[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ezgif-2-455f5ab90e.gif (1.58 MB, 328x242)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
Was this Adult Swim best show?
>>
>>143323714
No it's Teen Titans Go.
>>
Close but Robot Chickem
>>
I still think the most fucked up episode was Nurse Bendy house situation
>>
Venture Bros.
>>
No that's Harvey Birdman
>>
>>143324078
Season 3 in general was depressing as hell
>>
>>143324317

Fell off after s3
>>
>>143324448
this
>>
>>143324467
they hit the sweetspot in season 2 of having silly fucked up plotlines based in absurdity while having underlying fucked up lore based in reality. season 3 isn't bad... but it does feel like it's trying too hard and lost its relationship to christianity entirely. one strong thing about the show that very few other shows have really done is that it parodies protestantism in particular, which i think makes for a lot more interesting jokes than "you believe in a sky daddy" reddit schlop
>>
File: moral-orel-doorbell.gif (209 KB, 220x165)
209 KB
209 KB GIF
Adult Swim needs more shota or loli protags
>>
>>143325365
>parodies protestantism in particular
Can you elaborate on this? As someone raised Catholic, I didn't pick up on that.
>>
>>143325445

Agreed
>>
>>143323714
its up there. harvey birdman, orel, venture bros., metalocalypse are top tier shows.
>>
>>143326110
Starting with low-lying gags off the top of my head
The confessional booth in the church is not a Protestant thing. The gag is it’s called a Repressional where Reverend Putty tells people to quash their fears and “ungodly” desires behind a mask of hypocrisy and doublethink. This is because these people are sure that appearing/being morally righteous must make them good people and they must deny rather than accept/come to terms with their flaws.
The episode where they have dinner with the new neighbours and then break off aggressively when they both realise they say the Lords Prayer one word differently.
There are lots of Protestant sects and they are sure they are right and more radical sects believe this condemns the rest to Hell.
>>
>>143326270

Forgot The Boondocks
>>
>>143324892
You fell off after s3

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.