[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7623.jpg (50 KB, 1024x691)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
What cartoon/comic characters become “main characters” in whatever media they are in even if it’s not their own.
>>
All superheroes.
>>
>>143340982
Tech Jacket was the first protagonist of his universe and then got replaced when Invincible became popular.
>>
Smurfs, I guess. They started off as one-offs for Johann and Peewit but provided so popular that they because their item things that completely overshadowed the source material to the line that very few people seem to even know that they were never meant to even have names or personalities never mind their own series.
Also, America killed them all in a bombing in the early 00s, turning Baby Smurf into Orphan Smurf, crying, all alone, with no I've to cradle or comfort him
>>
>>143340982
Mickey, Spongebob, Bugs Bunny, it's hard for me to look at Mickey as a character anymore, I feel the same way about spongebob and bugs but to a lesser extent since I can still watch whatever they're in and feel like I'm watching a character

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.