[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8959.jpg (812 KB, 1920x1487)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
>>
The nu Marvel and DC house styles and their colouring are so fucking ugly, man.
>>
>>143334359
Wonder Woman looks good in that image
>>
>>143334377
She’s a bad character.
>>
>>143334377
The one standing behind Superman?
She's suffering from scoliosis or tragically lopsided boobs.
>>
>>143334568
Ahh shit I just saw her face — yeah you’re right
>>
>>143334304
Mouseshill
>>
>>143334304
Man I love DC. This image makes me happy.
>>
It's amazing how they've driven away so many creators and made so many retarded decisions that they're struggling to fill key positions and a bunch of people bailed to make a knockoff DC at Image.
>>
>>143334849
I hope Ghost Machine does well. I liked all three ongoings that started this month.
>>
>>143334304
Speaking as someone who likes a lot of DC comics and characters, I have to agree.

>Big chunks of their classic material hasn’t been collected or reprinted in decades, if ever
>Approved a bunch of awful adaptions of their characters
>Refuses to this day to fairly compensate the people who actually created their characters and the comics
>Hired a bunch of British creators in the late 70s and early 80s specifically to scuttle American comic creators who were talking about unionizing

This isn’t even everything!
>>
>>143334849
the ghost machine line pretty original what makes it knockoff DC aside from cape comic?
>>
>>143335121
Half the characters are clearly "inspired by" Silver Age DC characters, I'm guessing they're repurposed from pitches for reboots/relaunches that DC editors shot down.
>>
>>143335121
Not that anon, I think they just mean that a lot of DC creators moved to Image so that they can own the characters they create and have more say in how they’re used/ actually earn something off merchandise and adaptions and it not be strictly on the honor system, etc.

I’ve heard of DC cutting creators checks when certain characters or works are reprinted or adapted, but the company doesn’t have to. Some higher-ups just do it to be nice.
>>
>>143334304
>>143334503
Kys
>>
>>143334812
I’m trans btw
>>
Doo Doo Comics strikes again, inflating their comment sections and youtube comic views with bots.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.