672
cheers mate, will check it out.
>>
>>74208417
I wonder this too. I have a galaxy watch 6 classic but I realized last week as a wristlet the 43mm is too big for me but even if I sold it and bought a Garmin or whatever I got it so cheap with trade in from Samsung it would cost me more to get a "worse" watch. I literally only use it for exercise because I wear mechanical/automatic watches everywhere else
>>
>>74208417
I came into this thread with the exact same question, I just want a shitty HR monitor and pace tracker for my runs, something that can connect to my phone maybe. Cheers mate

Also, did the Broad Street run yesterday, first real race since coming back to running in my 20s
>>
>>74205424
Fatass here (~100kg 6 feet)
5th session into c25k on a treadmill and started getting some pain in my knee, kind of below the inner knee
Been staying off it as much as I can but even just walking around I can feel the discomfort on it (for lack of a better word - not exactly painful but definitely not normal)
It hasn't really improved after like 5 days off, feels real fucking bad man
I might switch to a rowing machine, any rooners got advice for that?
>>
Currently doing 20 km
Gonna increase by 2km this week (10%)
Should I do a 5K, 7K, then 10K or should I do 5K, 5K, 2K, 10K?
>>
>>74209114
*plop*
>>
>>74208417
I don't use a smartwatch.
I have a Polar H10 linked to my phone which I carry with me.
>>
>>74208417
Don't need them, just bring my phone on roons.
>>
>>74209344
Ummm your heart rate bro?
>>
>>74209354
Can't you just know it intuitively. I could guess what my heart rate is pretty accurately based on how exhausted I am.
>>
Beep beep coming thru
>>
>>74208417
>>74209035
>>74209058

Garmin’s entry level ($199) forerunner will give you all you need as a simple run watch. The forerunner 165 music ($299) will let you add music to your watch if you don’t want to carry your phone. Coros pace 3 ($229) will be about the same as the 165. I’ve never used coros software so can’t comment on its functionality compared to garmin but I never had issues with garmin. I got gifted an Apple Watch so I use that, no complaints but will probably go back to garmin once my watch needs to be replaced.
>>
>>74209354
>muh heart rate
Bro I'm not trying to run a sub-2:30 marathon. Why'd I need to know my heart rate?
>>
>>74209682
Yeah I should keep using my galaxy watch instead of being a consoooomtard, who cares if the watch is borderline too big when it's just a running tool, my inner watch autist brain is poisoning me
>>
Have jet lag and considering a 3 am run
Should be peaceful?
>>
>>74209844
Late-night and early morning runs are lush.
>>
>>74205468
Your*
>>
>>74209682
I'm >>74209058 and all I want is something that will tell me my distance, time, and pace, and maybe my heart rate. Thanks for the recs.
>>
>>74197101
giwtwm. So comfy seeing the sun rise on your roon but I only get to see it twice a week because wagecuck
>>
File: 1605717445465.gif (2.75 MB, 245x263)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB GIF
>legs feel stiff as fuck for entire week
>did 12km recovery rooon very slowly, very long and rested more than usual
>2 days later feel good as fuck and beat my pr on 10k no problem

