[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: john-edwards-jones.png (683 KB, 680x509)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
how do you get homeboy out in 27 hours, /diy/? i think with more know-how they could have saved this retard.
>>
>>2764637
dynamite
take him out in pieces
>>
>>2764637
Might be possible now adays with modern power drills. take a couple chunks out and send them up the the.team on ropes, work in teams.
>>
Shoot him full of drugs and pull by the legs, shrimple as.
>>
>>2764637
Why bother, leave the body in there.

The smell will probably deter other retards from dying in the same retarded way.
>>
>>2764719
You found the guy?
>>
>>2764637
Ignore the problem until it goes away
>>
>>2764723
Our team did yes. In the late 80s I was a diver for a 4 state Rescue & Recovery team. I mostly did evidence recovery, vehicles and bodies. After two years Id seen enough.
>>
>>2764731
Wow, that's quite a job. How long was the guy missing, were you expecting to find a body?
>>
>>2764719
The spelunking videos are fun. Learning the Donald Cerone story is mostly bs and newb mistakes. Or narc issues with overzealous divers in massive spaces or tunnel systems. I'd think type A people are best for this sport.
>>
>>2764637
Saddam?
>>
>>2764637
>how do you get homeboy out
Someone stupid enough to put themselves into that situation isn't worth saving.
>>
>>2764637
I don't understand how someone could wedge themselves in a tiny gap like this without their instincts screaming at them to stop.
>>
>>2764780
The cave had a known narrow passage called The Birth Canal which had a turn-around space at the end. He mistook another narrow passage that did not have a turn-around space, and I guess it was also more vertical so that once he was in he could not get out by himself and somehow the rescuers could not pull him out.
>>
>>2764637
>>2764708
>>2764769
>>2764780
The irony is this story brings out the retards.

He thought he was in a different part of the cave and it’s an easy mistake to make. It’s not like everything is clearly labeled. The area he thought he was on required you to push yourself through a very narrow gap. Hundreds of people had done it before. He made a simple mistake and payed dearly for it.

Of course people don’t like to believe that horrible shit can happen randomly in life so they like to blame victims.
>inb4 don’t go into a cave
I hope you assholes don’t drive. Two horrific accidents happened in my area twice in a years span.
>multiple deaths from dust storm over interstate: people burned to death in ensuing pile up
>anhydrous trailer overturned and was punctured by falling on another trailer sitting at the side of the road: several died including a father and two young children when they drove into the plume of ammonia
>>
>>2764637
Dissolve the victim in sodium hydroxide solution and pump the fluids back out.
>>
Spray in some teflon and he should just slip right out
>>
>>2764637
Break his fucking legs, what's he gonna do? Die?
>>
>>2764790
Cavetard equating squeezing yourself in a tight cave for fun with driving your car to get somewhere you need to go.
Is a low IQ needed to get into this or what?
>>
>>2764795
>every trip taken in a car is necessary and performed safely
Lmao

I guess you are willfully ignoring the part of my post that said hundreds of people went through the cave. The point you’re missing here is that if you drive, you have surely noticed an uptick in aggression and unsafe driving. Or maybe you haven’t because you’re one of the assholes making it more dangerous. People are constantly on their phones and not paying attention. You’re free to look up the rising rates of auto deaths. However people like you treat as something blasé and don’t view it as inherently dangerous, yet it is. And everyone just accepts it because it’s a normal part of life. It doesn’t have to be. The infrastructure in the US and the drivers in general are shit. It dosent have to be this way anymore than people have to go caving.

Is caving more dangerous than driving? For the average person, yes. But it isn’t the automatic death sentence you retards think it is while you dont give a second thought to how dangerous things you do everyday are. Maybe you think you go through life without any unnecessary risk. But you do, faggot.

And again, he would have been perfectly fine had he not a mistake in navigation. People do this all the time.
>>
>>2764832
>It dosent have to be this way anymore than people have to go caving
Oh does it? Do tell how I can get around without a car. Would like to hear it.
Look if you want to do your retarded little hobby of crawling in holes go nuts. But know that when it goes wrong (and it often does with under water cavers) everyone will call you retarded.
>>
>>2764637
Humans swim in water, right? Just flood the cave with water and he'll float out eventually.
>>
>>2764875
>Oh does it? Do tell how I can get around without a car. Would like to hear it.
Since you’re intentionally mischaracterizing my post, I’m not going to read any further in your blog post.

