[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1534480871810.png (264 KB, 593x541)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
I do snatch grip high pulls and I get great doms in my traps, but also in my arms
Is this normal? I can't find anything about it online
>>
>>74132468
Is that you?
>>
>>74132468
I mean, thats what the exercise trains. High pulls are used to reinforce the final part of the extension, and usually done with with an exaggerated shrug to that end.
>>
WSSG deadlifts are so fucking kino
>>
>>74133001
i thought it was upper back and glutes/hamstrings with your arms not part of it
>>
>>74133103
Not for a high pull. The aim is to get height using your arms and traps

https://www.catalystathletics.com/exercise/99/Snatch-High-Pull/

>As the legs and hips finish extending, shrug up and back and continue immediately and fluidly into pulling the elbows up and out toward the sides, keeping the bar against the body—never let the bar move away. Focus on lifting the elbows rather than the bar in order to ensure proper movement and proximity. Depending on the weight, the elbows may not actually reach maximal height, but that is always the goal to ensure proper motion and effort.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.