[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you think of Pixar's highest grossing movie?
>>
>>143325032
Supervillains are really important to Super Hero media, I have no fucking idea how they fucked up the main villain for this movie so bad after the great one they had on the first movie, they just had to do the shitty twist villain again and after she gets arrested on this movie they go "Lol, she's rich! she's just going to get a pat in the back and be free by next week"
>>
>>143325086
>She
I thought the guy was he villain?
>>
>"Brad Bird made Incredibles 2 to save his career after the failure of Tomorrowland"
Bullshit. Incredibles 2 was announced on March 2014 and Tomorrowland came out on May 2015
https://time.com/29389/incredibles-2-disney-brad-bird/
https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/disney-and-pixar-officially-announce-the-incredibles-2-and-cars-3-417241
>>
>>143325130
At least watch the movie fuckhead
>>
>>143325032
Feel like a fever dream that the movie did so well when it's so fuckin lame compared to the first. I would never consider it worthy of a rewatch.
>>
>>143325086
>they fucked up the main villain for this movie so bad after the great one they had on the first movie
First movie villain was way more impactful and memorable but lets not pretend that he had a good backstory and motivation.
>>
>>143325185
Lex Luthor hates Superman because he fucked up an experiment and caused Lex to lose his hair

A great supervillain can very much have a petty as fuck backstory
>>
>>143325212
Lex Luthor has never been "great" in any story where that is portrayed as his beef with Superman.
>>
File: a1d.png (1.11 MB, 1200x630)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
i will never get over how fucking awful these character designs were. the disappointment was immense when i realized these characters were going to stick around for the rest of the film

>>143325086
isn't the whole thing that her parents called the police b/c of an intruder but they didn't get there in time... so she's mad at the supers? and she wants to make them illegal even though they weren't there b/c they were already illegal? maybe i'm misremembering but i swear it was something that retarded

>>143325185
the original incredibles movie isn't a marvel in screenwriting, but it does take itself seriously enough and has enough genuine humor that it makes for a solid watching experience. it's probably one of the few "but what if X had feelings" pixar movies and it has a lot of strengths without overexerting itself to tell something remarkably unique. it's a pretty good homage to comic book heroes
>>
File: syndrome.jpg (208 KB, 1600x900)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>143325032
If you watch them back-to-back you can really tell that 2 simply didn't have the same level of effort put into its script. The first movie has an incredibly tight script, every scene is well-paced and manages to balance exposition, character development, the family dynamic, comedy, and action effortlessly. Whereas 2 has a lot of boring lifeless scenes.
Just compare and contrast the two dinner scenes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-owHxF2lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbQ_yX_rxNI
The first's is so much more fun and dynamic and really sells the family as a unit. There's a lot more action and liveliness. 2 tries to convey the character arcs but it's just kinda meh (the kids want to help out, I guess?). 2's is simply not as memorable, it's pure bickering without the fun.
I think the underlying problem is that 2 takes place right after 1, so the family dynamic is basically the same. There's nothing left to explore so it feels uninspired. There absolutely should have been a time skip. If they make 3 it definitely needs to take place at least a few years later so the characters go through meaningful changes. Violet going to college, Dash maturing, Jack-Jack growing up, and so on.
Yeah 2's villain is kinda lame compared to Syndrome and was part of Disney's shitty twist villain trend, but she's not the main problem IMO.
>>
>>143325260
Bullshit.
>>
>>143325277
Jesus christ lmao
It looks like somebody just mashed random on a character creator
The fact that I have literally never seen any of these besides the teal one, despite regular Incrediblesposting on this board, goes a long way to emphasize what a flop this movie was.
>>
>>143325032
Forgettable slop, first one will always be better regardless of the botted box office.
>>
>>143325277
>the original incredibles movie isn't a marvel in screenwriting
It 100% is.
>>
>>143325032
The best thing the film produced
>>
The only thing I even remembered was Violet expelling water through her nose. That how forgettable this movie was.
>>
>>143325032
I haven't seen it since it came out.
>>
>>143325032
It just feels weird if that's true. I don't know a single person who likes it more than the original. Inflation, I guess?
>>
>>143326289
It's more like people probably loved the original so much that it caused the sequel to do well.
>>
I like it, but I get why the first movie is beloved by many. If they make a third movie, I hope they continue with Bob and Helen reversing roles, only this time they switch personalities.
>>
The film had a rushed production that lead to many scenes ideas being deleted thanks to Disney switching the 2019 release date with Toy Story 4. I liked the sequel as it is, but there’s no denying we would have gotten a far better one had they not made the switch.
>>
I enjoyed it. I wanted more Elastigirl and I got it so I can't complain.
>>
File: krispy the klown.jpg (16 KB, 512x384)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>143325032
Incredibles 2 is a fun watch. Brad Bird knows how to make A MOVIE. But after the initial excitement of watching the sequel to quite arguably one of the greatest films of all time--animated or live-action--you realize how low said sequel ranks in Pixar's filmography.

Good film, just underwhelming as a sequel to The Incredibles.
>>
>>143325337
it really wasn't, it has the plot of a 6/10 movie you'd see playing on the free movies channel. i think the incredibles is great but more in part to solid execution, comedy, and charm over the plot. it's not my fault that you've only seen six whole movies
>>
>>143327634
>more in part to solid execution, comedy, and charm
Anon... that IS screenwriting. The original Incredibles is incredibly tightly written and every scene drives the story/characterization forward while still being entertaining. It fires on all cylinders while making it look effortless. I would easily call it better written than the vast majority of animated films and superhero films, if not all of them.
>it's not my fault that you've only seen six whole movies
Stop projecting, moron.
>>
>>143327607
If only they did more with her shapeshifting abilities than just have her turn into a parachute.
>>
>>143325032
"Highest grossing" is meaningless unless you're a financier. And anyway with ticket prices going up from year to year amd place to place, it's useless as a means of comparison between movies.

What's meaningful is comparing the number of tickets sold. Which is the Pixar movie that the most people paid to see?
>>
>>143327634
>>143327666
Just to drive the point home further, here's the actual screenplay:
https://thescriptlab.com/wp-content/uploads/scripts/the-incredibles.pdf
Notice how it's not a plot outline, or even just dialogue. It's every single moment of the movie laid out in meticulous detail.
>>
I'm interested in exactly how the family is gonna look after Jack Jack now that they know about his powers. Like what happens when he misbehaves? Are they gonna have to put him in a special room that contains his powers?
>>
>>143325318
The art direction for 2 was kinda shit if I'm being honest, especially when comparing both art books for 1 and 2.
>>
File deleted.
>>143325032
it was ass
>>
File: 1586983845774.png (3.93 MB, 2197x1479)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB PNG
>>143325032
It's also their longest movie yet.
>>
File: hcgib38v.png (659 KB, 1000x1500)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>143325032
Why did they make Dash so thicc?
>>
Will Pixar make their womens sexier again?
>>
>>143325032
Disappointing.
>>
File: Profile_-_Ember_Lumen.png (2.99 MB, 1546x2080)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
>>143331197
They literally just did, but of course you didn't watch that one
>>
>>143325419
It will never cease to astound me how, despite how openly she's worshiped as a sex icon, barely any decent artists do anything of worth with her.
>>
>>143327666
okay, fair enough. my point was that the plot isn't really outstanding or anything
>stop projecting
this is the "no u" of this board
>>
>>143325277
the main problem with the new heroes in this movie is that we never got to see them as real people. Even if their designs are way too wonky, having a scene where Helen/Bob got to meet with a couple in their civvies would have gone a long way.
>>
>>143325032
Robert Parr is one Super dad!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.