I’m sorry you can’t comprehend the idea of getting the fuck off your phone and allowing distance between you and the car in front of you. It’s quite a daunting concept, I know.
>I don’t do that
Well maybe you don’t but I bet you do as well as most of the other people who make uninformed comments about some poor kid dying in a hole.
>>
>>2764790
> to blame victims

My brother in Christ much like you the only thing that man is a victims of is his own stupidity.
>>
File: 1709071223618.jpg (152 KB, 1000x1000)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>2764637
inflatable dunnage bags
>>
>>2764637
Put down a harness to get around his torso connected to a rope. attach another rope to his legs

You give him some opiates then you break his legs. Once his legs are broken it should be a lot easier to get him out using both ropes.
>>
They said he had one arm under himself and one behind. Not able to budge.
That has to be the worse way to die ever.
Dark, breathing your hot exhaled breath, upside down…26 hrs to think, piss running in your face, dry mouth….the moral thing would be to inject him and put him out of his misery
>>
Reminds me of the guy got bit on his pecker by a rattler
His buddy dials 911, operator tells him to suck out the venom
Guy that bit asks his buddy what did they say
They said you gun die
>>
>>2764637
perfect application for fracking
>>
>>2764637
turn him around and pull his feet till his lower body's free, then again till he's out.
>>
The quasi horizonal tunnel is a squeeze in itself.
No way to get to him and do shit. This guy squeezed thru a 12 inch hole
>>
File: IMG_3025.jpg (342 KB, 1317x1158)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>
>>2764708
they did leave it in there, and sealed it up
>>
>>2765093
>help me step bro, I'm stuck
>perfect application for fracking

You really gonna take advantage of the poor guy when he's stuck?
>>
File: IMG_4468.jpg (696 KB, 1125x826)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>2764637
There you go.
Just drill an elevator down there give the golem oxygen tanks
>>
couple litres of wd40
>>
Interesting thread on out about this guy.

>>>/out/2686728
>>
>>2764637
If limestone id try vineager
>>
>>2764637
I still don't get why they couldn't just pull him out with a rope, the way he got there. If his legs were getting in the way, they could just break/cut them off.

>inb4 ur retarded
sure, sure. Now explain why they didn't do it or you're no better.
>>
>>2765257
No one wanted the responsibility/liability of breaking a man's legs and possibly killing him in the process anyway. There's more to this rescue than "if he stays, he's 100% dead so why not do whatever it takes to try and get him out?" because doing nothing means he's only guilty of killing himself.
>>
>>2765265
>No one wanted the responsibility/liability of breaking a man's legs and possibly killing him in the process anyway.

This
>>
>>2764637
What happens when you save him? He's just gonna run headfirst into another hole.

You get what you signed up for
>>
>>2765257
You break his legs, he dies anyway. Now you are blamed. Probably sued and all that bs.

You do nothing, Say we tried. He dies. No one to blame.
>>
>>2765124
wait, are we trying to get him out alive...lmao yeah right look at that dumbass
>>
>>2765257
>If his legs were getting in the way, they could just break/cut them off.
But if you break his legs, how will you pull on him? There is no room to get around his body. You break his legs it'll be like having a nail break off inside a piece of wood.
>>
>>2765265
>"Sorry man, we have to count of Monte Cristo you because lawyers"
Love lawyers and bureaucracy
>>
>>2765355
Blame the greedy family which is in an instant financial crisis due to losing probably more than 50% of their income when he dies (maybe some life insurance but I bet they didn't pay out due to paragraph 128: no suicidal extreme sporting deaths allowed). Clawing at any opportunity to avoid perceived poverty within the laws of the land. Just be desperate to save the beloved husband and when it fails take the person attempting the rescue by breaking a pair of legs to court.
>>
>>2764790
>It’s not like everything is clearly labeled.

So fucking label things. Paint's cheap.
>>
>>2765321

>You break his legs it'll be like having a nail break off inside a piece of wood.

