[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (140 KB, 1440x1080)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Why did Inspector Gadget introduce this moronic character in Season 2? It's like the writers hated him.
>>
>>143330036
I don't know why they needed a more retarded INspector Gadget.
>>
fell for the scrappydoo trope. Also they probably though grey toys don't sell
>>
>>143330036
They were in need of someone who could make Gadget look like smarter by comparison.
>>
Incelpter Gadget
>>
>>143330036
Executive meddling?
>>
>>143330036
It's weird. I was watching that show as it aired and by my own recollection, that character was in my two episodes.

Maybe I literally tuned out (knob on TV) any time he was on.
>>
>>143331755
it's one of the strangest cases of executive meddling in my opinion, what were they trying to capture here exactly? there wasn't a recent trend they might've been capitlazing on with capeman, he wasn't a smurf-esque or ewok-esque or c-3P0-esque character getting shoehorned in which is what other shows might have shoehorned in around the same time, and he's not adding an additional female or any racial diversity (they already had a kid and an animal with penny and brain). he just makes gadget look smarter without making gadget smarter, and gives gadget someone to talk to when he's doing stuff, when previously he mostly would've only been attempting to talk to the person that brain was disguised as and who would run away from him.
>>
>>143330272
Difference is kids actually liked Scrappy.
>>
>>143330272
Who the fuck is going to buy a toy of this fucking nerd?
>>
>>143332412
To be fair, Gadget needed somebody to talk with who wasn't neither Penny, nor Brian, nor anybody smart enough to ever notice them.
>>
>>143332534
and he also couldn't be somehow who could realize that gadget is mostly incompetent, and having another agent be that stupid would seem weird. i can kinda see how they ended up on this retarded superhero guy when you take all that into account.
>>
>>143330036
He's the reason I haven't watched S2.
Am I missing out? Is it worth enduring him?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.