Why are legs when running more prone to big ups and big down than any other lift
>>
>>74196918
I don't have a race planned till November, what do I do now.
Been following training plans since last July.
>>
>>74199096
Mine is like in the mid 60s, what kind of milage are you putting on to go so low.
>>
>>74208057
>Nothing going on
I wish, I could be a pro rooner. But 90 miles is not that much, I still have a 40 hr/week job, socialize, go to church, play tennis
This some kind of projection, bud? Hope you make it.
>>
>>74210253
Bro discovered the healing roon.
>>
It’s the most beautiful day of the year. 65F, clear blue sky, light breeze.
But I ran 12 miles Saturday and 7 miles Sunday and today is a running rest day where I just lift.
I really want to run. What do
>>
>>74208417
cheap timex or casio with chronograph.
ran a number of years just using a swatch.
skip the smart watch. let's be honest with ourselves, I don't think too many of us on here are hitting any metrics worth preserving.
>>
>>74210402
90 miles is > 10 hours per week
You have a lot of free time.
>>
>>74209563
Not that guy, but without wearing an HRM for a few months I wouldn't actually be sure how hard I was working. I was definitely underrating some activities (moderate jogging) and overrating others (easy row on the machine machine).
>>
>>74209563
To put it another way, I can guess pretty accurately NOW, after I've been wearing the HRM for a few months and know how intensity correlates with heartrate, but it would have been harder before.
>>
>>74207470
run on a track and do 200m and 400m repeats. Squats and lifting will help a lot for anaerobic running because a 400m repeat should take you like 75 seconds max. 800m is where it starts getting aerobic again, it's a weird mix
>>
Why am I getting knee pain on my right knee, and ankle pain on my left.
>>
>>74210733
your hips are probably fucked up
>>
>>74210747
How do I work that out and fix it
>>
How much faster is your race pace compared to normal long runs? If I run half maraton normally at 6:10/km without straining, is it possible to hit 5:40/km at race?
>>
>>74210812
Get a gait analysis first.
>>
>>74208450
>buds
Get Shokz, they're so fucking worth it
>>
>>74208450
Shokz or any chinkshit equivalent. If you're hellbent on earbuds get some that have the wing that wrap around your ear, in my experience the ones that just stick in like air pods will fall out as sweat drips down into your ear canal
>>
>>74211177
Won't the audio quality be shit?
>>
>>74209621
Nice roon.
This thread is getting stale, someone post more roons.
>>
>blister on my right foot pinkie
>pop it, remove the skin, apply alcohol and put a band aid
>the skin starts to regrow
>roon
>the skin that had regrowth now forms a second blister
>pop it
>the skin bellow is even redder than the previous one
>it hurts a lot
>apply alcohol and put a band aid
>have to roon tomorrow, but seriously considering not doing it because I don't want a third blister
Is there any way to prevent this shit from happening? This isn't my first blister, but it's the first one I have such a persistent one.
>>
>>74211203
Audio in Shokz is decent, but not as good as wired headphones. Remember, every headset is a tradeoff between affordability, practicality, comfort, and sound quality. As a rule, any headset suitable for sport use is going to sacrifice audio quality for the other three, and typically turns the bass up to 11.
>>
25km to run this week. Should I do 3 5Ks and a 10K again or should I instead do 5 5Ks?
>>
>>74211535
long runs are king
>>
>>74211535
Do 1 25km and you'll have the entire week for other stuff.

Seriously though, I would do 7k 8k 8k. Long runs are best because you actually develop more your cardio, while shorter runs are more of an anaerobic exercise.
>>
>start prepping to run around 4:30-5:00 pm
>put on my running clothes, apply sunscreen, do some stretching, then run 500m as prework
>run 10k
>come back home
>do some post run stretching
>take a shower
>look at the time
>around 7:00-7:30pm
Why this has to be so time consuming? Am I doing something wrong or is it spending this much time a normal thing? I generally take about 55 minutes to run 10k, but I feel like that additional hour and a half of non running it's kind of excessive, or maybe it isn't and it's like a normal thing.
>>
>>74211605
>apply sunscreen, do some stretching, then run 500m as prework
>do some post run stretching
you can do away with those you faguette, I see streching is getting memed again around here

anyway, this is why me and others warn people that too much mileage per week is a sign of mental illness or of a loser with nothing better to do
realistically you and me can have two running sessions/week, and that is OK
past 30 km/week there are severe diminishing returns in regards to health
>>
i saw russ cook raise his legs after his runs so i do it too
>>
>>74211639
>apply sunscreen
>you can do away
yeah nah mate, you're a cunt and would die from skin cancer if you lived where I live.
>>
>>74211683
sorry for not guessing from whatever shithole you are from just by your extremely vague statement
>>
>>74211702
why do you think I use sunscreen you fucking cunt? because I live in fucking ontario or some shit like that you absolute cretin? Go fuck yourself with your faggy 30k, you cardiolet bitch.
>>
>>74211639
>>74211702

You sound unhinged, brah.
>>
>>74211730
>You sound unhinged, brah
but not wrong in naything I said, now realize that an adult is talking to you next time you reply to me

>>74211718
>cardiolet
I get enough cardio from fucking your mom
>>
>>74211730
correct assessment
>>
>>74211730
Imagine not being unhinged in 2024. All the Jews and Women and Faggots and Shitskin Foreigners in power. People too dumb to realize the problem, chasing shekels and grilling while they should be fighting in a revolution.
People not having a Will To Power and instead arguing which version of Platonism is correct. Fucking faggot I don't care how you think you will fare in Heaven (cope) or what other idealized CopeLand, CopeFantasy. How about you show up and LIVE today?
>Inb4 muh knees, life is too hard, I can't run, I prefer sitting in a fucking CHAIR, cutting off circulation and weakening my GLUTES.
>>
>>74211683
Highly unlikely given the time of day. Suburns happen mid-day not late afternoon.
>>74211605
Running 10k shouldn't take 2.5 hours holy shit. You need to get more efficient with your routines. Have your running clothes ready and easy to slip on. Make sure you aren't fiddling on your phone every 5 minutes. A 10k at a 55 minute pace isn't something you should need to prep so much for either. 20 minutes post-run for shower and stretching (not the end of the world if you skip a post-run stretch because you want to be somewhere).
>>
>>74211900
unironically true

Don't have to go full schizo but who the fuck wants to be normal? The normal person these days is poor, fat, boring and stupid. Fuck that.
>>
>>74211916
No better way to spend your free time than by being an obnoxious schizo on 4chan
>>
File: 1707528376885506.jpg (42 KB, 600x554)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Any Easymaxxing chads itt?
>>
Four years ago I had a motorcycle accident where I fractured my leg. I thought it healed fine, but today I did the first step of the couch to 5k and the exact part where it was fractured now hurts.