Just drill out his gooch, tap some new threads and screw in an eye bolt.
>>
File: youre flexiiiiing.gif (1.47 MB, 498x278)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
lubricate him with dish soap and pull
>>
>>2764832
you should see the cave i have to crawl through to get groceries. its called the new york subway system. and its strange hieroglyphics everywhere
>>
File: 1709009865085447.png (291 KB, 680x509)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>2764637
>>
>>2765453
based. the desire path that forms between house and shed will naturally tunnel away the rock and free him to tumble into the living room window
>>
>>2764790
>you can die at anytime due to a freak accident, therefore it’s fine to squeeze yourself into a cave for fun
>>
>>2764790
>you won't go in a 5 inch wide 800 meter deep cave but you'll walk outside when you could get STRUCK BY LIGHTNING? hypocrite much?
>>
An actual solution, a portable battery powered electric winch fastened to the ground using masonry anchors. Only issue is that he was stuck in a way where pulling him out meant breaking his legs, so you would have to chisel some of the rock out around him.
>>
File: Breadbearing1.jpg (76 KB, 374x500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2764637
Bread bearing trick.
Fill the hole with bread and hammer on it with a human sized socket wrench.
He will be pushed out thru the middle.
>>
>>2765599
I used this on a bushing recently and I'm annoyed at how well it worked.
>>
>>2765433
>WARNING: HOT COFFEE IS HOT
>>
>>2765601
Wow another uninformed retard.
>mcdonalds stores and heat’s coffee in pressurized vessels
>heat coffee to above boiling point
>serve in cup
>coffee routinely 180-200 degrees when given to customers
>textbook definition of defective product
>several customers get severe burns
>mcdonalds knows and does fuck all
>elderly woman given cup of literally boiling coffee
>lids are also ahit and dont fit right
>3rd degree burns so bad her labia is fused to her leg
>forevermore retards say “muh hot coffee case”
https://www.enjuris.com/blog/resources/mcdonalds-hot-coffee-lawsuit/
>>
>>2765658
not him but I read your article, thanks
kinda fucked up that they specifically sold their coffee near boiling point for no fucking reason when no one else did
>>
>>2765658
>WARNING: HOT COFFEE IS HOT
>>
>>2765673
>you can serve coffee that is literally boiling in cups with shitty lids if you tell them it’s hot
That’s not how the law works which is why McDonald’s lost, dipshit.
>>
>>2765673
Hey, its a pretty good warning when you are serving something heated far above industry standard that will cause bodily harm if it got on you.
>>
>>2765675
They also had documented recommendations to keep the coffee too hot because then people ask for less refills.

Never heard about the pressurized containers though, I only ever saw mcd with plain pots of coffee with commercial coffee pots
>>
>>2764637
thank you fucks for bumping this on the day i had to journey to the far side of my 18" crawl space
>i'm something of a caver myself
>>
send a robot down with a straw to breathe through (air pumped from surface)

fill cave with water
he is now buoyant and can do the do
>>
File: dynamite.jpg (86 KB, 1067x557)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>2764637
Couple of 99 stacks and ill be down there in a jiffy
>>
>>2765257
he was hallucinating and trying to fight the rescue
otherwise if he could in there without breaking anything he could be pulled out too
>>
>>2765665
I've *heard* they did it to be able to extract more coffee per load in the machine.
>>
>>2765729
That's not necessarily true given the circumstance, at least it's infeasible without perfect tools. He pulled himself inside head first, which means the pressure on his joints are different as you work with your arms to get forward etc. Rescuers could do nothing but pull on his ankles, which requires enough force to drag his whole bodyweight back up. That means at the bend, where he can't bend his knees, will take all of the force upon them, probably breaking them.

We're not a big solid piece of wood.
>>
Moral of the e story
If you stick your head in the wrong hole it could be deadly
>>
>>2765763
>That means at the bend, where he can't bend his knees

Which makes it seem that OP's diagram can't be correct unless he did a lot of twisting and turning to get down there without breaking his knees. If the rescuers could have rotated his body (pretty impossible) then his knees could make it to the upper level, but then his hips are facing the wrong way. The diagram has to be way wrong.
>>
>>2765792
No it's probably correct. He wasn't pulled by his neck head first into it, he probably wiggled a ton and inched his way forward while holding his hands against the rock to release pressure from his legs as they passed the bend slowly. This can't simply be replicated when stuck upside down fighting gravity and possibly arms can't even move anymore. His feet would hit he ceiling and his knees goes against the bend, the rope around his ankles puts all of the pressure around his knees which is probably what risked breaking them if they simply pulled straight back.

He was also in a poor condition mentally so probably couldn't assist the rescuers in a good way.
>>
>>2765600
why are you annoyed dipshit
>>
>>2764690
This is what i was thinking
Anesthetize and break bones
>>
>>2764637
https://youtu.be/d1nuqpAULpE
>>
>>2765833
Are these people adrenaline junkies or what's their fucking problem?
>haha woo I'm far underground in complete darkness risking my life in narrow boring tunnels, this is so thrilling!
Just jump parachute or some shit instead.
>>
>>2764637
Snake an inspection camera down there and point it at his face and livestream his every labored breath until he expires for all the world to see and mock.
>no how do you get him out alive
Why the fuck would I want to do that? Why -should- anyone want to do that? Too many retards losing their Darwin Awards to good intentions; I say put an end to this rampant injustice and let them keep what they've earned with the sweat of their thick sloping brows.

>>2765658
Based McFuck's punishing subhumans for buying their swill.
>>
>>2765918
>Based McFuck's punishing subhumans for buying their swill.

