[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3899.jpg (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>grow up
>see princess bubblegum get called “autistic” by /co/
>take it as shits and giggles in the internet
>get older, go to college
>get a degree
>watch show again out of curiosity
>realize Princess Bubblegum actually, genuinely acts consistent with the traits of Autistic Spectrum Disorder
>not sure what to do with this information
>>
>easily and widely sociable
>understands humor
>socially conscious, adaptable, and does not have a fixed schedule
No she does not.
>>
File: ironic.png (80 KB, 640x276)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>143320797
>thinking autistics need to conform to a strict, narrow definition
did you miss the SPECTRUM part of ASD
>>
File: Green_tick.png (16 KB, 500x491)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>143320820
I miss the part where normals displaying very normal personality traits try desperately to conflate themselves with the mentally ill to be trendy, yes.
>>
>>143320849
This.
Adventure Time is a weird show, if you wanted I'm pretty sure most of the cast could get shoved with some disorder in the same way that anybody that might be socially anxious can get diagnosed with autism.
>>
>>143279089
there's already a thread you gobshites
>>
File: 4t9do0.jpg (71 KB, 930x1240)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>x character is a little hecking quirky so that means they're a cute lesbo autismo!!! XD
I've worked with children who have Aspergers. If you want a litmus test to recognise one in the wild, imagine Sheldon Cooper in your head. That's what actual autists act like, almost exactly.
>>
>>143320820
>making the definition as broad as possible to include any wannabe spectrobes
The “fashion” of mental illness is vomit-inducing. Remember when everyone and their mother had OCD? BPD? Depression? It’s all about whatever is most talked about.
>>
File: courtneyphobiafactor.jpg (11 KB, 189x267)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
its ok to have a myriad of mental health disorders! take it from the adhd bpd cptsd queen herself, and yes i've been diagnosed with all of those. never got an autism diagnosis but i think i have that too! its not even about being quirky

was gonna post bubblegum but here's another fav of mine i think could be autistic
>>
>>143320934
>Sheldon Cooper
You have never encountered ASD outside fiction.
>>
>>143320820
What fucking criteria are you using to diagnose autism if fucking Bubblegum falls under it? What's the point of this spectrum shit other than to brand you?
>>
>>143322174
I have and they act exactly that way. They’re insufferably obnoxious, rigid in their ways and refuse to learn, and being near them makes you want to punch them because they’re always being retarded. The biggest difference if anything is that they don’t let up on occasion like a tv character will.
>>
>>143322505
>They’re insufferably obnoxious, rigid in their ways and refuse to learn, and being near them makes you want to punch them because they’re always being retarded.
Are you sure it's them you're describing?
>>
>>143320778
Name ONE (1) way she acts that way. Good luck.
>>
>>143320921
Different subject matter retard.
YWNBARJ
>>
File: Bugbo Quartet.png (732 KB, 745x543)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
Honestly, if any fictional characters are autistic, it would be the Bugbo Quartet

>Each one is a different form of autism
>Bugbo is low empathy autism
>Gerbo is classic autism
>Gradient Joe is nonverbal autism
>Hoppo is rapid speech autism
>>
File: pbpasta.gif (145 KB, 400x350)
145 KB
145 KB GIF
>>143323686
early bubbs gives off that dorky lolrandom kind of girl autism vibes that you have to see to believe, i'm kind of like this and had friends that were like this in middle school. its not all linear. like i naturally oppose rules and authority but was very studious as a kid, and like >>143322505 i had a male autistic coworker once who took the id every customer for alcohol thing way too literally and would get pissed at him cuz it'd take longer for everyone to leave so i could get back on my phone, would try to tell him "hey dude if you can tell they're like literal seniors or have seen them before its cool" and he never learned. but then one day this drunk "alpha" male guy flipped out at him and while i felt bad for him, it fixed the issue.

also while she creates her own system she's very rigid about sticking to it like when she dungeons ice king for believing he's the problem for freezing the candy peoples, her hyperfixation on hating the duke etc.
>>
It's rare that women are autistic, and they're trying to co-op the term for attention.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.