[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've been having multiple mental breakdowns in the past two years and I'm moving out of my apartment next week. What can I do to get my deposit returned at this point? I fixed the holes in the wall but I feel it still looks a little "off"
>>
>>2780012
pray
>>
>>2780012
Paint.
>>
>>2780012
You are not getting shit back that for sure.
>>
>>2780012
how much was it? if its like 500 bucks dont bother, otherwise rent a steamcleaner for.like 20 bucks because thatbcarpet looks dismal
>>
>>2780022
$1,400
>>
>>2780012
Why did you have breakdowns? Because of the current culture wars? What side are you on?
>>
>>2780012
>What can I do to get my deposit returned at this point?
call a priest, you need an act of god.
>>
>>2780012
your slumlord probably had no intention of ever giving it back to begin with. You can't sue them now though so I would trash the place more. Bring in garbage. Put a salmon in the air vent. Smash the window. Place dry ice around the main water valve. Get your $!1400's worth. Godspeed.
>>
>>2780022
Apartments but the cheapest carpet they can. Unless you were there <1 year they just rip it out and have mexicans re-carpet the place in 45 minutes. It's literally cheaper for them to do that then spend a full day trying to clean the carpet.
>>
>fixed the holes in the wall
>most patches are done like shit and not sanded, let alone painted
>still a gigantic hole in the wall under the window
>carpet looks like someone rubbed literal shit into it
I think you’re not getting that money back bro
>>
>>2780012
Paint entire wall with cheap white paint and steam clean the carpet. It’ll be about $50 for paint and $30 for steamer rental. Many renters do this anyway because the landlord will
100% charge them for it if they don’t
>>
>>2780047
And the Lord did spake, saying
> "Minor miracles are one thing, but THAT shit? You're on your own, my son."
>>
>>2780012
You need to get a ranch job and stop being a rentcuck. Probably a lot of your mental illness is trying to shoehorn being a man into an apartment that you pay/paid out the ass for.

It's a trick: your NPC parents sent you to school, to condition you to conform to a system that uses you like a tool. Now is a good time to break free from that.
>>
>>2780012
Finish patching the holes, sand the patches smooth, paint, and then steam clean the carpets probably 10x to get all that shit out.

Who are you kidding, you're not going to do all that.
>>
its not that bad, paint and steam clean
You can do it, thi k of it as a job youre getting paid 1400 to do
>>
>>2780030
hope your raging teen hissy fits worth it, because you are not getting a penny back
>>
>>2780012
I literally saw this post on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/1bsiofq/my_ex_gf_thinks_shes_getting_back_a_deposit_as/
>>
>>2780323
Not op but I would say you don’t understand mental illness but I’m wondering if your post is actually projection to that very point.
>>
>>2780012
You forgot to seal the patch with drywall sealer
>>
>>2780012
paint and rent a carpet cleaner. take pics showing no damage. fight if they don't give deposit back.
>>
>>2780079
this is why renters are scum. also bad advice, you are liable for damages over the deposit.
>>
>>2780012
People like this don’t even deserve to live in a barn, let alone someone’s rental.
>>
>>2780012
sand and paint buddy and then rent a carpet washer or hire one of those cheap carpet dudes off facebook who only deal in cash
>>
>>2780489
>you are liable for damages over the deposit.
Yeah you will need to
>file a lawsuit
>locate the previous renter
>serve him
>wait
>he won't show
>try to find his assets, if he even has any
>get a lien.
>still probably never collect
All for the extra $100 or so you claim you are owed after deducting the security deposit. Good luck land parasite.
>>
>>2780080
These days even cheap carpet for a room like that gets fucking expensive, if the whole apartment needs carpet it will eat all of that $1400 deposit.
>>
post hand
>>
File: 1706834904170591.jpg (51 KB, 1000x906)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>2780489
Not op but my wife and I had to sell our house and rent for a whole. Excellent credit score, solid work history, mid 40’s and paid out rent early every month. We rented from two separate people.

Landlords are complete fucking scumbags. They provided shit maintenance and the last one raised our rent $200 after us renting one year and constantly making excuses when the maintenance guy stopped showing up. I personally enjoy the thought of landlords losing money.
>>
>>2780407
mental illnesses should be treated before going out of hand by punching holes in the walls
the rest of your post i don't quite understand, but i assume you are a victim of schizophrenia so I'll just ignore it
>>
File: 1659825366760.gif (1.89 MB, 199x199)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>2780328
>ex girlfriend's son
>>
>>2780012
I usually operate under the principle that im not going to get the deposit back, and that its sunk money, but its the money I pay to know that I have the peace of mind and freedom to do what I want with the place, since im going to be there a couple years at least. Yes, it can suck being a rent cuck but then again there are plenty of advantages to it, including not needing to be tied down to one geographic location for a decade or more.

>>2780211
>"There's no wine at this jewish wedding? Damn, better call in a miracle, my son."
Lol
>>
>>2781198
maybe if you had brick walls you wouldn't punch hole in them, my cousin broke his knuckles once from punching a wall
>>
>>2780012
Mental illness is not curable nor effectively treatable. Consider suicide because this is one case where ending the pain makes sense. We all die so nothing of value is lost while you avoid decades of suffering, poverty and eventually full blown madness.
>>
>>2780012
It would be funny if you had put something behind the holes in the wall for the next owners to discover later on. Such as, for example, a skull. Or maybe even some mysterious suspicious wrapped up package that looks like a little way they wrap up a little white powder that you snort up your nose.
>>
>>2783884
>underage or bait
>call it
>>
>>2783915
Damn bro I just wanna leave a suggestion here man.
>>
>>2780328
Bingo.
>>
>>2781198
>mental illnesses should be treated before going out of hand by punching holes in the walls
>mentally ill people should have no problem seeing their mental illness and making appropriate decisions with a mentally ill mind
>you clearly aren’t able to post clearly and have life difficulties because you have schizophrenia which I’m inferring is a deficiency that causes you to struggle with normal life
>but mental illnesses don’t cause people to struggle making rational decisions
>but they do if I can turn that into an insult
Lmao what a retard you are. Or my maybe like I said originally, your post could have just been a symptom of your own mental illness/retardation.

Almost guaranteed you make a comment about post length where before you made a comment about not having things explained concisely because it’s clear you’re a massive faggot.
>>
>>2780541
Doesn't matter as tenant doesn't have to pay to replace 2+year old carpet no matter how trashed it is.
>>
>>2783884
or an open can of tuna fish

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.