You missed the final part retardo-kun.
>>
>>2765665
And it was all well and good until some old bat thought she could juggle and drive at the same time.
Ser4ves her right for being a stupid boomer.
>>
>>2765675
>the law
You an just say judaism.
>>
>>2764637
I've got no idea. You can't break his legs or he'll die, you can't pull him out, and you can't cut him out, so he's unfortunately dead like that guy who was run over by a train and still alive until they moved it. All you could do is let him talk to his family.
>>
>>2765673
>WARNING: COFFEE IS EXCESSIVELY HOTTER THAN ANY REASONABLE PERSON WOULD EXPECT COFFEE TO BE SERVED AT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND SHALL BE PLACED WITHIN A CHEAP PAPER CONTAINER WITH AN ILL-FIT LID THAT SHALL NOT CONTAIN IT AND THEN YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DRIVE AWAY HOLDING IT IN A MOVING MOTOR VEHICLE
>>
File: 1708989968311588m.jpg (100 KB, 1024x570)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
>>2764690
Nobody would try it due to the liability/legal risk.
>>
>>2765830
Because I've used grease so many times before. Guess what's easier to clean?
>>
I'd rather have sex with my own mother and hang myself with barbed wire than die in a place called nutty putty cabe
>>
>>2766072
No caver or underwater cave explorer THINKS they are going to die. Same with retarded soldiers in the army.
>>
First Insert a hosepipe to Blow in Air. Then Seal the hole with some Fabrice to Stop debris from falling down. Now you Take a jackhammer and start chiseling away until you flattened the Corner enough for the retard to fit through.
>>
>>2766076
You cant hang upside down for that long douche pickle
>>
Anyone that would squeeze into a dark passage like that without checking it out first deserves what they get
>>
>>2764687
What do you mean "nowadays" and "modern power drills"??

This happened in the past 5 years, you retard
>>
>>2766139
15 years but yeah I agree.
>>
Idiot died in 27 hrs
He was 400 ft down
He was fucked anyway you spin it
I get the allure of “ what’s around the bend “
Death thats what.
>>
>>2766143
>drill 2 holes with a shitty hammer drill
Hol up mates, gotta wait for my ni cad batteries to recharge

>today
>drill 200 holes with a 60v rotary hammer, biggest problem is removing the debris
>>
>>2764790
this asshole really comparing cave diving to driving in terms a danger? how fucked can you be lol what a dumbass
>>
>>2766144
There were no mysteries here though. Hugely popular place for BEGINNERS. Shit has a map of the entire system for everyone to view. He just went down the wrong hole by mistake. Not that unthinkable when crawling up and down with nothing but a headlight showing the path a short distance ahead.
>>
>>2766171
why dont we just wait 15 more years and drill 500 holes with a 180v rotary hammer
>>
>>2766676
Based 600v gigachad
>>
Bring in some powder monkeys. Demolition experts. We will blow our way down to him and then dig the cunt out.
>>
>>2764637
emergency rescue paramedic types carry Fentanyl
They will give fentanyl to gunshot and car accident victims, then do gruesome stuff. Drill through their legs with a makita drill, cut open their chest to fix some internal bleeding. All made possible through Fentanyl
>>
>>2765257
kek this is part of the intentional retardposting right?
>>
>>2766099
It's way less than 27hours, do you own any Tools yourself? Have you ever worked with your Hands?
>>
>>2765709
>99 stacks
>in MMXX + IV
go to bed old man, we play with 999 stacks today
>>
>>2764637
Pump oxygen into the cave while drilling out an exit in some non-combustible way

>>2765018
Better dead than gay
>>
>>2765295
Real

/thread
>>
>>2764637
WD40
>>
File: OIP (7).jpg (26 KB, 460x588)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2766994
>>
>>2764790
>>2764832

Wasnt the narrow squeeze part of the cave he'd already gone through? Honestly, didn't seem like much of a loss anyway.
>>
>>2766018
>>2766995
kek
>>
File: 1522875179328.gif (698 KB, 160x120)
698 KB
698 KB GIF
just start beating the fuck out of the earth brah
>>
Oh well, he died. At least he'll be able to enjoy his unbroken legs in heaven.
>>
Since this is no longer about ways to get him out. Why not post something about caves. Would you, anon?
https://youtu.be/kkEypAe3rpE?si=wy0xAwVXp_9M-c92
>>
>>2767214
Holy reddit.
>>
Flood it with quicksilver so he floats up
>>
>>2767214
Stupid unrelated gif youre a faggot
>>
File: snip.png (682 KB, 680x509)
682 KB
682 KB PNG
>>2764637
I don't know exactly how hard it'd be to get equipment to the site and then down into the tunnel, but my only real idea would be to chip away that corner that was stopping him from being pulled up. even a bit would probably allow him to be pulled back around the bend.

also, I know they had a setup where they were pulling him out with a cable but the cable snapped and he fell back in, and then they just....gave up on that? they had made progress but suddenly decided nevermind we broke the only cable ever made.
>>
>>2767311
>>2767338
>Holy reddit.
This gif used to get posted to 4chan all the time, before we got "the new boards".

