[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: clean.jpg (768 KB, 1821x2800)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>waiting another month for 25 pages
I would prefer more frequent issues at the price of poorer quality art
>>
It's been on my mind a lot with this series too. It's just really not an ideal format anymore. Quick checkin with our hero, very slight chapter aaaand see you in five weeks. Hard to keep excitement and momentum going.
>>
>>143337157
Netflix’s binging model has completely rotted people’s brains. Compared to how late major books were in the early 2000s Ultimate Spider-Man is coming out at a break-neck pace. It took I’m fairly certain more than a year for the Donner/Johns/Kubert five issue Action Comics run to start and finish but I’d take that any day over the awful fill-in art like what you saw in Morrison’s New X-Men.
>>
>>143337188
>>143337157
The problem is modern writers decompressing too much for a monthly release schedule so that the 6-10 issue arcs fit a trade release.

Monthly comics need to be paced in a way that you get a full story, beginning middle and end, each month and some B-plot running throughout to tie them together.
>>
There needs to be a balance between a simpler, house style and a cool, dynamic look. Comic art has become too detailed for it's own good. Older comics have a nice style but the action can be a bit low energy compared to manga, even from the same era.
>>
>>143337157
>two guys talking for 24 pages
>better than anything ASM is doing for the last 2 years

jesus christ where are we
>>
>>143339120
I wish we had more moments where people just talk these days
Everything just seems to be an end of the world event
>>
>>143337157
for manga, I just have to wait every week or two.
>>
>>143337157
More frequent issues is one of the key reasons why ASM has been shit for 16 years. Ever see the correlation between decline of writing quality and increase of issue frequency? Books that go more than monthly just end up devolving into shit, every single time.
>>
>>143339120
give some credit to the ultimate crew.
it's not just ASM being awful.
the whole dinner thing felt so awkward it was actually amazing.
>>
>>143339277
for a 12 pages episode
for a 40 pages episode you have to suck up a whole month.
>>
>>143339277
You're so fucking cool, holy shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.