[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Netflix out of nowhere continued the Arabic dub of Steven Universe (they only dubbed S4 and S5) after CN Arabia stopped the dub 7.5 years ago
what do you all think?
>>
>>143334985
How are the edits? Is Ruby a man in it?
>>
File: porl.jpg (5 KB, 190x189)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
STEVEN DON'T EAT THAT PORK
>>
no edits, Ruby is still a girl even back when CN Arabia was dubbing it
and they dubbed the episode Reunited
>>
Zoomer arab here, su was very popular in my country, people my age still remember giant woman song as one of their favorites.
>>
>>143335086
It was a good song. Which country, though? There's a big difference between Tunisia, Egypt, and then pre-MBS Saudi Arabia.
>>
The dub was done in Lebanon fully
also Steven's voice actress didn't change, and she did all the songs in season 4 and 5 (except for "I could never be ready")
>>
>>143335119
morocco
>>
>>143335175
Yeah, sounds about right. All of the CN/WB stuff does really well in the Arab states and I can't ever figure out why, because they do tend to be really maliciously stupid with their politics. Meanwhile Disney has never really been able to penetrate the market to quite the same degree.
>>
probably CN shows succeed here is because most people don't have cable channels and CN have a free channel
meanwhile Disney doesn't have a free to air channel
>>
>>143334985
Why the fuck am I supposed to care about this at all?
>>
>>143335244
this. There was a channel Jeem, that bought the rights to several disney shows but it ended failing and went to cable with Bien.
CN is pretty popular because it is free, Gumball is still wildly popular among all ages here because of that, there is even a sub genre of memes where they show gumball saying some deep shit about laziness
>>
File: 1575084966552.jpg (824 KB, 2695x2390)
824 KB
824 KB JPG
>>143334985
good to know having a harem of pearls isn't haram
>>
File: GAMBOLLLLL.jpg (45 KB, 720x719)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>143335334
translation to anyone that doesn't know Arabic
"you call it laziness and I call it 'Conservation of energy'"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.