And yeah, I've been using 4chan since 2005, Reddit since 2006.

Get off my fuckin lawn.
>>
>>2767697
>missing the nanoha addition somehow
Shameful display.
>>
>>2767692
400 FT DOWN IN A CAVE YOU HAVE TO SQUEEZE THRU HEEEEELLLLLLO
>>
Moral of the story
This kind of stupid hobby will kill you
There is no benefits, world changing discoveries, nothing. You get to brag about not dying this time.
The shame is that this hobby isnt enjoyed by the masses and politicians
>>
>>2764790
>>2764832
I agree with your point, except for his only mistake was going into the wrong hole. When going into such narrow passages, you must always go feet first, so you can go out if it happens that you cant continue
>>
>>2767815
Go away you dont know dick
>>
File: boomer solution.png (794 KB, 959x623)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>>2764637
Heres what to do
>>
File: driller.png (2.38 MB, 1478x1400)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
you know the drill
>>
>>2764637
If you are stupid enough to put yourself in that situation then you don't deserve to hundreds of people to move heaven and earth to get you out.

It's pretty much impossible to get him out before he dies, you would have to break his legs and given he would have been in that position for a long time that would be a terrible idea.

Ultimately, just give him pain killers and say you will get him out soon and wait for him to die.
>>
>>2766139
>>2766171
in the video they used fucking corded drills running extension cords all the way down there prob took some hours.
>>
>>2767977
>Ultimately, just give him pain killers and say you will get him out soon and wait for him to die.
i think that's what they did lol
>>
>>2767789
rotohammers are smaller than a person.

faggot.
>>
>>2765981
>thought she could juggle and drive at the same time
Did you miss the part that said "passenger in her son's parked car"? Retard.
>>
>>2765658
About half of this is right. It's interesting to see how far the conspiracy theories have come on this one since it happened, especially on a site that seems to be rather enamored of spreading them.
>>
>>2764637
Don't forget they tried to get him out by widening his stone coffin, but that caused the cave as a whole to become unstable, by the end it was literally raining rocks on people.
>>
>>2764637
id nutty in his putty if you know what i mean
>>
File: 1709241306260907.jpg (155 KB, 1024x570)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>2764637
We all know what was really going on.
>>
File: file.png (203 KB, 499x499)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>2768383
KEK
>>
>>2765018
universal joke
https://youtu.be/9n9eYteTepw?si=hdj-mU7SO2_OxuDX
>>
>>2767791
>no benefits
If it all goes tits up, he’ll still be there for people to find in 500,000 years.

No other gravesite is that secure.
>>
File: engineer.jpg (64 KB, 888x499)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>2764979
based results oriented problem solver
>>
>>2764637
I'd travel back in time and tell him not to go there.
>>
>>2766446
was
now the whole place is concreted shut for one dead guy
>>
>>2769190
Don't waste your fucking time, I already convinced him not to leave the tour group in skeleton cave and fall down that unmapped crevice, then the little shit went and died an even more horrific death in nutty putty. Kid is just determined to die in a fucking cave.
>>
>>2769239
Thanks for telling me to turn off my radio the other day
>>
Id make him listen to me dog fuck his wife as he laid there crying
>>
>>2764794
Yeah. Isn't it speculated that snapping his legs would have put him into fatal shock?
>>
>>2764951
What are they for?
>>
>>2769570
you give him fentanyl first, its what paramedics do
>>
Tell the IRS he owes back taxes and has a secret offshore bank account.
>>
>>2764637
Why 27 hours. What killed him. being upside down for too long?
>>
>>2769607
There are people who spend months in space and don't die.
So good question.
>>
>>2764832
>some commie faggot starts whining about how the entire USA doesn't have a subway and banning cars
kill yourself bro
>>
They were having some success pulling him out with ropes attached to a metal pulley system screwed into the rock. But unfortunately one of them snapped out and bashed a rescuer directly in the face, cutting it open and giving him a concussion. This guy was the most skilled caver apparently, so with better screws and equipment it might have actually worked. Or just popped his legs off, we'll never know.
>>
File: R (69).jpg (415 KB, 1195x1160)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>2764637
It was his hole. It was made for him.
>>
...you give him access to oxygen, put some mask on his face, then you fill up the whole thing with water and he'll just kinda flow out.
It really is that easy.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2770152
he couldn't move his arms.
>>
>>
I don't get why you couldn't just pull him out. Just hook something around him. I mean, he went into the hole in the first place so getting him out isn't some physical impossibility. Like >>2769830 says i heard they tried a bunch of pullies but the trapped guy gave up so they just left him.
>>
>>2769571
dobson
>>
File: MonkaSSS.jpg (73 KB, 1200x675)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>2764790
>multiple deaths from dust storm over interstate:
Holy shit, I had no idea they were this dangerous. Was in one on my way to norcal. Didnt think much of it.
>>
>>2765257
>I still don't get why they couldn't just pull him out with a rope
They did, it snapped.
>>
>>2765665
>for no fucking reason
Convenience. Oversight.
>>
tickle his feet until he wiggles himself loose
>>
>>2764790
>I hope you assholes don’t drive.

