[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ausfag here. I wanted to change my bedroom light fitting to a slimline LED. However the old fitting had 4 wires, yellow/green (earth), red (active), black (neutral), and a white (?).

The light has a switch on the wall. What does the white wire do, and how do I fix it?
>>
if you have a multimeter, you can turn on electricity and the switch and test to see on what wires you have ~240v and then flip the switch and see if it goes to ~0v. if you are not comfortable handling live current, tie the leads with the wires while the electricity is off, then turn it on.
>>
>>2785723
White will be the switch wire. If the red connection has two wires going into it then it's most likely the hard active fed down to the switch. Basically if the switch controls only one fitting, then the single red or white wire will most likely be switched. GL fag
>>
>>2785723
>remove switch look at wires
like jesus christ this shit isn't hard. also idk what the fuck upside down wire standards criminals use so I can't exactly say.
>>
>>2785723
Looks like the Phoebus cartel and founding member Phillips is at it again.
>>
>>2785723
Do Aussie girls have nice anuses?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.