[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (125 KB, 1200x675)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>season 1: edgy demon assassins killing people and shit like that
>season 2: gay demon relationship issues, family drama, ackshually stolas is a good boi who dindu nuffin and him fucking an imp is justified
Legitimately what happened? Season 2 feels like fanfiction of season 1.
>>
File: vivzie the hutt.jpg (214 KB, 1165x1000)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Viv is a fujo and gay drama is what she cares about. She just tricked people into funding it with a bait and switch premise. Doubly so with Loona
Now fuck off there's already another HB complaint thread
>>
>>143322720
>there's already another HB complaint thread
about a completely different subject
>>
>>143322748
Too fuckin' bad. You can share
>>
Paimon is best boi.
>>
new episode next week btw
>>
>>143322674
>season 2: gay demon relationship issues, family drama, ackshually stolas is a good boi who dindu nuffin and him fucking an imp is justified
It's like this since the 2nd episode of season 1, anon.
>>
>>143322950
no stolas was legitimately awful in s1. bringing your fucktoy bf who ruined your marriage on a daddy-daughter trip and making references to fucking him in front of her is how you get her to join a cult or the army just to get away from you
>>
>>143323001
did you even read his post, nigga?
>>
>>143323031
did you read mine? his post said' ackshually stolas is a good boi'. this was not the case in earlier episodes, back then s1 most people thought it was reasonable of octavia to try and murder her cheating husband
>>
>>143322674
The show is entirely shit.

Lets pretend the show does not include the annoying homosexual soap opera. How come none of the evil sinners Blitzo and co. kill come back seeking revenge? And before you say "Blitzo would kill them using angel weapons" Nope. Blitzo and his employees are stupid and don't even think about buying angel weapons to defend themselves from angry vengeful sinners.

The show only functions in the form of Bad Writing to carry and protect the incompetent main characters. That's how you know a show is trash. Does not help that Blitzo literally has multiple characters telling him that what he is doing is illegal even for Hell. He's an imp and he's not supposed to go onto Earth and he does it all with NO disguise even multiple characters tell him that he should at least use a disguise but neither Blitzo or his employees with the exception of Loona who rebels against Blitzo's idiotic authority does and yet it still doesn't come back to haunt him. As stated BAD WRITING.

And then you can combine the unwanted homo soap opera and Helluva Boss is simply a garbage show entirely. Viv is a hack and the best thing that can happen is for her to crash and burn and fizzle out and become a has been so she can go back to living off her rich parents never to be heard from again.
>>
>>143323079
Nigga no he didn't
He said the show's problems (particularly with Stolas) don't start with season 2, they're there from basically the start. Where the fuck is he excusing Stolas' behavior? How do you mix up Octavia and Stella, for that matter?
>>
Unironically how many times do we have to have threads repeating the obvious over and over again that Vivzie's shows suck? They're fucking bad. Everyone knows they're bad.

What is there to discuss, realistically, other than repeating over and over that they're bad?
>>
>>143323568
It's the same exact opener almost every time too.
>"WHY DID THIS DARK COMEDY SERIES ABOUT DEMONS TURN INTO A FAG DRAMA SHOW WHAT WENT WRONG???"
Maybe if you looked at all the other threads with the exact same OP in the archive you'd know. Find something else to complain about for fuck's sake.
>>
>>143323568
they're good actually
>>
>>143323366
> How come none of the evil sinners Blitzo and co. kill come back seeking revenge?
Isn't that because all the sinners are stuck in the center of hell while demons get to be in the rest of it?
>>
>>143324537
>Isn't that because all the sinners are stuck in the center of hell
But then how do they get clients? And some of the sinners appear right in front of them.
>>
>>143324578
>But then how do they get clients?
No idea, i just said they can avoid 'payback' pretty easily
>>
>>143323568
You're free to not participate you know
>>
>>143323568
i liked hazbin hotel tbqh
>>
>>143322674
Both of Vivs' pilots just simply establish the initial settings, no one ever said that's all it'd ever be anon, you're absolutely free to dislike where it shifted to, but let's not pretend it was legally obligated to stay stagnant in one place when these were jumping off points for more intimate stories.

This criticism has gotten really stale with the fact the shows are at least relatively sound in the direction they go in, you might dislike how it's written (because it can totally be trashy sometimes), but it's so weird people thought both of her products were going to be [x] from literal Pilots that, even in Hazbin's case where it seems to still be canon, was not at all saying that is where the entirety of the show is taking place nor revolves around, it's about the nuances within those places both these series take advantage of.
>>
>>143324850
I'm not even talking about the pilot, I'm talking about the entirety of the first season.
>you're absolutely free to dislike where it shifted to, but let's not pretend it was legally obligated to stay stagnant
I never said it was obligated to stay stagnant.
I'm wondering why the hell there's been such a massive shift in tone/focus from the first season. The first season was all edgy murder and shenanigans and now the second season is all fag shit and relationship drama and everything that made the first season good has taken a back seat.
>>
File: S1E2.png (132 KB, 290x163)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>143324899
I seriously wouldn't even call the show anything close to 'demon assassins', if anything, from Ep 2 onwards, just consider it more as a bodyguarding setting kind of job more than anything, that's quite literally what I.M.P does more often than not.
If we're not getting into the drama with Stolas that feature needing to protect him too (S1E2, S1E5, S1E6, S1E7, S1E8), the reason they do 'assassin' gigs is to compete with someone else, or they're not even assassinating anyone to compete (S1E3, S1E4).
What I usually see from threads like these is that no one likes Stolitz (based, it's so fucking painful that even fans liked when Viv did a sped up version of it with Fizz and Asmodeous) enough to endure the focused romance plotline that S2 expands on, even though legitimately just look back at S1 again and you see it was ALWAYS Stolitz.
I think folks just remember shit like the literal who antag no one remembers other than killing the teacher sinner having her eye blown out by Moxxie and think 'WOW! where's this?' yet ignore the constant action scenes of gruesome violence that happen at least once if not multiple times in each Episode, some just get more drawn out than others.
/co/ just deluded itself into wanting this shit to be some action packed thrill ride yet they'll hate the direction other shows that did the opposite pipeline for all time.

Again, Stolitz is just a very poorly written plotline to have banked your entire premise around, but otherwise it's worst episode is making Moxxie and Millie's relationship feel like it started only an episode ago, and not that they've been married for YEARS now (S2E5). don't give a fuck how much you hate the romance drama, this is the most worthless episode ever and it barely features the romance drama.
>>
>>143322674
>Remember how S1 resolved on a cliff hanger between Blitzo and Stolas
>Remember how it never was picked back up in S2
>Remember how that finale was more or less repeated beat for beat in Stryker's S2 EP
>Remember how you find out that it was resolved off screen
>Remember how no progress on any main character was made
>Remember how they just decided to focus on a gay clown antagonist from one episode for no reason
>Remember how you were just expecting some episodic comedy like a more gay and edgy Billy and Mandy and not drama shit
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.