Risk like incest is relative. Caving is far more dangerous per distance traveled and is almost always frivolous.
>>
>>2766018
Kek
>>
>>2764637
I'd hermetically seal the entrance and have your mom suck him out with a little hose.
>>
>>2764790
>a father and two young children when they drove into the plume of ammonia
lol, idiot. I would simply not drive through a plume of ammonia
>>
>>2764637
Drill through anus to head, attach pressure hose then flush tard slurry to surface.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (350 KB, 1021x973)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>2764790
>I hope you assholes don’t drive. Two horrific accidents happened in my area twice in a years span.
>>
I can’t even read this thread without my nuts retreating into my body and my stomach twisting. Poor guy
>>
I never understood why stories like this make people feel so superior.
Every comment on the youtube videos are just
>omg why would you go in a cave wtf
>darwin award, dawin award, dawin award
It's normalfag overload. I've learned there's nothing normalfaggots love more than parroting the phrase "darwin award."
It's the one-note nature of the response that gets to me.
>>
File: oops.gif (1.01 MB, 440x248)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>2774424
Probably because these are easily avoidable deaths. Most people have a natural aversion to these stunts and are incredulous other people subject themselves to pointless risks. Like the saying goes, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>2774434
I still don't see that as a reason to dance on his grave. Furthermore you could say he represents the adventurism of humanity, without which we'd have nothing.
>>
>>2774449
>Furthermore you could say he represents the adventurism of humanity, without which we'd have nothing.

Nah, that's just a bitch-ass excuse for lack of preparation, similar to calling a mentally ill methbitch a "free spirit" when they get raeped by a predator after going where they should not be. Nothing of the sort should ever be spontaneous or random or unplanned to the max.

For example borescopes are portable these days and I would most fucking certainly bring one if I had to do with industrial exploitation of caves or prospecting, the sole reasons to go into the earth being to extract delicious wealth.

He knew or should have that when you do absurdly risky entertainments (this was not new exploration, it was like tourists FAFOing on Everest than adding to the corpse count) that you should KNOW not guess where you are. Utterly methodical preparation is the difference between success and failure. Methodical preparation includes marking trail (above or below ground) and of course that cave should have been marked and posted (regardless of caver custom, treat everything like a military operation) by previous spelunkers.

He went by the Stockton Rush airhead model. Airheadism is despicable but at least the caver only killed himself.
>>
>>2774449
This reminds me of Aristotle's golden mean, where courage is the virtuous moderate position, while the extremes of recklessness and cowardice are the vices. Adventurism in service of a real goal is admirable, like astronauts conducting research in orbit or Columbus trying to find another route to India. Spelunking into confined spaces is done purely for thrills, there's no seriously plausible scenario it advances humanity. I'm not dancing the guy's grave, and I'm not advocating no one should ever take risks, but I also don't find his hobby particularly admirable.
>>
>>2766018
lmfao
>>
>>2765658
if it were really above boiling it would immediately flash into steam when the pressure lowered back to standard
like what happens with car coolant if opened while hot
>>
go to home depot, hire 10-20 illegals for $50 a day, rent about 8 hammer drills with bits, and have em go at it for hours digging and breaking up the rock until he can be extracted. i figure i could get it done in about 12-16 hours
>>
>>2774805
You didn't think for a second what he meant was that it's CONTAINED above boiling point but when freshly served in a cup it's barely below it?
>>
>>2774808
>hammer drill around stuck guy's feet
>guy manning the vacuum stops paying attention for a minute or two
>dust and chunks of rock falling down the hole around him suffocate him to death
whoops
>>
>>2775128
>human does thing wrong/stupidly
>thing does not work as a result
>blame the thing instead of the human

