[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 719TsBHFcdL.jpg (185 KB, 1300x2178)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
What are some lucrative trades you can teach yourself and go practice without school credits or apprenticeships? I don't care if I have to take to prove I'm competent to obtain a license. I'm not paying for tuition tho and/or hoping that I'm the 1/1000 person that gets chosen for an apprenticeship spot.
>>
be a handyman and fuck everything up so the real tradesmen have to fix it. its a win win
>>
>>2786712
This just be part of the ecosystem OP. Work on being able to fuck up and blame your customers in their own home.
>>
File: 18l8wp6zl0z9cjpg.jpg (109 KB, 1600x900)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
ditch digger
>>
>>2786712
>>2786715
>>2786719
whats pathetic is you guys think you're somehow superior to people who pay for 4 degrees when you're no different.
>>
>>2786709
prostitution
>>
>>2786709
AI prompt engineer
>>
File: 1641343481220.jpg (30 KB, 321x320)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2786709
Depends on where you live. Here in Serbia you can build houses from the ground up without a license. Most brickies I know don't even have high school completed, they learned in like a month on the jobsite. The ones most likely to not have any formal education are blocklayers, plasterers (includes drywall guys and suspended ceiling guys who might be the highest earning trade rn by far here, they charge so much that it's actually disturbing), facade/insulation guys, window fitters, foundation crews (this one is obvious), parquet layers. Tilers sometimes have a formal three year trade education, sometimes they don't. Exterior pavers are another bunch of gypsy retards with four years of schooling at most, you could look into that, but if you're American I doubt that will pay very well because landscaping is swarming with Latinos there and it gets exponentially worse every year.
>>
>>2787001
I should clarify that by "four years of schooling" I meant in total. Primary school level.
>>
>>2786709
>What are some lucrative trades you can teach yourself and go practice without school credits or apprenticeships?
virtually all of them. there is no requirement that you go to school or become an apprentice in order to get your license. being an apprentice can speed the process up a little, but school doesn't help you at all. trade school is a meme for suckers, similar to college degrees in art history or whatever
>>
>>2786709
you can work any trade and learn on the job and sell yourself as a professional and work side jobs making bank without a license if you work for clients who dont care or don't ask.
you can do anything you want if you dont care.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.