[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Boxingbros I have a question on how to combine lifting and boxing
I am vain and want to be big and strong but also advance in boxing to a point of being able to actually competently spar heavily, so, actually participate in the sport of boxing not just LARP it
So boxing once or twice a week that would be very hard but with work etc I only really have time to go to a boxing gym once a week with lifting too - is it possible or retarded to do 3/4 weeks out of the month like that, focussing primarily on lifting, and then 1 week doing the bare minimum there but boxing like 4 times a week? I don't need to entertain delusions about becoming an amateur boxer or anything just want to actually make it count and I'm shooting from the hip here. I know it is possible to combine them but maybe I am asking too much. Another thought I had was plan out like an entire month ahead and not be bound by the odd number of days in a week to program but that seems too autistic to be honest
Thoughts
>>
Bump maybe get in here stop replying to threads about looks or something eh
>>
Unbelievable
>>
File: GL-9oL5W4AEm5j3.png (1.96 MB, 1080x810)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB PNG
>>
>>74131426
1 day gym
1 day box
1 day gym
1 day box

there, problem solved
>>
>vain

Don't become strong for vanity, but for virtue. You can use your strength to help and protect others, as well as to do difficult things.

Boxing training is a cardio workout in itself. Endurance or cardio is very important, even people who are super jacked can get gassed (exhausted) after a couple minutes of real fighting.

Boxing gyms have trainers, coaches, people to spar with. It is skill, strength, endurance all at once. You can train for strength and cardio at the same time. If you want to fight in tournaments, amateur or professional, you need to meet the people who arrange fights. This whole world is typically connected to the boxing gym.
>>
>>74132306

You can train strength and cardio at the same time, that is what athletes do. Don't split it over weeks, you integrate it all together.

So you can train in the boxing gym a number of days per week, lift weights the other days, or integrate both into the same day. The intensity of your training is a choice you make and reflects in the ring.

You might honestly benefit from seeking out a trainer or coach, which you can find in boxing gyms.
>>
File: Pacquiao.jpg (2.77 MB, 3000x4500)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>74132306

>Endurance or cardio is very important, even people who are super jacked can get gassed (exhausted) after a couple minutes of real fighting.

Manny Pacquiao is the perfect example.

He is not built like a bodybuilder, is 5'5'', only does bodyweight exercises for strength training.

Very highly skilled and vicious in the ring, that's why he has won twelve major world titles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.