[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: x-men x invincible.jpg (1.18 MB, 1999x1250)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Which is better?
>>
>>143335926
Between the shows or between Mark and Scott?
>>
>>143335950
The shows.
>>
Which has the shortest runtime?
>>
>>143336287
X-men 97.

>>143335926
X-men mogs Invincible in terms of production. The episode direction, animation, and colors are realized so much better.

Writing wise, X-men feels a bit disjointed between trying to be a nice callback to the original series and wanting to be an actual mature X-men show. It succeeds for the most part, but Invincible has so far been improving on the source material, by providing more groundwork for characters who weren't given anything in the comics.

Despite that, it doesn't hold the same burden X-men has at properly juggling a cast of main characters, as Mark is the sole protagonist who gets the most development and focus as he should, while X-men has blessed half the roster, while giving the other half nothing of real value so far.
>>
>>143335926
How would you compare them? Invincible is an adaptation from scratch while 97 is technically a sequel where you need to have watched the original series not to be totally lost on some stuff.
>>
>>143335926
My Adventures with Superman.
>>
>>143335926
I have high standards when it comes to animation and can't get into Invincible. It's just too low budgety and cheap. X-Men is a lot better in this regard.
>>
Invincible is a lot gorier but somehow X-Men seems more disturbing.
>>
X-Men has less gay millennial talking scenes, it has some but it feels more bombastic and like a comic rather than a sitcom, so I prefer X-Men. I'd rather not have relationship drama, but I'd rather have "my clone fucking my husband and he's depressed because their child got flung into the future" than "Ugh, I was such a big jerk to women wasn't I? I'm such an asshole" or that nonsense with Invincible black ex-GF.
>>
>>143335926
i need to give a shot to invincible but i would recommand X-men 97 to anyone right now
>>
Gonna say Invincible because the first 4 episodes of X-Men were awfully mediocre.
>>
>>143337046
>It's just too low budgety and cheap.
To be fair so is 97, although it's a bit less cheap than invincible.
>>
>>143339540
>aRrEsT tHiS mAn, hE tAlKs iN mAtHs
>choppy animation
>amber wank
>slideshow fight
Invincible fans deserve to be shot and raped
>>
>>143335926
x-men 97 if for no other reason than the fact that x-men cartoon at least has a moral to the story. invincible is just schlock and in the comic mark grayson is neutral evil and the story ends up being monarchist propaganda
>>
>>143335926
Omni man is the best character, and best fight scenes, but X Men has the better over all writing.
>>
>>143335926
Both are souIIess capeshit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.