[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I want to incorporate swimming into my routine for cardio. Any advice/training plans? I've just being showing diving in and doing laps but I feel without a goal I'm not going to progress.
>>
>>74131476
10x100 freestyle with an interval and a goal time
when i was fast my interval was 1:10 and my goal time was like 53
>>
What >>74131853 said, swooming is all about pace which is why every pool has a huge clock somewhere in the room. I'd probably set it up like this

1. Time yourself doing 1000 yards freestyle at a steady pace. Divide by 10, round up to the nearest 5 seconds + add an extra 10 seconds on top. If it takes you 17 minutes then your base time is 1:42, round up to 1:45 and make it 1:55. The idea is to give yourself just enough time to catch your breath but incentivize yourself to finish quickly so that you get a few seconds' more rest.
2. Do 100's like the first guy said, each 100 on the pace you established. If it feels too easy you can make the intervals shorter. After a certain time it will.
3. You can do HIIT by messing with the intervals a little but honestly I'd say for that just alternate between 50-yard sprints and 100-yard recovery and do your best to be honest and go as fast as you possibly can on the 50s. If you're honest with yourself you don't have to worry about the clock.
4. Mog everyone in the pool by doing 1650 yards butterfly without stopping

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.