I guess I'll go to a doctor to see, but I would appreciate any insights and similar experiences to what this could be / mean.
>>
Im doing 3 x 16.5km this week after 3 x 15km last week. All in zone 2. Want to run a sub 3 hour marathon in 11 months.
>>
Holy shit bros I did my first trail run yesterday and my obliques are sore as hell, first time they've ever been sore
>>
Is walking on rest day beneficial or nah? It’s pretty comfy taking a 7-8 km walk desu
>>
>>74211943
>Obnoxious schizo
You have no idea what words mean. You just execute slogans like an NPC. Based on what emotions they elicit. Clearly a lower life form.
I have a Ph.D, have published in top scientific journals, have participated in revolutionary politics, and am fit and will soon win marathons as a jacked monster (think Nick Bare, but natty and faster/more talented).
The only thing I suck at is reproducing. Too autistic. Oh well. Nietzsche, Tesla didn't breed and they were much greater minds. Women, am I right? If I was a drug dealer with a gold chain I would be able to spread my seed. Women seek simpler civilization, they want to breed low IQ, aggression. They seek the Cave. Tough foe for an autist. Final Boss. One day?
>>
>>74212011
Post body and PhD
>>
>>74212010
I make sure to do 10k steps a day, do 45km running, 55km walking a week. It feels like walking helps me on rest days. But im a nobody so don’t listen to me :(
>>
>>74211955
Nope, preparing for a rape room tonight
>>
>>74212081
>unironically walks 55 km a week
What in the living fuck is wrong with some of you. What do you even do for a living, did your parents abuse you when you were a kid?
>>
>>74212113
No :( I just manage it somehow? I have an office job, but just force walking or running into my life. For example getting off the train an hours walk from my house.
>>
>>74212113
Some people here have endless time and will fill it with running and walking for several hours a day
>>
>>74212113
>muh time
people who work long hours must necessarily do mediocre work. Slaves and merchants do repetitive low IQ tasks long hours throughout the week. The higher man requires a lot of intensity to reach the highest levels of creativity. This necessitates a long refractory period in which he recharges. Such times are optimal to post on 4chan.
>>
>>74212130
Based, I do that as well when the weather is nice. Get out of the train a town before mine and walk the rest. It's nice and relaxing. When I don't do it, I feel like I have excess energy once I arrive at home and sleep shitty
>>
File: IMG_2904.jpg (377 KB, 1125x1040)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>74211234
Little run for ya
>>
Mo Farah allegedly did easy runs at 5:30 pace

let that sink in
>>
>>74196918
u niggers are going to permanently wear out ur knee caps

many such stories

stick to biking instead
>>
>>74212572
I'm a homosexual, enjoy putting on tight clothes btw if that matters. My bike buddies, you know...
>>
>>74212489
amazing what you can accomplish when doping
>>
I can’t break the eight minutes barrier, I think I don’t sleep enough.
>>
>>74213027
I think you don't run enough
>>
File: 1710548987683110.jpg (120 KB, 400x300)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>74212572
no. my knee is fine. just needed a break. rooners have better knees than normies.
>>
>>74213027
I hope you don't mean 8 minute mile
Just jog more and maybe do some interval work 1x per week
>>
>>74211730
theres a couple of people here that get really angry when anyone talks about training in a different way to them
they are unhinged narcissists that cant help but post and 'correct' anyone that does anything even mildly different to them
increasingly common on 4chan
>>
if I can only run 2 days each week pic rel is my 10k pace, how long would it take to train for a marathon at the same pace? what would the training schedule look like (roughly)?
>>
>>74213573
Is that as fast as you can run a 10k? Probably 4-8 months.
Two days is less than ideal. I would probably do one long run, working up to 15-20 miles. Then one shorter run working in threshold and intervals with a easy warm up and cooldown. Probably 10 miles max for that one.
>>
How long did it take you to reach a non-subhuman pace? I run 8:30 miles and people point and laugh when I snail my way past then.
>>
>>74213686
run faster when you pass by people and especially faster when you pass fatties (not people)
>>
>>74213693
The problem is that then I wheeze harder. And if I try to hold in the wheezing while I try running faster, I'll probably pass out.
>>
>>74212463
>>74212103
Nice roon.
>>74213573
Rape roon did not disappoint tonight. 30:00 at threshold. Was hoping for 6:15 pace or so, but hit 6:30 on the interval because I got raped by the weather, pic rel.
>>
>>74214465
>>74214465
new

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.