[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any reason I cannot do this to save some space in my small apartment?
>>
>>2783055
>all that exposed plumbing
And they say our burger houses are made of toothpicks as the washing machine crushed them while dropping turds
>>
>>2783057
>not using space efficiently
>>
>>2783055
You better bolt that shit tight. Those machines weigh around 100kg and can shake like hell if the clothes get tangled and form a ball on one side of the basket
>>
File: 1552985981861.png (101 KB, 486x580)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>2783055
machines shake and need to move, they also have feet that dampens the vibrations, in best case scenario this one would fall off or if bolted it would rip the anchors from the wall, so no shitting while washing.

in the worst case, you would be a neighbor of an idiot like this and all the vibrations would be transferred to your home
>>
It would work, but rigging up the mounting correctly might be a pain.
Also good luck releveling it each month if it starts bending.
>>
I can imagine if that fell on you while squeezing a hard log, you wouldn't be constipated anymore
>>
>>2783307
kek
>>
>>2783055
There are smaller washing machines you can get from Asia that will fit under the kitchen sink -- less likely to fuck up the plumbings too since there is less water.
>>
>>2783401
panda brand on amazon

which ones are you talking about? curious
>>
>>2783401
they suck ass and can't clean a pair of jeans they are only good for socks or underwear. they operate by a spinning disc in the bottom meant to agitate the water they don't work well. they are really easy to have unbalanced loads and knock around on the floor and make a s*** ton of noise. just take the L and go to a f****** laundromat or your mom's. work smarter not harder.
>>
>>2783057
>exposed plumbing
It looks like some poverty shit house because an exposed vertical shitter pipe in every bathroom is standard for a commieblock but it's never been plastic, it's always an extremely thick cast pipe as it should. By the time plastic pipes came about they started putting them into the walls. That's probably the guest toilet in some dude's old ass vacation house if I had to guess.
>>
>>2783076
the washing machine of damacles
>>
>>2784262
He's not wrong, my Miele weighs 93kg
>>
>>2783504
Why are you self censoring? Very odd.
Also you're dumb
>>
>>2784275
Blame Google they censored it. Also who gives af about formatting lol. I do voice to text when phone posting type to smooth brains such as yourself don't like it kys.

Honestly you should ask yourself why you thought that your time was worth typing and solving a captcha just to call me dumb because it made your brain hurt when reading it.I think you have too much free time and you should resolve that before life passes you by. Best of luck genius.
>>
>>2784420
>he actually said kay why ess out loud
jesus bro
>>
>>2783504
Maybe the super tiny ones. I had a "portable" one you could fit a pair of jeans, 4-5 shirts, and socks and underwear to match, and it cleaned them fine, even with machine shop crap on them.
>>
>>2783055
Jesus Christ. While I am impressed by this ingenuity, everything else, about this pic, makes me sad. Those brackets damn well better be long angle-brackets, that are lagged into the studs at multiple points, or this fucker probably died, with a log sticking halfway out of his ass and a crushed skull.
>>
>>2783244
Instead of purely mounting to the wall you could build a full on structure down to the floor so all the weight is distributed to the feet instead of hanging all on the wall. secure it to the wall to prevent tipping from the shaking of the machine but that's all. I imagine a stout piece of angle iron going down on either side of the toilet and feet coming off the wall that probably wouldn't need to be longer than the toilet itself, or only barely so.
>>
>>2783055
You have wood framed walls, not commieblock 8" concrete
I'm pretty sure it's like halfway inset and there's a pic of the back somewhere
>>
>using toilet water to wash your clothes
>>
Try putting it in your kitchen like us in the 1st world
>>
>>2783055
>Not even a lid on the toilet
I can see a lot of things will be fluched here...
>>
>>2784564
>commieblock 8" concrete
most commieblock walls weren't that either
USSR had aerated concrete for non load bearing panels, it is exactly like you think, structural integrity of stale bread
SFRY had prefab pillar and floor slabs with some partition walls being prefab solid concrete for adding rigidity, the rest were whatever the construction company felt like using, usually thin shitty bricks
>>
>>2784272
how old is it
is a new one worth
only place in my dumpsterfire of a house I can stick a 60cm depth washing machine is under the fucking stairs next to the water heater but it is easy to run sewage and water from the garage at least
>>
File: sketch washng1.jpg (61 KB, 787x741)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2783055
this is all spit balling, I'd probably add a few things to try and make safe/better.

>bracing
for better weight/vibration support
>dampers & rubber mat
I think for better vibration dampening
>leak tray
in case of machine leak, won't make mess
>pillow
safety for your head when standing up

Also, keep dampers in wash machine in good working order since they cause crazy vibrations when worn out.
>>
File: be-me_be-based.png (161 KB, 787x741)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>2783055
>>2786513
fixed for you, champ
>>
File: 5185174.jpg (111 KB, 908x1322)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>2786526
this is actually better, it solves all vibration concerns, seems fun to poop from up high & all poop smells go directly up to exhaust fan & not through wash machine.
touché anon.
>>
File: 16107163.jpg (56 KB, 640x640)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>2783055
If its just a dryer and you can find some studs or brickwork to support 25-30kg it might be ok, but they wobble around and need lint cleaning all the time to avoid starting a fire.

>>2784272
I've got an old ASKO that weighs probably close to that, somewhere around 75-80kg and if it fell from that height it'd knock a hole into another dimension
>>
>>2786529
>when you go to anon's house you have to hold your shit in while you climb a tiny ladder to get onto this elevated toilet platform, it's so fucking weird
>>
>>2783071
>actually having space for the stuff you need
>>
>>2783055
>Is there any reason I cannot do this to save some space in my small apartment?
Yeah you don't own the place and the owner won't let you fuck up the walls when you try and bolt a vibrating box to it.
>>
>>2784262
underappreciated post
>>
Drawer dishwasher on top of a pedalstool washer. pedalstool 30' dishwasher 24' two 3in fillers a panel and some diy stilts for the dishwasher the pedalstool could hold you and a mate. make connections in the stud bay pedalstool are a little long and little wide. drain pipe might be small on the kitchen electrics might want a separate circuit.
>>
We're in hell
>>
File: 1709912521535206.png (1.55 MB, 983x1073)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>2786986
>>
>>2783055
can't wait for the news article man crushed by washing machine while shitting
>>
>>2786968
PEDESTAL not "pedalstool".
>>
>>2786800
not if you played the videogame Nier:Automatica
>>
>>2784566
our toilet water is drinking water, unlike in your third world hellhole
>>
>>2789755
>xhe drinks toilet water
>>
>>2783055
>"Damocles washing machine"
>>
>>2783055
Do you use a stepladder to reach the controls?
>>
>>2783055
As long as the walls are load-bearing and you have no friends that come over you should be fine.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.