the part about $20 illegals was a joke, obviously you would want a professional doing it
>>
>>2774805
That's because it wasn't brewed or held above the boiling point, but hey, if just one little fact makes it sound like the bad corporation is just a little more bad then why not? They were bad, they should've had more sense and compassion, but that guy is posting some... interesting things.
>>
>have to go to archived.moe and fill out a cuckflare captcha just to be able to retrieve the deleted posts
The fuck is this bullshit?
>>2764780
Thrill seekers shut off their danger senses in favor of doing crazy shit. That's why you still have tons of urbex and parkour guys going around train surfing and walking and jumping around the edges of skyscraper roofs despite how easy it is to fall of and die.
>>
>>2765658
>the retard who burned herself is innocent of wrongdoing despite deliberately holding the coffee in her thighs instead of the cupholder
I agree with every anon calling you a genuine fucking retard.
>>
>>2775155
You're fault for not using the superior archive.
https://warosu.org/diy/thread/2764637
>>
>>2775133
you just conjured up me "blaming" one thing or another when all I did was play out a scenario where it didn't work and say whoops.
>>
>>2764780
well he was a mormon, so I guess he was probably at least a little fucked in the head to begin with. Not that I'm saying he deserved it because that must have been an excruciating way to die, but yeah
>>
>>2769571
is it not obvious from the image?
>>
File: 1647830032582.gif (1.64 MB, 550x508)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>2766446
>Hugely popular place for BEGINNERS
>unmarked wrong turns will kill you dead with no hope of rescue
>>
>>2774449
>Look at me bro, I'm doing something that could get me killed! If I fuck up and get killed and you aren't a psychopath then your mirror neurons will make you wince super big time! Isn't that fucking great?!
>>
>>2764881
Not a kid, a grown man.
>>
>pump him full of adrenaline and dopamine
>have paramedics on standby outside with ambulance/heli and plenty of blood bags
>lube up the cave around him
>put him under anesthesia if at all plausible, pain meds if not
>tourniquet both legs
>strap a boat winch as high up his legs as you can and jerry rig a pulley or a lever under the cable so it pulling up and not back
>have one guy slowly crank the winch while another guy is guiding his legs
>hope he doesn't break his hip and die from internal bleeding
>>
File: heyphone.jpg (63 KB, 532x380)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Anybody made or used one of these HeyPhone open source cave radios before?
https://bcra.org.uk/creg/heyphone/
>>
>>2765984
Sorry, holding a megacorporation liable for jewing customers out of a few cents on refills by creating a hazard is Judaism? Did I get that right retard?
>>
>>2764637
tie some straps around his ankles and just keep winching until he's out. Its going to hurt and Im definitely going to shatter every bone in his legs, pelvis, and maybe ribs getting him out, but I'd get him out. Get someone in there that knows how to work a hammer drill and you could winch anything out
>winch goes brrrr
>>
>>2778854
the concern was that the shock of breaking his legs would kill him outright.
rescuers really aren't supposed to just straight merc a fella.
>>
>>2764790
when will cavefags admit they have some weird as fuck fetishes and have to squeeze into cave and such to get the vore rush going on
>>
Pretend to do a rescue operation until he dies. Then say we did all we could. pretend to be sad.
go home.
>>
>>2766019
https://www.climbing.com/news/climber-stuck-for-12-hours-in-crack-the-doctor-prescribed-ketamine/
its been done before, probably couldve worked
>>
>>2774342
Vehicle miles dropped, so per capita deaths aren't up as much.
>>
>>2779555
The boomers are getting too old to drive but not letting that stop them.
>>
give my homeboy some cool drugs then purge the chamber with N2
>>
>>2779587
my grandma drove until 98. she stopped driving friends at 96. my dad is 83 this year and still drives halfway across the country four times a year and several states away many more.

some zoomers are finally being pushed to learn to drive at 30+, not sure what the driving factor is, or if it's just anecdotal.
>>
>>2776539
clearly nobody had taken that turn so they didn't know it was deadly. also it's not like there is a cave safety commission.
>>
>>2779827
Their boomer grandparents can't drive them anymore, probably.
>>
>>2764637
fill with water let buoyancy float him out
>>
>>2779829
>also it's not like there is a cave safety commission.
Nutty Putty cave was closed and had to have a safety commission to open again because people kept taking wrong turns and getting stuck.
the commission's decision was that it was OK to crawl around in there so long as you had one experienced cave explorer with you.
Jones was that experienced caver for his group.
>>
>>2764637
>>
>>2767214
This was the coolest shit in the world like 20 years ago.
>>
>>2766038
>Bread bearing trick.
>>2765830
>>2765600
>>2765599
thats bullshit.... right? come on, its not that easy
>>
>>2764637
Just dissolve the layers of earth in a manner that they become lighter than air gas.
Or take a blood sample via RC car on a rope with a syringe attached, clone him, put the clone in a box labelled 'teleporter', have the clone jump out, and then pour acid into the hole.
>>2764795
>Even replying to Trog
Do you not take the chest wide tunnels to work daily? You'll avoid sunburn and it's good exercise. Fucking surface dwellers
>>
>>2764637
Opioid dose of choice, bulldozer, tow cable. Ask the man to pray and ask for the will to be flexible as a noodle. Simple as.
>>
File: winch.png (458 KB, 696x689)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
It gives me heart palpitations thinking that he is still down there.

