[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: toughest battles.jpg (55 KB, 719x548)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>fix things for other people
>99% success rate
>save them tons of money
>fix things at work
>save time, materials, make things more efficient
>only makes other people more money, not me
>fix things for myself
>minor irrelevant shit that doesn't actually means anything
>goes perfect
>anything actually meaningful for improving things for myself
>turns to shit, never works, unobtainium parts, breaks
>completely breaks my morale and just reminds me about the shit that I fucked up or wasn't able to fix even from a decade ago despite it being outweighed in dollar value by the stuff I actually fixed.
This happen to anyone else?
>>
File: peepo.jpg (38 KB, 512x390)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2786840
no. I don't fix things for other people. My neighbors are handy-capped and it would be an endless quagmire. The kind of never ending battle I moved away from my parents to avoid. I do things for myself and save a lot of money. They go well because I'm not a loser sperg. I don't see the point in going to a job earning money, paying taxes on that money, then handing it over to some handyman to fuck your shit up for you.
>>
File: 1488.png (76 KB, 255x343)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
seeking some kind validation for fixing things in this broken gay world? not gonna happen.
>>
>>2786840
Based on your story, if it’s actually true, you should stop trying to fix important things in your life. Work hard, save money, then buy those things.

Your problem might be that you see 100 things out there you can fix, so you do. But you have a large pool to choose from. You pick things you can easily fix. But the specific problems issues that would save you money.. that’s a much much smaller subset of things. So you are probably stretching your ability ( or just lack experience ).

It’s an easy trap to fall into. I do something similar with helping other people with their businesses.
>>
>>2786840
Your stuff aint broke, sounds like you are just improving which is engineer's job which you don't have a nack for, yet.
Your knack is easily bring 0.7(not running, others see as 0) to 1(0.95 but they don't need to know) by addressing that .3 of broken, but not really able to bring 1 to 1.2 which requires improving bottle necks with much more and complete analysis and bring in parts that isn't there, and most of the time, running one are not worth imrpoving and efficiency has its cost.
For your autism, go haul some broken shit at dirt price for free, fix it and sell/keep it at a fraction of new price and the rest thrown to scrap for them raw material autists.
>>
>>2786840
No for me its the reverse.
>>
>>2786840
I fix stuff for fun and mostly for free. I just fixed a street find lawn mower. cost me $70 to fix, gave it to my poor brother to sell.

fixed a lawn mower a few years ago, gave it to my nephew to sell.

I fix stuff that most people would throw away. often I just donate them to Goodwill.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.