[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What did you think of it? Personally it seems like Jhonen's efe really got ironed out in favor of cute. Many moments during the pilot felt like every other "modern cartoon", strangely felt a lot like early adventure time to me. What with the noodly limbs and the off model expressions. Like a time capsule of the 2010s. There were a couple of bits I did like tho that felt like classic jhonen humor. But a lot of it was a miss for me. I did like the character dynamics tho
>>
You can clearly see Jhonen Vasquez and Jenny Goldberg directing styles fighting each other on this, there are moments that scream Jhonen's and moments so modern style written they're surely Jenny's. It's actually interesting to watch but idk if worth of a whole series.
>>
Main character is obnoxious as shit.
>>
>>143360128
I think with a concept like "this house tells us what tasks to do to prevent the universe from ending" you want to do something with the house to make the audience interested in how and why it works, and the pilot really doesn't do that aside from just telling you the premise of the show. Obviously you don't want to lean to hard into the "mysterious house with secrets" thing since that's very similar to gravity falls but you could at least do something.
>>
File: nojada.png (318 KB, 1366x768)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>143360128
Frolie is a daugther material

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.