As for getting him out, I would have used a battery powered winch and a hammer drill. I don't know how good the battery tech was back then but if they had these tools then it would have been trivial opening up the hole and extracting him.
>>
>>2766019
Just send a guy down with a voice recorder asking for consent
>>
>>2769608
What does space have to do with anything? You can't be upside down if there's no defined "up".
>>
>>2776539
The beginner part is a lot bigger. He was trying to go through a different part of the cave system that is known to be more advanced.
Plus, most beginners don't see a 12" hole and think to themselves "yeah this is the way to go." But semi-experienced thrillseekers trying to find tight passages to squeeze into will try it.
>>
File: 4326354655436543654.jpg (29 KB, 1272x546)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>
File: 1682877204184164.jpg (26 KB, 251x402)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>2765658
>80 year old hot pussy seared to the thigh.

Not my proudest fap.
>>
>>2772091
anon is particularly unclear of the actual situation that got people dead
Chances are it was a dust storm and goddamn morons decide to drive full speed while not being able to see 2 meters in front of them. Suddenly out of nowhere there's a car or semi right in front of you, because others were thoughtful enough to slow down to a crawl to prevent anything serious. Only to be met by THAT guy that thinks it's best to go at it at the speed limit.

The dust storm itself is a minor inconvenience, the people around you are the biggest problem

Meanwhile caving is inherently more dangerous than anything else you do on a daily basis
>>
>>2767692
this makes the most sense
that or just flooding the place with concrete
>>
>>2765453
kek, this
>>
>>2782061
A few years ago I was driving a truck through Kansas during a snow storm and was crossing through areas of total whiteout ~1m visibility. If the highway I was on had shoulders i would have just pulled over and stopped, but it did not so instead i slowed down to about 25mph in the hopes that If somebody was dumb enough to stop in the middle of the roadway, it would do minimal damage but also If some moron was sending it full speed ahead through these blind zones, hopefully moving forward would soften the blow. And of course, some idiot in another semi rear ended me at 55mph. People are dumb man.
>>
>>2764637
...at one point they started pulling him up, but something snapped and he fell further into the Nutty Putty cave -- this could have been prevented with copious amount of duct tape, then they give him a muscle relaxant
>>
>>2764832
So if you see a huge crowd of people jump off a cliff, you'll just join them?
>>
>>2764637
Strip him naked and dumb a gallon of dishsoap. The biggest problem is his knees, either drug him up and break them or try to dig out the ceiling/bottom left ledge or both
>>
File: safety first.jpg (14 KB, 239x239)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>2766018
>>
>>2764637
pull up a bit with ropes and rotate him 180 degree so that feet in right direction then pull him out
>>
>>2764637
was he OKAY after all?
>>
>>2785809
He's just taking a nap down there, I'm sure he's fine.
>>
>>2765792
>but then his hips are facing the wrong way. The diagram has to be way wrong.

true. there must be more space over the hole than in the diagram shown.
>>
>>2767791
It really isn't that dangerous if you aren't a retard. Caving is fun, and if you're a geology autist, there's a lot of really interesting stuff to see. I've done it for years and been on a lot of expeditions with a lot of different people, and I've never seen any close calls personally, despite navigating some pretty hellishly tight passages. When you know what you're doing, it's hard to Jones yourself.
He shouldn't have continued to push head first when he saw the passage sloped downward, he shouldn't have compressed his chest without knowing if there was an opening past the squeeze, and he shouldn't have gone down the Birth Canal in the first place.
>>
>>2768383
stunned it took this many posts for this to happen
>>
>>2780113
I've never done it with bread, I've only ever used bar soap, clay, grease, and one time a banana peel.
>>
>>2767697
>reddit spacing
>>
>>2764637
Flood it. The oxygen in his lungs will make him buoyant and he'll simply float out.
>>
>>2772326
>more dangerous per distance traveled
what an irrelevant metric
>>
>>2764637
I've heard this one before. You pee in the tube and he floats out.
>>
>>2765833
Guy was a father? Fucking idiot.
>>
Thread lasted longer than his worthless death and wasted efforts
>>
>>2766813
pretty sure what they carry is MS, not fentanyl.
>>
>>2785905
>he shouldn't have gone down the Birth Canal in the first place
the same is true for most people.
>>
>>2764637
>"On my way to page 10"
>>
>>2765680
it's a terrible fucking warning
>WARNING: HOT COFFEE IS HOT ENOUGH TO PERMANENTLY DISFIGURE YOU IF YOU LET ANY OF IT TOUCH YOU
that would be a "pretty good" warning
>>
drill the bottom part and retain the integrity of the overall cave?
>>
File: 5268OT_02_28.jpg (155 KB, 553x413)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>2764637
START THE DRILL
>>
File: 1702023665964368.jpg (131 KB, 753x604)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>2764637
HELP
>>
>>2788538
MOTHERLOAD. Well done anon.
>>
>>2770701
underrated

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.